- Text Size +

Temple Life

2 Weeks Ago, Goddess Charlotte decided she wanted her Priestesses to keep video diaries of life in her temple and outline their roles. We have no idea why It was not our place to question.

So here I am. My Name is Jessica, and I am a speck level Acolyte serving in the tribute stores. Speck Level Acolytes like me are all 3 mm in height on the Charlotte Scale, The standard form of measurement used in all temples. This may sound small, but when you work in tribute, you tower over nearly everyone in the section. Most tributes arrive in boxes at 0.5mm unless Maid Sarah selects them for particular assignments, such as the recent Wine experiment as we have started calling it.
My Specific job is mostly logistics, The Tributes arrive, and 2 Speck acolytes filter the tributes into separate holding areas, We filter them into male, female, working age and the affectionately dubbed Useless categories. Once our containers of new entries are full, We report to our supervisor, a Bug Level Priestess; They tower over us at nearly 2 inches in height. These Priestesses can carry the containers to the next level of sorting.
My Personal ambition is to make my way up to being an interaction Priestess; These are any Priestesses that are permitted conversation with Maid Sarah. I have served in logistics for nearly a year, and I am one of most senior Speck Acolytes, So I am hopeful a promotion to a bug is on the horizon. The bigger you get, the less chance you have of being snuffed out by mistake while Sarah is organising the shelves.
The highlight of my service so far was when the Goddess noticed me, None of the other Speck Acolytes can have that claim to fame! I was on my way back from Informing the Bug of our latest batch when Goddess Charlotte came in and started scanning through the shelves looking for something. She locked an eye on me for at least a second before noticing a roll of double sided tape behind me and releasing a sigh of relief that blew me down and pushed me back. Her divine whisper spared me from being mushed as she lifted the tape and took it from the shelf, passing it just over my prone body, had I been standing I would have been done. It was the highlight of my life. If I can get up to interaction Priestess, maybe I will see her again.

Charlotte paused the video, looking at the sheer joy on the face of the tiny acolyte as she recounted the story of her encounter. Truth be told she didn't notice the acolyte when she picked that tape up but was amused at the impact it had on her. Idly she glanced at her window, where she had recently used the double sided tape to stick people in fun patterns to break the moonlight. She briefly considered adding this little Jessica to the window, imaging her brief joy and sudden realisation, The power to do that to the hopeful speck was undoubtedly hers. She called to her maid.

"Sarah, Can you see if I own a Speck Acolyte called Jessica in Tributes"

Sarah appeared at the door and bowed quickly before scurrying off to check. A few moments later she returned with a small cage.

"There were no Speck Acolytes call Jessica however there was a Bug Priestess working Tributes with that name"

The cage was set down on the desk in front of the Goddess, and the maid vanished from the room. The Goddess casually knocked the cage over with a finger to get a look at the tiny creature inside. She was dressed in white priestess robe at nearly 2 inches tall, long brown hair and an expression that was a mixture of stunned fright and awe. She just watched the tiny creature taking in the world, As her head turned and saw the screen, a large billboard-sized picture of her face paused in a weird expression, She quickly snapped back to the Goddess and prostrated herself inside the cage.

"I see you finally made it to bug then Speck; Dreams do come true when I own you."

The tiny figure was speechless, unable to move in a pose of worship and the Goddess started to roll her cage around on her desk with her finger. Then she broke it, peeled the bars away instead of opening the door and left Jessica on her back gazing up at her face the size of the goddesses.

"I Enjoyed your perception of me, I have decided I want to know more about how you microbes view me, My question is, Are you the right girl for the job"

She plucked the tiny girl off her desk and moved her over to her dresser, setting her down next to a huge jewellery box and a few containers Jessica knew to contain tributes. Charlotte selected a small tube of 1mm Tributes and poured them out in front of Jessica. The tributes did as they were instructed by the priestesses and immediately fell prone before her, not even registering the Goddess at first.

"You will need a small production crew to conduct interviews with the smallest of my property, Select who you need, Then kill the rest."

Jessica was stunned by her words, and before she was able to get a good look at any of the tributes laid out before her, The inevitable happened, They all started to run in terror from the goddesses promise of death. There were three men and a woman at her feet still, All kneeling, all silent. The Priestess reached down and collected them, Placing them in her Speck Acolyte holders on her belt. Then she turned to the gruesome task her deity had asked of her.

Charlotte just sat and watched as her tiny little Priestess began scurrying around in front of her, stomping and jumping on fleeing tinies. She found the display mildly amusing but knew it could be better.

"I want some variety in your justice Bug, Entertain me with your worship"

Jessica froze as the Goddess began to speak to her, Processing the request she turned to a cornered group of women by the huge box and pointed at them, Using expressive gestures rather than words as she was sure the titan couldn't hear her anyway. Striding over in massive, exaggerated stomps she stopped before the girls and lifted two them up by their heads, One in each hand she began to spin, The result was genuinely horrifying, The Goddess moved a hand to cover her mouth, shocked by the sudden turn.

"You're a Dark Horse Aren't you Jessica!"

As the heads came free of the torsos sending them spinning off across the dresser, Jessica stopped. The Goddess herself had just said her name; She knew her name. Sudden, unbridled pure joy flowed through her as she started brutally rending and tearing through the remaining slaves leaving her new collections on her belt stunned and frozen with a deep-seated terror they were sure would never leave them.

As she watched the tiny murderess go above and beyond to please her, Charlotte wondered if sending this crazy Priestess back into the temple was a good idea, maybe her bloodlust would get the better of her. Taking another container of tributes Charlotte casually emptied the whole tube into her mouth and sucked on them while she thought over what to do. After a minute or so Jessica was done with her tiny rampage and was breathless before her. The Goddess swallowed the 50 or so people in her mouth and called for her maid.

"Take this bug back to Tributes, Demote her back to speck and make sure she never qualifies for bug again"

With that Charlotte stood up and went back to her desk, closing the Video of Jessica as Sarah moved in plucked the tiny girl from the desk, as she did so Jessica shrunk back down to 3mm, her tiny life even more insignificant as Sarah placed her in a small pocket on her chest.

"While your back there can you add a Speck Acolyte by the name of Tabitha to the Bug supervisor role, Apparently she hates Jessica, should keep her in line"

Charlotte resumed looking through her submitted video logs for any more potential fun.