- Text Size +

The rest of the day. . . . And pretty much the week, went exactly as I thought it would. In retaliation, Greta began to pile every single project that she muster on me. She knew she couldn't bury me under her feet just yet, so her plan was to bury me in work, in the hopes that I would make a mistake worthy of catching a stomping.


She could shove that plan right up her-



A-anyway. ...


What Greta didn't account for, is that she had only ever seen me work at half capacity. I was a slacker by choice, but I didn't graduate top of my class for no reason. Now. . . Now was my time to shine and make her look even worse, so I worked as hard as I could and by the end of the week, I had knocked out every single project she put on me.


I knew I had done a solid job when I walked past Greta's office and she only offered a scowl as I passed.


God was she pissed off.

I loved it.



It felt good to be leaving the office and actually being able to enjoy my weekend. By that I mean actually being conscious for it.


Although I had no more work to do that was office related, I still had things to get done. That's why at 11:35 that night, I went to meet a friend at my favorite quiet bar. I knew that come Monday morning, things were going to change.



And change they did. I pulled up to the office Monday morning to a slew of reporters outside the building. I knew that my friend had done his work. Standing in front of the main entrance was Bridgette, red faced and flustered as endless questions about the crooked inner workings of the company.


I guess I hadn't really noticed before but yeah. . . . She was tall. She looked like the queen bee, in the company of all the little reporters. She stammered and made excuses as best she could, but it was a losing battle. I tried not to stare for too long, as any eye contact with the Amazon leader would definitely end in pain for me. I scurried to the back entrance and was surprised to see the room outside of the shrinking device was full of employees. I had to act surprised, so I found Monte and played the part.

"What the hell is going on man? It's crazy out there!" I asked, shock and awe on my face.

"Nobody knows for sure, and we're not supposed to talk to any outside sources, but I guess some newspaper found out about the shrinking device. I guess the supervisors were using their size to abuse employees into doing what they want."

"No shit?!" I asked.

"Yeah. It's pretty unbelievable." He answered back, shaking his head. "Either way, management decided it was a bad idea to send us back into the office at small size, so here we are. Waiting to see what becomes of everything now."

"Hmm. " I said thoughtfully.

The lobby was bubbling with talk of the scandal, and 40 minutes later, a woman I'd never seen before came to speak to us. She told us that the office would be closed until they could sort everything out, and get all the facts. To our relief, she said that we would still receive our paychecks up until they had the situation handled the internal investigation. . . . Beautiful.




A month had passed since I dropped the hammer on it all. In that time, there was no real information on what was going on or who was in the cross hairs. Finally I awoke to a new company e-mail.

It outlined that work would begin again the following Monday. It had taken time to reconstruct full sized offices as the shrinking machine had been removed in the investigation. It also said that all supervisors were being replaced after the findings. . . Lovely.


To my surprise, that wasn't the only messege I received that day.

[Can you meet me for a follow up interview?]


(Sure. I can meet you at the same place)

[No. I was thinking my apartment this time. Easier for me to take longer notes and record quotes.]

I was skeptical of this, as we agreed to never meet anywhere else, but I agreed none the less, and I was sent the address.


11:35p.m

I knocked on the door of apartment #26. It was silent, but a moment later the door opened and Andrew, the reporter opened the door. He looked nervous as he glanced up and down the hallway, making sure I wasn't followed. Seeing no one, he let me in.

"Uh.... just take a seat on the couch. I'll be right there." He said, as he walked in to a room in the back of his apartment. It was quiet for a long moment, almost too quiet before it happened.


Like something out of a movie, all of a sudden, 3 men in black burst out of random rooms in his place. They were on me before I could make a move and two of them grabbed my arms. The 3rd held a rifle in his hands. Behind them, Andrew emerged, with his hands ziptied together.

"I'm so sorry man! They made me do it!" He cried as I struggled against my captors.

I was about to speak, when the man with the gun, turned the butt of the rifle and smacked me in the temple. I was out cold.


I awoke several times on the way to wherever we were headed. I had a hood over my head, but the space around me, told me I was in the back of a van. That was all I could gather before I passed out again.


The next time I came to, I was greeted with sunshine and a sight I wasn't expecting. Being kidnapped, the scenario of being tied to a chair in a dark room with a hanging light was what I expected. What I got was something completely different.

First of all, I was shrunk. It wasn't a new experience so I didn't waste any time thinking about it, but I could tell from the items around me, that I was smaller than usual.

Second, this wasn't an office. It was definitely somebodies home. A sun room or something. It had Windows covering most of the available wall space, and various types of plants were everywhere.

Third, and most importantly, there was a giant, middle aged woman observing me, with a slight smile. My heart began to pound. She hadn't moved at all, but something about her made me uneasy. It wasn't anything in particular about her though.

Although she was older, I'd say no younger than 45, she was drop dead gorgeous. Her face felt so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. She had shoulder length blonde hair, wavy but neat. Her eyes, that never left me, were an icy blue. It felt like they could bore a hole in me.

My eyes traveled down past her pale face, to her ample. . . .ample chest. She wore a tight, low cut v neck short sleeve shirt, which looked to be struggling to contain her. I was mesmerized by her, not aware of how hard I was actually staring, but she seemed content to let me do just that.

It wasn't until I felt my head throbbing that I snapped out of my breast induced stupor.

"Well hello there." She greeted me. Her voice was no less sultry than I expected it to be. I couldn't explain it, but the sound of it made me weak and I dropped to my knees.

She chuckled expectantly, as if there was no other possible reaction I could have had. She had a weight about her. Like I couldn't resist her, even if I was full size. Like she was in charge, no matter who else was in the room and it would be unwise to challenge her.

