- Text Size +

Charlotte's Origins

Prologue

Charlotte lounged back on her sofa, discarding her dinner plate to the floor as she sighed in contentment. Cassi and Sarah sat around the room idling about with minor admin tasks when Sarah spoke into the silence.

 "Goddess, How did you ascend to the divinity you are now? It's just that in my long service I've never met anyone with even a fraction of your ability."

The lounging woman was watching her pleasure maid Ella chasing the scraps of food around her discarded plate, the tiny girl was passionate when it came to eating the tiny tributes that escaped her goddesses appetite. Turning her head to look at Sarah the Goddess gestured to a closer chair, beckoning her over.

 "It's not that interesting a story, but I guess those who serve me as loyally as you do should hear the story."

Charlotte sat up a little and pulled Ella from her plate, settling her between her jean-clad thighs, just in case. "Once upon a time, a very long time ago…."

Mundanity

Her job was, and her colleagues a pain in her ass, A frustrated and angry Charlotte stormed out of her latest job with every intention of never going back. Why was everyone in her life such a massive waste of oxygen? Something had to change, or she may end up going postal.

Her rage was building as she walked past a group of homeless, These street rats were homeless because they gambled away their existence and everyone knew it, she would have had sympathy for them if she wasn't aware this particular brand of homelessness was self-inflicted, one began to plead her for money, as she raised her hand in a dismissive gesture she felt the $20 note in her pocket slide free and flutter down in front of the man who jumped on it like Christmas. She turned about to strike him and retrieve her money when she saw a blonde beauty standing down the block staring at her with a huge smile on her face, Fine; Charlotte thought, just this once.

She feigned a smile at the homeless man and wished him a good day, turned sharply on her boot heels and paced away trying not to let her inner turmoil show on her face. The blonde who almost glowed with radiance stepped out into her path and addressed her.

"Many Blessings, I'm Affy, I saw what you just did for that poor lost soul, There are a rare few who would spare this particular group even attention let alone all the money they had to their name."

Charlotte was taken aback, Realising she was right, after her rent and bills she really didn't have any money left this month now she had quit her job, How did this hippy speaking girl know that though, was she stalking her. She was gorgeous, maybe having her as a stalker wouldn't be so bad. She watched the girl a moment longer realising she was expecting an answer.

"Names Charlotte, It's been a really long day, and honestly I just want to get home and forget the world.."

Charlotte realised there was a chance here for easy points with the girl and continued with her best faux smile.

"And that poor guy has had it much worse than me; I like to give back whenever can you know.."

Affys face lit up in joy at that, She jumped on the stranger and hugged her. Charlotte, who was used to everyone having an agenda wormed her way out of the embrace and looked into the face of the blonde cautiously. She began speaking quickly, and Charlotte was trying to process the parse the words before any of them sank in.

"I'm Affy, Short for Aphrodite, I have been charged with fixing this world, but it's just really hard, and honestly there is not a lot of love left in the world, I would very much like your help, I can offer you much if you can do this for me, I really want to try and sort out densely populated areas but your home is a key player in the world and really needs to be dragged up into an example"

Charlotte took a few minutes to break down everything she just heard before barking a laugh and walking past the delusional girl and calling over her shoulder.

"I would've believed you worked for a charity, Turns out you've escaped from somewhere."

Then the blonde was in front of her again, glowing with a gold aura, the smile was gone, replaced with a serious expression.

"You don't seem to understand my offer; I am offering you the chance to become a demigod to save your world."

Stepping back Charlotte was awed, The girl was literally glowing and apparently hovering just off the ground. Her mind split three ways, Did she run? Kneel? Play it off as an act? As the ideas raced in mind she found herself cycling back to word "demigod" over and over again; then she fell to her knees before she realised her mind was made up. Affy smiled down at her and placed a hand on her head.

"You have the heart of a Goddess, I Aphrodite, Goddess of Love, Sponsor your ascension to demigod and charge you with the manipulation of Northern America towards a Utopia.


Interlude - Cassi

"NO FUCKING WAY"

Cassi exclaimed, snapping everyone from their imaginations. Charlotte just looked at her and raised an eyebrow also noting Sarah nodding in the corner. Cassi continued, slightly muffled as she had a couple of small men tongue wrestling in her mouth.

