- Text Size +

Fashion Sense

The city unfolded before him as he stood in the penthouse of his 85th story tower building that served as the imperial palace for the capital city of Talvega. Emperor Frieden the 2nd was the 50th generation ruler of the imperial empire, he was also the first one to have to handle the new Deity their world was recently claimed by. He had recently completed his first ever 'Tribute' to the Titan who had recently visited their world, and he was proud to say they had managed to organize the system with remarkable speed. She had declared that she wanted 0.05% of the population moved into Tribute temples within three days of her visit, At the time it was thought to be a logistical impossibility, but they had managed it with hours to spare. The Emperor paced his throne room waiting for the final deadline to pass, wondering if their new Goddess would reward them for their tributes, or if she would return with further demands, He didn't want to think about that, She was unimaginably huge and  there was nothing they could do if she kept demanding percentages of their population.

Chloe was walking the streets of her newest acquisition, Dressed in casual jeans and T-shirt she stood out a little in the alien world, they all seemed to dress in mono-colours, and people sneered at her like they would a distasteful teen. The treatment irked her more than she thought it would, who were they to judge her, they were her property, a word from her and they would all dress as she did.

Walking past the comparatively mundane fashion stores in the city centre, she had already decided that this planet would have to develop a sense of style to stay in her domain, Maybe when she came to renew her tribute demands, she would insist that no less than five colours be visible in every outfit. While she was daydreaming about the various twists she could work into her fashion demands a young man on some kind of hoverboard shoved into her, he was repulsed back by her divine aura and fell to the ground, glaring up at her he muttered the word 'freak' before getting back on his device and scooting off. The Goddess glared at him as he left. There was no chance she was going to let that stand; she turned to resume walking as the mysterious man faded from the street.
The Goddess noticed a shoe store ahead, This is what she had been looking for, They had no taste in clothes, but she had fallen in love with the shoes they all wore on this world. *Crunch* She felt the tiny rider explode under her sandal as she had brought him back into the world just 3 cm tall in front of her, she stepped on him without even looking down, feeling a smile come over her as she moved into the shoe store.

The store only sold two kinds of shoes. Another mark against them she thought idly as she skimmed the shelves. One of them was an almost identical imitation of Doc Martens from her homeworld, upon closer inspection, the more expensive ones may even be higher quality than her own pair. Mixed feelings rushed through her, joy at finding such awesome shoes, Jealousy that this random world had managed to surpass her homeworld in quality and Hatred that those around here seemed to have no appreciation for what they had. This was a dangerous mix of emotions to have swirling around a divine mind. She grabbed a nice black pair and stalked out of the shop into the street, ignoring the yells of annoyance from the store owner and security guard who followed her out of the store.

Turning on the security guard she slowly let her power surround her, growing steadily to 9ft before the now small man, She casually pushed him to the ground and stamped her sandal-clad foot into his chest, pinning him. She was about to use him as a footstool to change into her new Docs, but as she unlaced the new shoes, a wicked idea crossed her mind. She surged up to 30ft feeling the tiny guard explode under her sandal as she grew. Now able to see over the buildings she stalked around the main street, revelling in the fear she imbued in the fleeing population, The tiny impacts were barely noticed on her form as she turned to see the local law enforcement shooting energy weapons at her. Growing to 60ft she fell to her knees before the line of tiny police, putting her hands inside her new Docs she used them to smash the tiny vehicles and sent the little officers fleeing in terror while she chased them all down like a cat on all fours through the city centre. Watching the final officer vanish under the sole of her new shoe and rolled onto her back in the middle of the street and placed her shoes next to her, reaching out between the buildings she skillfully found some people attempting to hide from her, bringing them to her lips she teased the helpless mortals with her tongue before dropping them into her mouth and swallowing them whole, She mused over the teenage girl still in her grip, More elements were being put together in her mind as she dropped the tiny girl into one of her new Docs and stood, picking them up as she surged in height again.

The Goddess quickly reached 200 ft tall and then she carefully stepped out of the city, Destroying it now was no longer the plan. Reaching 5 miles tall on the edge of the Metropolis she extended her power out around it and raised the whole thing from the surface of the world, Glancing over the country she spied another city of decent size and swirled her will around that one as well, dragging it from the planet surface. She observed as the huge land masses reduced into palm-sized amusements and ascended the staircase home, two cities in hands and a new pair of Docs hanging from her arm.

The maids were kneeling waiting for her to return, She initially walked past them, ignoring them but then turned to them as she entered her rooms, deciding that she no longer needed the leftovers of the world she had come from.

"You girls have fun, That world is fair game, delete it when you're done."

Chloe couldn't hide the smile as she saw the unbridled joy she had just bestowed on her maids as they quickly took her stairs two at a time. She then turned to her own prizes and began to reshape the landmasses to fit her plans better.

The Emperor and his aids were in an emergency council meeting, The deadline had not yet come, but their new Goddess had appeared, rising up out of the city in sadistic joy. They had dispatched their best diplomats, The Emperor himself was preparing to fly out and treat with the Divinity. However it all happened too quickly for them to respond properly, She accelerated into the sky, and the world around them shifted as the air got thinner. From his palace he could see everything, the huge city bordered by her celestial palm, her Smiling face consuming their sky and the strange energy field above them deflecting her huge breaths from devastating them.

The lighting of the world changed and became bright as the Goddess carried them to the heavens, then she spoke. Three small statements, addressed to other gods as she condemned their world to its final hours. The Emperor watched as the Titan stared down at his sprawling city in concentration, the land masses shifted and changed, shaping to be longer and thinner than it was previously without destroying anything, He was impressed by the display of power until the world went dark, in the distance there was a shaft of light, illuminating half of the city.

He turned to his council; Everyone was speechless, terrified. They sat in final vigil over their city as they saw the Titanic foot gracefully descend, blocking out the light shaft as it slowly settled over the city and its 60 million inhabitants. The Emperor's emergency power came on finally, illuminating the tower and the surrounding area, His tower stood between two huge toes, the only sounds to be heard being the crunching and screaming from the citizens of Talvega now reduced to an insole.

Chloe felt the tiny city break under her sensitive sole as she carefully slid her foot into the first shoe, She had judged it right, that really tall building slid between her toes as she put it on. Feeling the power rush through her, she scrunched her toes and giggled at the resulting sensation between her toes. Slowly she put the other shoe on with the other sculpted city inside, feeling a similar power rush, as she stood, distributing her weight between the two cities, feeling the groundwork crack, imagining the millions of people now in each of her shoes, under her soles, between her toes. Then she jumped a little as she felt the tiny girl touch her left toes, She had totally forgotten she left her in their, that would confuse all involved, a huge girl pinned by titanic toes over a micro city, Chloe giggled at the images in her head before wiggling her toes tormenting the tiny girl.

She slowly walked out to her staircase and carefully stepped down on to the surface of Talvega at 500 ft tall, watching her 300ft maids getting very lewd with a local city. She casually decided to walk the planet at her current size, going out of her way to walk through towns and villages to get a feel for her new shoes. The microbes in her shoes were unaware that she had taken them home for one last walk. She knew from experience that she would use her power to clean out the debris and dead from her shoes that evening, Which would leave her shoes home to untold millions who were currently fighting for survival in her shoes as she warmed their air with her feet.

Chloe's mind was back on imposing fashion demands on some of her other worlds, as she strolled through the landscape of a doomed world.