- Text Size +

Chapter 2


Thanks to our crystal ball, I knew where Megan was. I rubbed my hands in pre-joy and took off. First, the carpet. I went to the roof of our home, spread the thing out and sat down on it. Then I cast the spell to make myself "undetectable". Not just invisible, but also inaudible and covering whatever odors I, or the carpet, might produce (what are you thinking of now, hm?). After that, I used my magic to hover a few feet into the air, so I could cast the shielding spell, which you must imagine as a "bubble" around me and the carpet. The shield made sure nothing but air, light and sound could penetrate it, and was so strong that it could deflect bullets and stones. After all, a rampaging giantess produced quite some flying debris and a stray bullet from a soldier might hit me as well. Now I was perfectly protected against all this. Too bad I don't know the spell yet that also protects from artillery shells, rockets and the like, I only know this "light" shielding spell. This is one reason I used Megan instead of myself- no 100% protection against more powerful weapons. Well, no matter.


Grinning, I flew towards the place where Megan was. She was window-shopping a few hundred feet from my home, so I reached her quickly. Of course, I had to make sure I didn't collide with anything, certainly not people, because it would give away my presence. 


Megan was strolling over St Sepulchre Gate Street. Having flown there, I hovered a couple of feet above her, and cast the spell to mentally control her. 


It worked nicely. 


At will, I could make her now do whatever I wanted! Second, I cast the protection spell on her. Now she was shielded against debris, stones and gunshots too. 


Under my control, I steered her towards the railway station, where I made her buy a train ticket to London and get on the next train. Since it was still morning, there'd be plenty of time to amuse myself with her before it went too dark.


No, I couldn't teleport her or myself there. It's very difficult to do so. First, one needs to create another shield in the place where you want to teleport to, then create a vacuüm in there. A vacuüm, because no air or dust can be at the same place where your body will be and... oh well, let's leave that and continue.


While the train drove to London, I kept flying near it. It was better not to enter the train, because I would occupy too much space. Luckily the hover spell allows me to move a great speed, something that would certainly be handy if Megan would reach certain heights and move around, heh, heh.


After the long, boring two-hour trip to London, I had Megan, still totally oblivious to the world, get out and walk towards a specific place I had thought of. Though I could have made her grow on the spot, I wanted her to make a more dramatic entrance. Imagine, you walk the street, see a small but pretty girl, and suddenly, she shoots up, growing and growing, until she is bigger than a skyscraper. I had to grin at the thought, but wanted something else. Like last year, where Megan, at least in the now no longer existant timeline, began to grow in a subway station and broke through the street towards the surface.


Which made me wonder. If that timeline didn't exist, how could that confused author know about it and wrote that moronic story? Ah well, maybe my master told him about it....


Anyway, I had this neat idea. There is a place in London called "Speaker's Corner" in Hyde Park, where every idiot can say whatever he or she wants. And mostly, there is an audience willing to listen to the tripe as well. Grinning, I had Megan go there.


I steered her towards an empty stone bench in that place in Hyde Park. There, standing on the bench, I had her, in a loud voice, rant about how small people were discriminated. You see, Megan is a rather short woman. I believe she is around 5'2, and therefore, her rantings made sense. Megan whined about unreachable stuff on top of shelves in supermarkets, being directed towards the children's department in a clothing store, that kind of stuff. Soon, she had attracted a small crowd.


I, invisible (sounds better than "undetectable") and hovering about six feet behind her, rubbed my hands in pre-joy. The game was about to begin!