"No way did a Goddess of Love give you your godhood, You would sooner smear humanity into a paste for existing near you than guide them to utopia" *Gulp* "Case and point, those two did nothing other than wander past my foot just then, and now they are digesting."

The Goddess laughed at the truth in Cassi's words. She casually moved Ella from outside of her jeans to inside and pushed her around into a comfortable position. Turning back to Cassi she offered her a genuine smile.

"You are right of course, Turns out that Affy was in fact just a very lazy Goddess who wanted to outsource her problems, Her vetting process had literally been just that accident on my part, She was, however, cautious with the amount of power she gave me, It was very minor, Basic size manipulation, emotional influence and some small ability to bestow power on others as followers"

This time it was Sarah's chance to interject. She had just finished promoting a new cleaning 400 strong teams that would focus exclusively on the goddesses jeans. Multitasking was one of her best traits. She looked over her tablet at her Goddess.

"If she didn't give you much power then how come you're our Goddess and not this Affy."

Charlotte couldn't stop herself laughing in remembrance. She reached over to her table and took a small matchbox of 2mm people and began slowly pouring them into her socks,

"Well, If you slaves would stop interrupting me and let me continue the story, I would have explained by now."

The two maids both nodded and looked keenly at the small waterfall of people doomed to be a minor amusement for their divine as she continued her story.


 The Plan

Over the next half year or so Charlotte gave it an honest try. Subtly manipulating elections and policy, building a small team of "Angels" that could help her affect change. It very quickly became very boring. She had discovered the ability to reduce peoples sizes had a profound impact on her sexuality; It was a new level of power play that had her needing new underwear before actually doing anything. The following few months saw the streets of San Diego clear of homeless entirely, and soon prisoners started vanishing as well. There was a growing concern among the media, but the policymakers found it made a lot of space in the budget for other projects and stopped actively looking into it.

 Charlotte was just finishing herself up with a couple of ex-cons when the idea came to her; She would take her results to Affy and request a top up on power. The trunk in her apartment had 12 thousand people meandering around inside, Turns out there were a lot of disenfranchised in and around San Diego. Carefully she expelled power into them, not enough to give them any abilities, just keep them healthy and a bit extra each, Then closing the chest she called Affy's name as she collapsed.

"Charlotte, Charlotte, Are you okay? Please be Okay; You've done a wonderful job. I need you."

 Opening her eyes, she saw the smiling face of her Goddess staring down at her, feeling her power levels restored she stood. She felt a bit stronger than before; Affy had granted her some additional power. She kneeled before the Goddess.

"Thank you, Goddess, I have fixed homelessness in this city and granted the city a means to budget better infrastructure, It drained me heavily through"

 Affy looked over her demigod with concerned eyes; The results were solid. She had seen them first hand; Charlotte was working miracles.

"Maybe humans are unable to store as much as power as I had first thought, Do what you can and call on me before you burn out Okay! I do not want my rising star to pass out and die because she was too focused on helping others."

Charlotte had to keep her head prostrate so that Affy could not see the wicked smile forming on her lips. She schooled her face and looked up.

"I have your permission to move faster with the cleanup?"

Affy nodded enthused and raised her hand for the demigod to kiss before vanishing from sight.

Over the following months, Charlotte had abandoned all of her Angel programs and began sweeping the streets of homeless and emptying the prisons into her own prison. Every few weeks she would expel her power into the thousands then hundreds of thousands and eventually millions of people locked in her prisons. Each time she would nearly collapse, and Affy would come to restore her. It was the 12th such trip when Affy made her mistake, She admitted to Charlotte she would have to return to Olympus soon to recharge herself, She was happy with the progress made but urged her to be careful while she was gone. Charlotte had convinced her that just one more topup would be all she would need before the Goddess vanished. Affy agreed.

