- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a DARK chapter, It was requested.

Idle thoughts of the Divine

The images scrolled across the display, Many different varieties and styles from across her domain. Goddess Charlotte was idly searching for inspiration for a new pair of shoes, skimming through the various fashion trends her more civilised worlds had developed, Finally settling on a nice pair of covered heeled sandals. They looked sturdy and stylish, showing off the toes while concealing most of her foot, finished with some kind of varnished reptile skin pattern. Twirling her fingers around on her desk she conjured her two maids, 6 inches tall they appeared between her fingers, Sarah immediately falling to her knees as formally as ever, Cassi stumbling backwards with her underwear around her ankles. The Goddess never gave them any warning as it was always amusing when she caught her maids in compromising positions.

 "Good Morning Slaves, I trust you're not going to make a mess on my desk Cassi, You know how much I dislike messy servants."

The two small women quickly moved into submissive positions, muttering a string of apologies the Goddess was unable to understand, although she appreciated the sentiment clearly. She gestured to the displayed pair of shoes she had chosen, leaning back in her chair and swinging her bare feet up on to the desk next to her maids.

"I would like you to make me a pair of these Cassi, They look comfortable and stylish, and with a few tweaks, I believe they could also be divine. I want to watch these being lovingly crafted to my scale by one of the worlds destined for punishment, At a scale of roughly five thousand to one. Oh, I would also like that skin design to be tiny mortals, not random animals. I want the population to skin themselves alive for my pleasure. Use this."

To punctuate the final morbid detail, The Goddess conjured into existence a large rack device next to her tiny maids who were looking at each other with worried expressions. The huge rack seems to have straps for as many as twenty people with thin blades surrounding them. Cassi began to walk around it with a dark curiosity while Sarah backed away, looking over towards her Goddess as she did so. She felt she had to say something.


"Goddess, excuse me, but at that scale, you would need to skin millions of people, the process alone would take years, maybe you could just conjure them and wear them now? It would save a lot of life."


Charlotte sat up with a graceful speed that shocked even Sarah as her palm smashed down onto her, pinning her to the desk as she leant in, her lips merely an inch away as she offered a low growl with her reply to the tiny female.

"Don't think to tell me what to do insect, lest you forget your place, I want to watch them be crafted, I want to watch the population herd themselves into my idle fancies, and then I want to enjoy the fruits of their labours, I will provide Cassi with plenty of skinning racks so that she can have production of my chosen leather complete within days and not years"

The Goddess then dragged her palm back to the edge of the desk, scraping her tiny maid under it as it moved, until the girl fell out from under her palm, bounced off her knee and landed with a light thud next to her barefoot. She placed her foot on the girl and pushed up to stand, knowing it would hurt but not kill her maid. She then turned to Cassi and smiled down on her, raising an eyebrow expectantly. The girl snapped to attention.

"I understand Goddess; I will get the materials gathered for your new shoes and inform you once we have the production line in order."

Smiling down on her obedient servant she dismissed her with a wave, sending her down to the world Alvaria, along with enough racks for ten thousand mortals at a time and a stature to match her divine purpose. Stepping off of Sarah she stood with a foot either side of the tiny maid, staring straight down at her.

"If I get Cassi to send whatever is left of the mortals after she takes what she needs, You would be able to make some good burgers or something right?"

The small woman was quickly recovering into a kneeling position as her Divine addressed her, quickly understanding her meaning she began to nod vigorously, This way it would feel like less of a waste of life to Sarah, so she was in full support of this idea.

"Yes my Goddess, I would be able to craft some gourmet mortal burgers for you to enjoy, I apologise for my earlier outburst, I was wrong to question your will."

Satisfied with her slaves' reply, Charlotte gently kicked Sarah out of her room, restoring her size as she did so. Flopping back onto her bed she cast her thoughts towards Alvaria, observing her maids' preparation as she summoned her tiny toy Ella to her hand, ready to enjoy the reactions of the mortals.


Cassi took her time strutting around the tiny cities of Alvaria; The Goddess rarely gave such a size advantage on fresh worlds, She moved slowly around the edges of the cities, her long goddesses robes trailing behind her, turning the soil and creating inescapable ditches and walls in her wake. Cassi moved the small skinning racks into long lines around each city and large towns as she moved across the world.

"Your most regal and righteous Goddess has decreed that your world is to tribute her with fifty-five million mortal skins, so that she may look stylish on her next outing, This is not optional, I am currently placing apparatus that will remove the skins intact from still living mortals, You are expected to provide the population in good order and with most haste. Failure to appease her wishes will result in the end of your world..etc..etc..etc you know the process, Get Skinning!"

