- Text Size +

Tribunal

Finally, After hundreds of years of civil wars, Our world had reached a consensus, The world was Flat. The linchpin in the argument was how the Goddess was able to walk across its surface without needing to balance on the curvature. There was no way she could've moved across the world as she did if it was a sphere. The round-earthers were labelled heretics and open discussion of their beliefs deemed illegal under the law.

Charlotte was watching the news for various planets in her domain, The flat world debates from the planet Klavost had been a constant amusement for her over the years as she now watched the government making final rulings on the topic. She paused the news feed as they revealed the official world maps, Flat discs surrounded by ice barriers, continents spread across the surface split by the oceans. A wicked idea came into her mind as she gazed over the map, If they wanted to be a flat planet, Maybe she could help them with that, She had never tried Tera-Scaping like this before, It could be a challenge.

The Goddess moved into the space around Klavost, Still in her nighty, appraising the large globe. Stretching her will around it, she carefully took control of the weather and gravity, not wanting to break the fragile world. Briefly, she contemplated freezing them in time, but decided she would rather them all be aware of what was going on around them. She began splitting the world through the middle.

 The work week started the same as any others for Dunstan Harvey, Recently elected President of the Klavost republic. There were reports to approve and tribute selections to finalize, Their next tribute to the Goddess was not for another 3 months however he had to attend the World's Council Tribunal in 2 days and genuinely had no idea what he was expected to bring to it, The Idea of actually conversing with the Goddess and other world leaders was a difficult concept to wrap his mind around. There were other worlds, other races; they were not alone, all linked by the Divine who had invited him to attend.

Dunstan was interrupted as his aid burst into his office, making exclamations about the news broadcasts. He flicked to his news feed and slowly began to comprehend what was being reported on. The attractive news presenter was finding it hard to describe.

"Huge Ice walls have appeared on all of the horizons, in the heavens above the world people are claiming to be able to see huge entities moving around, land masses are reportedly shifting, Experts say 'Our world is under attack'"

Dunstan paced into is briefing room, looking around at the various advisors waiting for him, looking glum and disturbed. He changed the screens to the Satellite feeds and saw what he was expecting to see, There staring past the satellite was the titanic face of their divine Goddess, a look of concentration on her face and a small smile.

"Okay, So, We all knew this day might come. Did she send additional tribute orders?"

The room fell into an awkward silence, as they knew something they didn't want to voice. The President slammed his fist down onto the long table and glared down the lines of people. Finally, someone broke and began quietly speaking.

"Based on the Satellite feeds and the shuttle in Orbit, It appears she is...Flattening our world out...We have no idea how, or why we haven't all been swept out into the oblivion of space but.."

The President turned and looked at the flat earth map he had been using to win the Election; It was a popular stance, Total fiction, but a popular opinion, more comfortable to comprehend that reality. Turning back to the assembled experts he took his seat and addressed the room.

"We can assume, that she is punishing us for denying reality, Maybe if we could show her that we indeed do understand the nature of space, she could restore our world, I can pitch it at the Worlds Council, If we cannot find a way to show her before she finishes crafting with our planet"

The small speech kicked the room into conversation, and soon enough, ideas were bouncing around, and everyone seemed hopeful. Kicking back and letting everyone speak Dunstan was left to reflect on the kind of power that must be needed to reforge a whole world, while there was life living on it.

The Goddess was busy tidying up the underside of the world, smoothing the thin layers into a beautiful flat disc. This was a fun little project, so many factors she never thought about. It turns out you can't just flatten a sphere; there is a lot more too it, She had resolved to fill in the significant gaps with additional ocean. This world was going to make a beautiful addition to her Tribunal room for the council meeting. She planned on using it as a rug. A centrepiece to decorate the room and show the world leaders she owned just what she could do.

As the President patrolled around, their attempts at communication had failed, as the huge celestial being prodded and probed at their world with her huge slender fingers, reorganizing mountains and checking ocean depths. He resolved to do something about it at the Tribunal, as he saw the massive goddesses form vanish from all of their satellites. The day of the Tribunal brought even more surprises as Dunstan was organizing his small party to pass through the temple. The stars all shifted away revealing large beige and brown pillars, above the ice wall huge women in robes could be seen walking around, many stopping to gawk down at the world laying out before them. Something terrible was happening to his world, and he had one chance to make it right.

Charlotte rolled over in bed, still tired, peeling the unconscious Ella from her thigh, She had forgotten how the tiny thing had gotten there, This creature had been subject to her abuse for nearly a week now. She was still alive; although Charlotte knew she shouldn't be, this girl was pretty broken mentally by this point. She dropped the tiny girl into her glass on her bedside table that had now become her home. Then she remembered, It was Tribunal day, Stretching out as she sat up in bed she dragged her two maids into her lap the size of small dolls.
"Tribunal day girls, Cassi, I want to do stand next to the Pyraxi King, Since you are from that world, Sarah I want you at my side, This will be the first time I've allowed Maids and Priestesses into the Tribunal room, I want them all to feel just how insignificant they are"

Then she rolled out of bed, leaving her doll-sized maids to tumble among the sheets, as she headed for her bathroom to go through some morning rituals. The Maids quickly scrambled to follow her, sliding down the sides of the large bed and between the feet of the huge Goddess standing before her mirror, As she dropped her underwear she noticed them as they got covered in the large garment. Smiling to herself she kicked them both out of the bathroom, restoring their size as they slid, her huge underwear growing with them.