Charlotte stood in her room, sensing the 2.5million people in various cases and containers around the room, Her energy linking them to her, Her Energy she wanted back, reaching out for her power she pulled it all into herself, the millions of people all screamed, even at their tiny size the mass of them all made the scream of agony and terror audible. Charlotte felt the rush as all of her "spent" power from the last 18 months flowed into her, awareness expanding and for the first time, she realised how weak Affy had been keeping her all this time, like a small pet.

"Charlotte! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"

As her power settled the dark haired girl spun, Facing her Goddess stepping towards her and gripping her wrist with her hand. She could feel the Blondes power; she could take it, so she did. Affy screamed her mental resistances now insufficient to stop the rapid power drain.

"I have done what I had to; I am done being your slave, Now you will be my little snack goddess."

As the power flowed into her, she reduced the Goddess down in her palm until she stood barely 2 inches tall, cowering in confusion as Charlotte licked her lips, bringing her other hand around to lift the tiny Goddess in front of her face.

"Mmmm tastes like power."

As she said the last word, she pushed the now screaming Goddess into her mouth and sucked on her for a good 5 minutes before swallowing her squirming form.

Conclusions

"That was really sneaky; You tricked her into parting with more power than she had left, allowing you to drain the rest from her directly."

Charlotte smiled nodding at Sarah; She had always been proud of her master plan. She had earned her divinity through cunning and not luck. The few hundred people she had now kissing her feet inside her socks were warming her nethers; she would have to conclude this story soon to spend some quality time with Ella again. Sarah continued.

"The way Aphrodite was sent to sort out earth implies there were others, Other gods?"

This time Cassi jumped in, Feeling she had already guessed the answer, locking eyes with her Goddess for confirmation as she spoke.

"Aphrodite also had a fraction of your power, at least your current power. You must of sought them out and drained them as well?"

The Goddess lay back, nudging Ella around through her jeans, enjoying the attention of the many people currently forced to attend her. Looking up as if thinking back she responded to Cassi.

"Turns out the pantheon of gods that were in charge a strict tier system, demigods, Lesser gods & greater gods. Luckily for me, Aphrodite was a greater God, just a childish one."

She rolled onto her side feeling Ella squirm against her in the warm darkness; she began to rub her feet together, squashing the tiny tributes her socks against her soles. She loved being a Goddess. She really did.

 "They also had a habit of infighting and a rather petty nature, I started devouring the lesser gods and demigods, they were really no match, but my power swelled with each consumption, By the time I got around to Ares, Hermes, Artemis and Apollo it was just too late, No power in that realm could stop me, Athena pledged service to me in exchange for her life, I was tripping though, If the offer had been made today then I may have accepted but back then, They were mine to conquer"

Sarah spoke up, trying not to get distracted by Cassi, who was just idly pulling limbs from people, discarding them and taking another as she listened to her Goddess.

"Athena was a goddess on my homeworld, before you, of course, She was more of a myth than a known being."

Moaning softly Charlotte reached for another matchbox of tiny tributes, lowering it under jeans and waistband she looked over at Sarah with a lustful smile on her face.

"Yea, They had a planet forge, I was getting to that. The only one from their pantheon that gave me any problem was Hera, She had been watching me and took the initiative, She consumed Zeus and added his power to hers before I arrived, Our battle would have been one of legend, the bitch actually hurt me quite badly. I was lucky; I was able to overpower her with raw force in the end when I finally got her power, I made that insect crawl for hours, my boot over her the whole time until I finally snuffed her under my docs."

Charlotte was now lost in her memories, hands working around her own body stimulating Ella into action with her hundreds of additional tools for Ella to put into use. Sarah could see the story was drawing to an end but had one final nagging question.

"The Planet Forge you mentioned, What happened to it."

Her Goddess was sliding her jeans around her ankles when she answered.

"The Planetary Management System, The PMS, I thought it was hilarious at the time, I broke the forge down into its base components, Reformed it into something a bit more modern that made sense to me, The planets became lists and stats, The forge more like a computer system than their literal forge. That was when I knew, That was when I took ownership of the universe."

Cassi and Sarah both left as their Goddess reached for another box people and nonchalantly began pouring them onto her bare stomach, giggling as they piled up. She really was the ultimate force in their universe now, and she had never bestowed power on them directly, now they knew why.