"Well. . . Say something. I know you can speak. . . You say all sorts of little things. "

I wasn't exactly sure what she actually knew, so I played my cards close to my chest. I climbed to my feet and faced her down.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Where am I?" I asked, rudely.

Again she chuckled and it sent a shiver down my spine. Like I was in the lair of a dragon.

"You're a ballsy little one. . . I like that." She answered, an amused look on her face.

"What's this about!? Why did you kidnap me?" I demanded.

I jumped as she shifted slightly from her seated position. For the first time, I looked at her legs. She wore black leggings and her legs were crossed. Her feet were bare and she had black toe nail polish. Again I zoned out as she uncrossed and crossed her legs.

"I am sorry about that. . . The boys can be a little rough sometimes. I stitched your cut myself by the way. " she said, nodding in the general direction of my cut.

"Anyway" she continued, " I brought you here just to have a little. . . Chat." She finished, thoughtfully.

"Huh. . If you only want to "have a little chat" I said, mocking her, " Then why go through the trouble of fucking kidnapping me AND shrinking me on top of that? You're with the company aren't you? That would explain the the shrinking anyway. " I guessed, and as I studied her face, I saw her eyes narrow for the briefest of moments, confirming my deduction.

"That's what I thought." I said smugly.

Her expression never changed from her slight smile as she addressed me.

"You're kind of a mouthy little shit, aren't you? Clever. . . But mouthy. I may have to rework the attitude adjustment program for the future.


I digested that statement immediately and the implications it had behind it. The way she made it seem, SHE was the brain behind the shrinking device and the whole management structure of the company. I decided to feel her out and learn more.

"Attitude adjustment program?" I asked, acting confused. "I guess I don't know what you're talking about."

The slight smile changed to just a straight face.

"You can cut the shit just about anytime little man. Believe me, you wouldn't be here if you didn't know what I was talking about." She said, trying to keep her cool.

"You still haven't told me WHY I'm here! . . Or who you are, for that matter." I spat back before I had time to think it through. I was rewarded with the first bit of motion I had seen from her thus far.

In the blink of an eye, her long, black tipped fingers shot up and delivered a brutal flick to my tiny chest. I was thrown 20 feet back onto her end table, landing hard and skidding to a halt. I clutched my chest and coughed uncontrollably as her hand withdrew.

"You watch your tone, bug!" She said, her voice full of passion.

She just glared at me as I layed sprawled out. After a moment, my coughing must have annoyed her because her fingers approached me again, this time snatching me up between her thumb and forefinger like I weighed nothing. She brought me to her face, her eyes speaking volumes as to how insignificant I was to her.

"So you want to know why you're here huh?" She asked, giving her wrist a flick, and ragdolling my 3 inch body in the process.

"I won't waste any more time with this little game you're playing. I know exactly who you are, and I know exactly what you did. But let me tell you where you went wrong." She said, again her passion showing. I couldn't tell if she was actually getting angry or not.

"Here's a little insider information for you. . . If you plan to take down anyone. . . Your enemies, corruption, it doesn't matter. . . If you plan to take them down. . . Always make sure to take down the biggest fish in the pond." She finished, and her teeth bared in a sinister grin.

"I hate to tell you this lady, but I DID take down the biggest fish in the pond! They fired all the management and their starting fresh!" I said, brimming confidence, but her reaction was nothing like I expected.

The blonde giantess let out a deep belly laugh as she heard my bold statement. It lasted for several seconds before she spoke.

"Now that's a good one! While I admit that you have spunk young man, you were nowhere NEAR the top of the food chain with your little stunt. . . . What you DID do, is take down the DAUGHTER of the biggest fish in the pond." She informed me. She drank in my shock as she let me dangle in front of her face.

"Y-You mean. . You're-"

"That's right. . . . I'm Bridgette's mother."

Fuck. . . This was a development I hadn't foreseen. That I COULDN'T have foreseen. My body went into overload as it tried to fathom my current situation.

"The name's Claire." She told me a moment later.

At that point, I did the only thing I could do. . . Started talking.

"What. . . What do you want from me?!" I asked, my voice barely holding back my fear.

"Well. . . . Unfortunately for you Marcus. . . Although there was no harm done, and firing Bridgette was just for show to keep the media from sniffing  around any further. . . . I just can't allow some little dipshit, computer nerd. . . To get away with disrespecting my daughter like that. " Claire explained to me, her expression cold again.

I was just about to speak, when she snapped her wrist upward, tossing me into the air. I floated for a second before she swiped her open hand across me, simultaneously trapping me from head to toe in her big fist.

My brain was already scrambled, when she began to squeeze. The walls started closing in on me and my cries were muffled in her feminine fingers as they took up the available space around me and then some. I began to hear the tell tale signs of a crush. . . Joints popping and flexing.

"You see Marcus, the problem with little weasels. . . Poking their noses where they don't belong is. . . . Eventually someone bigger. . ." She said, ratcheting up her grip on me, "stronger". . . Beyond my comprehension, her grip got even tighter.

At this point, I was aware that my body had been pushed far beyond the limit of what it should have been able to handle without becoming a puddle of mush in her hand. The thoughts and possibilities of how this was happening tried to get to the forefront of my mind, but were promptly squeezed out as, impossibly. . . Somehow. . . . Her grip got even tighter!

"And more ruthless, comes around and catches them underfoot." She finished, but didn't relent on the pressure. The last thing I heard, was a purr of satisfaction from her as she admired me in her fist before I blacked out.


Chapter End Notes:

The plot thickens.