- Text Size +

Status Quo

The room filled with broken streams of light as dawn broke for the Goddess, and she rolled away from the window in annoyance, She should move that sun. Her eyes opened looking across her sheets she spotted a couple of micro scavengers who had stayed too long, idly she dug them up with a fingernail and brought them to her tired eyes, two 0.5mm men gawked back at her. Then she pulled herself from her bed, sending the microbes flying off in whatever direction gravity decided, scanning around her room she saw the remains of the temple night shift rushing to hide themselves in the various escape routes throughout her room. She also noticed her maid Sarah, kneeling by the door, unusual for her to already be there without being summoned.

"Looking for some bonus points slave?"

Sarah looked up slowly at her tired Goddess standing over her; She had been here for nearly 40 minutes waiting for her to wake up so she could inform her of the developments on Enda. This was either going to make her incredibly happy or furious with rage; It was hard to tell until she delivered the news.

"My Goddess, Your tribute planet Enda has undergone a liberty movement and are now refusing tribute to you"

Sarah observed the Goddess, watched the smile creep onto her face and her hands twitching at her sides; now she had to drop the bad news.

"They were the planet due to offer your Festive tribute today"

The shift in mood was sudden and painful as Sarah found herself doll sized and having the life squeezed out of her before she even saw the Goddess raise a hand. Charlotte screamed at the tiny girl now inches from her face.

"YOU LET MY FESTIVE TRIBUTE REVOLT, DO YOU WANT TO BE MY TRIBUTE"

The doll-sized maid recoiled in terror as the harsh audio threatened to deafen her completely. Looking up at the Goddess with tears in her eyes she started muttering promises, pledges and apologies hoping to calm the enraged Deity. Charlotte just squeezed her more until she had no breath for words.

"YOU WILL FIX THIS INSECT; I WILL NOT GO WITHOUT MY BATH"

In her mind Charlotte focused on an unpleasant arid area along the Enda Equator, summoning a sack into Sarah's doll hands, the Goddess through her. Sarah flew across the room in a broad arc before landing painfully on her back into a sandy desert, surrounded by 2-inch people many splattered across her back. The heat beat down on her, and she was already sweating in her clothes as she began snatching up the local population into the sack, mentally tracking the numbers.

Charlotte was going to set the Status Quo back to how it should be on Enda herself soon enough, but first, she had to shower, dress and have breakfast. Realising she had just cast her maid away for a while, she opened a new box on her dresser and gazed down into the smiling face of Cassi. Restoring Cassi to her normal height, she outlined her demands.

"While Sarah is a way you will be my Maid, I need Toast with Jelly & Sprinkles and a Coffee with cream and sprinkles. You have until I am showered and dressed"

The Goddess then turned and walked into her bathroom to shower.

Mark was a Marine, Then he was a tribute, and now he was a washcloth. This was a special hell Charlotte had thought up, leaving him in agonising torturous pain every second he was alive. She had toughened his skin so as his bones and insides broke nothing ever pierced his skin, he was also always conscious and for some reason, not dead. He was a living mushed up human that she used as a wash rag. As he saw her enter and start the water flowing he found himself unable to move his neck, those bones and muscles were the first to break, as he gazed up from the shelf seeing the naked divine start to bath. She often reminded him how lucky he was; He wanted to die as once again he was scrunched into her hand.

Charlotte finished her shower and cast her human sponge back onto his shelf; She was amused he was still alive, The whole thing was an experiment for her to see how long her power would hold his consciousness to his broken mortal body, She was starting to think she could keep him forever. This concept could most certainly be used for other things.

Walking over to her wardrobe the Goddess chose a tight black T-Shirt, Jeans and a nice pair of flip-flops. These "liberators" were not worth dressing up fancy for; she just wanted to have fun and remind them who they belonged to. Heading into the kitchen, she found Cassi inspecting the sprinkles fighting to escape the jelly on the toast. Charlotte took her seat, and Cassi turned to serve her.

"You never mentioned the sprinkles were people Goddess; they are so small!"

The Goddess reached for her toast and took a large bite, the tinies in the jelly not even a noticeable change to the flavour. She took the time to study Cassi, appraising her, Judging her.

"Does it bother you? You know I am expecting you to paint these tributes into a design on my toes later right?"

Cassi was taken aback by the morbid request as she processed the information, She reasoned that as long as she the one holding the brush and not the one being applied to the nail, She had no reason to complain. It could be fun to wield the power of a goddess herself for a while, she smiled broadly and kneeled before the sitting Charlotte.

"It would be an honour and a pleasure my Goddess"

Chewing the last piece of toast the Goddess observed her replacement maid and smiled, She was a good choice, after all, Maybe she should make her fight Sarah for the maid position, maybe she could use two. Decisions for another day. Charlotte stood and lifted a flip flop to her kneeling maid's mouth. Cassi kissed it, as expected and then she left. Descending her staircase to the world of mortals and the capital city of Enda.

The buildings towered over as she touched down onto the streets. She was only about 80 ft tall; this was going to be a personal reminder. First, however, She had to announce her presence and remind them of their place. She yelled, pushing her voice across the surface of the planet.