Cassi found her voice carried a lot more than it normally would, She felt like a real goddess as she placed the skinning racks along with the next city, Finding her own fires to be stoked as she flaunted her power. Carefully scooping up a couple of dozen fleeing people as she placed her last skinning rack, quickly stowing them away in her panties to amuse her as she worked.

"I can see you have an organised military; I would put them to use on these skinning racks before the Goddess comes for her inspection; she would not be as nice as me."

To stress the point she swept her foot across the small army that had chased her across the continent. Feeling a rush of power as the tiny insects disintegrated under her sandals. Moving back along the line, glaring down at each set of skinning racks, selecting people at random and roughly pushing them into the devices.

"The sooner we get through this, the faster I will be gone. The longer this takes, the more of you will die, So get organised!"

Charlotte had dozed off, watching her maid abuse the tiny world. She found Ella crawling out from under her thigh as she tossed the tiny girl from her bed and stood up. The Goddess selected a long black dress and black flats; She wanted to look elegant and dark for the world she was about to inspect. As she moved towards her stairs, she spotted Sarah in the kitchen, working piles of meat into various shapes.

"Cassi works fast doesn't she, Looks like we will have some new textures in tonight's meal."

Sarah smiled back at her Goddess, bowing as she passed and assuring her it would be a meal worthy of a Goddesses plate. She was busy filtering out the billions of tiny bones from the latest batch of meat, setting them aside for the Goddesses jewellery projects.


As her flats touched the planet surface, she felt the familiar crunching and popping she always enjoyed from stepping into a micro civilisation. Cassi had been organising them at nearly a mile tall, Charlotte came to visit at twice that, wandering through the tiny cities instead of around as Cassi had. She came upon her kneeling maid next to a large group of skinning racks on the outside of the large city she was standing in.

"I see it's going well. How long until you can make my new shoes?"

She carefully listened to anguished screams from down below as she decreed they were nothing but leather to her, The tiny population, hers to use however she desired. As Cassi informed her that she was already 70% of the way to completion Charlotte squat down, parting her dress to avoid splitting it. Gazing over the long lines of mortals being lead up to the morbid devices she had created drew a familiar heat to her nethers, She was power tripping again as watched the writhing mortals strapped into the devices, shortly after their skin torn from them and dragged through cleaning and then hung up on a tanning rack. She grinned at the fields of fresh skins soon to be turned into a pair of stylish sandals.

"This is true power Cassi, Make sure you record this, write bard songs and spread it around my domain, I want everyone to know that they are mine and they live at my mercy."

Turning and standing, The Titanic goddess made a point of stepping on all of the important looking buildings as she moved to leave the world, revelling in the atmosphere of fear and terror the world exhibited. She could feel her fingers itching to conjure Ella again; She was turning into a nymph after recovering from her recent libido loss.

Cassi had been stitching all night, even with her hundreds of priestesses helping it was a serious ordeal handcrafting sandals from fifty million mortal skins. She was about ready to pass out when she had finally finished. Two finely polished, mortal skin sandals, strapped and ready for the Goddesses appraisal. Placing them on the breakfast table, Cassi passed out at the table.


Stretching after a peaceful night sleep the Goddess rose from her bed and strode towards the kitchen to make sure Sarah was preparing breakfast. Entering the room she found Cassi sleeping on the table with a new pair of shoes laying across her arms; The image reminded Charlotte of stories of tiny elves working through the night to fix things. Lifting the new shoes, she inspected them carefully; the craft was exquisite, barely able to make out the individual skins it was like a very fine scale pattern. Excitedly she dropped the new shoes to the floor, strapping them onto her divine feet. They clashed with her dark, broken nail polish on her toes; A pedicure was certainly happening soon. As the Goddess rose in her new shoes, her maid stirred and smiled as she observed the Goddess in her new sandals. Charlotte wandered around the kitchen, feeling out her new footwear. Casually she tipped a small container of tributes out across her floor, then began to slowly snuff the tiny life beneath her, testing all of her normal techniques for dominating the tiny life, then she turned to Cassi.

"I don't like them, Just doesn't feel as powerful as my docs or as classy as my flats, Don't think I have a place for such mundane feeling shoes in my collection, Thanks for trying Cassi."

With her final words, The Goddess unstrapped the Sandals, sauntering back to her closet and tossed them into the shoe corner, never to be worn again. As she moved towards the shower her mind was already thinking about the burgers; maybe something would still come from this experiment.