- Text Size +

Hi, my name is Angela. I'm eleven years old and live in Doncaster, Great Britain. You may know me, for about two years ago some confused writer wrote about my master and me, and how I learned an important lesson considering my profession.

You see, I am a wizard's pupil, and my master, the archmage Hippolytus, showed me in a graphic and impressive way that we should always take care that the magical boons we grant to others can't be turned against us.


No, I'm not going to retell that story. If you really want to know, and have nothing better to do, read it. It's circling around the net under the title "Britain's got a giantess". 


Let me make a few things clear. First, my master is the only archmage around, but by no means the only magic-user (apart from me of course). There are others all around the world, but they have other titles, like the Grand Druid of Europe or the Supreme Shaman of Africa. And another thing, my master leaves twice a year our home here in Doncaster to meet the other magic-users from around the world. During those six- day meetings they telepathically contact each other, exchanging all kinds of ideas and arcane knowledge.


Yes, we have telepathic powers, but full access to someone's mind is only possible if the target is willing. If not, or if one is targeted unaware, only basic feelings or what one is up to can be read. And "sending" thoughts into such a person's mind is in that case impossible. But that does not mean that we cannot mentally control someone.


Mental control is something else than telepathy. One simply captures the entire will of a person, who is then unable to resist what you want him or her do. As a matter of fact, the target is not even aware he or she is controlled. Like being under deep narcosis, the target is absolutely oblivious to the world.


Why I tell you this? Well, about ten days ago, my master was about to leave again for such a meeting. This time it was held in Tanzania, Africa, in a secret cave underneath Mount Kilimanjaro. In other words, I had free reign for about a week of our home.


Although master Hippolytus told me to "behave", I had other plans. See, this girl he gave a magical amulet last year, a would-be singer named Megan, she never left my mind. It was terrible to see at first how she grew into a giantess, destroying and killing all of London, but the more I thought about it, the more I came to like it. Just like in those B-movies, attack of the 50 foot whatever, it would be fun to see such a rampage again and be the one in charge.


No, I didn't want to become a giantess myself. The risk is too great. I know an appearance-changing and protective spell, but the latter is not strong enough to fully shield myself against whatever weaponry the outside world might throw at gigantic me. Therefore, I decided to use this Megan again, for she had been the giantess in that now-destroyed timeline, while I stayed at a safe distance. And yes, changing the size of someone, or something , is easy. Basic magic, see?


I'll tell you how I planned it. First, I would cast the time-rewinding spell my master had thought me shortly after last year's events. As soon as Megan would be killed, or I had enjoyed myself enough, I'd active it and everything would be undone. No one, not even my master, would ever know what happened.


Second, to use Megan, I'd simply cast the spell secretly when I met her on the street (she lives in Doncaster as well, and I saw her a couple of times during the past year), the spell that enables me to take full control of her body through mind control. This way, her consciousness would be "shut down", while I, like a puppeteer, could make he do whatever I wanted. 


And third, I myself would use a flying carpet (yes, they exist), turn invisible and, like some drone, hover at a distance from her. Of course I'd protect Megan (and myself) with the protective shielding-spell too. I didn't want her to be killed immediately.
This was what I planned. I thought it all over and over, making sure I didn't forget anything and used all I had leaned to make it as safe as possible, most importantly for myself. For my master would certainly not approve of what I had in mind, to say the least.


"Time to leave," he said on the aforementioned day. "You behave, hear?"


"Yes, master," I said, trying to look and sound as obedient as possible. He nodded and teleported away. I waited for another day, just in case that he might come back because he forgot something. Then it was time for some (big) fun!