"GOOD MORNING ENDA, I AM YOUR SUPREME GODDESS, THE ONE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE TRIBUTING TODAY, I HEARD YOU HAD A CHANGE OF HEART, I HAVE COME TO CHANGE THAT BACK"

Sarah was filling her 3rd sack of 1000 tributes when she heard Charlotte's voice sweep the planet; She had never been present while the Goddess was making decrees before, the experience was awe-inspiring, why would any world deny her power with just that declaration.
As she was collecting people, she realised they suddenly more subdued, more accepting of her collection. She found herself with more respect for the Goddesses power than before if that was even possible.

Goddess Charlotte was swiping her hand idly along the side of a building, pushing out windows, office supplies and people as her hand demolished office after office, smiling as she watched people fall and bounce from her jeans onto the floor. Casually she hip bumped the building next to her and watched as it fell in on itself.

"I could dismantle your city one building at a time; I could devour your whole world like a mint. Your lives are mine; they always were. Bring me the people responsible for my lack of tribute"

We ran, we all ran, Our team were out on the town celebrating liberation day, Our new president Ella Rowe was out with us celebrating our final victory in the polls. As the Goddesses decree was heard and the thunderous stomps echoed through the city, people turned on us, people who helped us win, people who supported our campaign and the populace that voted for us. We were chased through the bars, and even our security turned on us, Then we were tied up and dragged into a van.

When the doors open were cast out into the street before a huge flip-flopped foot, as we gazed up the long denim legs and black shirt we saw the Goddess looking in on a building, she was chasing people around the inside of the building and occasionally giggling before shifting her gaze around, her deadly sick game continued as we waited to see if she would notice our captors and us by her feet. One of the security guards we were with decided that he was done waiting as he hurled a flashbang into the sky. It flew about half way up her chin before exploding in a bright flash.

Charlotte was slowly crushing a small suited man under her finger when she noticed a tiny flash by her feet. She left the man half smashed into his office wall as she squats down over the small assembled group below her, unable to hear them she plucked the tiny well-dressed woman from the group and brought her up to her ear. The woman was babbling but her meaning was clear, these people were kidnaping her.

"Kidnapped, By these bugs, Well that doesn't make much sense, I am not stupid. However, I can check"

Reaching into her jeans pocket, she pulled a small screen and smushed the tiny woman up against it. Her device drew from planets databases and presented the Goddess with the recent news around the woman. Charlotte smiled and casually pocketed the device and the woman. Looking down over the people who had brought her the desired prey, She identified the others they had brought as prisoners and plucked them from the group too.

"You have done well bugs, Now rebuild in my name, and I expect you to offer me my Festive Tribute in 2 days, This planet with earn its place in my domain"

Charlotte tightened her grip around one of the small men in her hand and slammed her fist through a building, crunching the man as she rends a building in half. Opening her other hand, she dumped the remaining two men on the ground keeping the women for a moment as she slipped her foot from her flip flop and placed it gently on top of the two squirming men, feeling them fight in terror for their lives. Then she pushed the woman between her toes and held her there, enjoying the feeling of the three tiny lives fighting her power. Slowly she pushed down with her foot breaking and squelching the small men beneath her, Then curling her toes, dragging the woman between them and then under them as she popped beneath the Goddesses Pressure.

Then she lost control, Her desire had built, and now she just wanted to let it all out. Jumping, Dancing, straddling and kicking, the city fell victim to her playful whims, people died before they saw her as she moved with speed and grace from one side of the city to the other. A Deadly whirlwind of bare feet and hands with the occasional body slam or hip thrust as she revelled in her power for the next couple of hours.

Finally exhausted and liberally coated in debris and gore the Goddess sat in the city square, feeling the 15 or so people expire as she let her weight drop on them and leant into the sturdy building behind her. Flexing her fingers, she lazily grabbed a fleeing woman and hooked her hand between her teeth, leaving her to dangle from her mouth as she soaked in the chaos, fire and destruction around her. This was her place, and that was theirs, They would be telling stories of this night for generations, she would forget it by the weeks' end. She slurped the dangling woman up into her mouth and swallowed her whole.

Moving back towards her staircase she had one final reminder to leave them with as she ascended.

"Two Days, 7500 Tributes. Or this whole planet becomes a tiny rhinestone painted onto my nail"

Returning to her lounge and finding Cassi already on her knees waiting, Charlotte reached out with her power and dragged Sarah back with her five full sacks of people. Sarah quickly placed the bags on the floor while staring quizzically at the other full size serving girl, knowing it was not her place to ask, Sarah, sandy and sunburnt, knelt next to Cassi. The Goddess removed a small girl from her pocket and placed her in a small cage next to her. She turned to her maids.

"Maids, Meet Ella, President of Enda, She needs to meet a harrowing tormenting end for trying to steal a world from me. You each until tomorrow to pitch me your best torment. The Winner will serve as my maid; The loser will become the winners' maid"

Then Charlotte turned a left, trailing debris and blood through the house, knowing the maids would clean it up as she headed back to the shower.