"You two look funny, Make some robes out of that underwear for the priestesses, no need to clean it first; they will appreciate it more."

With her commands given Charlotte proceeded to get ready for the Tribunal of her worlds, Selecting what she considered, A Traditional Goddess outfit of a fine black one-piece dress. And thin black sandals. She found Ella crying in the glass by her bed and plucked her from the glass, Threading her tiny arms through the fabric of her dress she fixed the tiny girl like a Lapel, admired herself in the mirror and smiled.

The Tribunal room was actually in her basement, or what would be considered a basement should her home be on a normal plane of existence. This time she descended normal stairs into the large well lit stone room. The walls were lined with balconies where tiny figures sat no larger than 5cm tall, 201 balconies, 198 of them with people inside. None of them had access to the floor of the room, the large disc world of Klavost spread out across the centre of the room, surrounded by priestesses, shuffling around performing various tasks Sarah had assigned.

Sarah and Cassi moved down behind her as she took her seat in the huge stone throne at the head of the room, a short distance from the centrepiece. Charlotte waved her hand at Cassi, and the maid vanished, appearing next to the Pyraxi royal family in the balcony. Sarah moved through her priestesses and knelt to the side of the throne, making sure to look small compared to the Goddess who was passing her gaze around to make sure everyone was here before addressing the room.

"Good Morning Insects, I trust you all remembered to bring me offerings, The priestesses will collect them from you during the Tribunal, If you have a dispute to bring before me, Stand on the silver plate on your balcony and I will hear you."

The Goddess began fondling with her lapel, squeezing the tiny girl between her fingers as she waited for the assembled world leaders to give her a reason to snuff them out. In reality that is all this Tribunal was, a show of power, to remind them that she owed them nothing. Sure enough, a woman began to speak; Charlotte studied the primitive leathers the speaker wore and found the sword she had around her waist amusing.

"Goddess, Our world is too divided to offer you the tribute you demand, we request you demand separate tributes from the different factions of our world."

Charlotte strode over to the tiny balcony, Taking her time to slip out of her thin sandals as she stepped into her Klavost rug, her delicate feet slowly descending into a populated part of a huge continent. Letting out a small moan of pleasure as her sole obliterated everything as it pushed its way through the planets thin crust, warming her sole on the mantel. She noticed the small cry of anguish from one of the balconies as she proceeded to move her other foot over what she knew to be the capital city. She smiled, letting her foot hang daintily in the air as she looked over to the tiny figure screaming from the other side of the room.

"I imagine you have something to say to me Speck, Something that will convince me not to lower my toe and snuff your province from existence."

Dunstan was seething with the casual nature that this oversized Witch was massacring his people, terrorizing his whole world like some kind of sick statement. His advisors failed to stop him, mostly because they were sharing in his rage as he surged to the platform and began to yell.

"YOU EVIL MANIPULATIVE SPITEFUL ABOMINATION AGAINST NATURE! HOW DARE YOU MURDER SO MANY INNOCENT LIVES FOR YOUR SICK DEMONSTRATION"

Charlotte for her part failed to maintain a neutral expression. She burst out laughing, her carefully hanging foot slamming down into the world as she laughed, not even intending to do it. Then she stood and with a small smile on her face, stared at the tiny figure as she dragged her beautiful foot slowly across the surface of her new rug, ploughing the terrain into small piles and pushing oceans over land masses, devastation the planet would never survive. She began giggling as she tickled her feet on mountains and other things poking up from the world's surface.

"Go home microbe; your world no longer qualifies to be here."

The tiny figures on the balcony vanished somewhere down onto the world beneath her as she now, uncaring, strode across it to the first girl who addressed her. Looking down at the fear-struck figure, Charlotte squat down to bring the tiny figure eye level with her, The tiny woman spoke.

"We will find a way to unite our world goddess; We will never miss a Tribute, I apologize for the request. It was not my place."

The Titan slowly licked her lips, causing the figures before her to all back up, then fall to their knees. Charlotte rose again, standing over them and moved to sit in the centre of her rug, feeling her underwear get damp as she sat in the thin ocean. Then looking around as she spread her legs out across the flat world she addressed the room again.

"Tributes are going up 5% for all worlds; If there are no other requests, the door is behind you, otherwise speak up."

Gazing around the room she was pleased to see all of the world leaders depart in silence, she lay down on the tiny world, happy with how easy to play with flat worlds were, She would make it a hobby to craft flat worlds. She rolled onto her side and pulled Cassi to her, dropping the doll-sized woman onto the rug, Even her doll maid was a Titan goddess to this doomed world. Staring down at her she was eager for a report from her tiny maid. Cassi knelt into the surface of the small world, obliterating a few towns as her knee impacted the surface.

"The Pyraxi Royals were not surprised. Apparently, they have historical records from your last Tribunal, and it was very similar, They were happy you still had some mercy letting that bold warrior woman survive asking you a question And requested that I be allowed to be an ambassador."

Charlotte rolled onto her back again chewing on a loose strand of her hair as she pondered the request. She took her lapel from he dress and dragged the tiny naked woman across the surface of Klavost covering her in everything the world had to offer and then pushed her into her mouth to suck on for a while. Then she spoke around her chew toy.

"No, You're mine now. If they weren't my favourite destination I would send some priestesses to teach them humility, You and Sarah clean up this mess."

Then the Goddess got back to her feet, feeling warm inside as she observed the chaos and destruction around her. Striding towards the stairs, she restored Cassi's size and giggled to herself as the two maids eagerly approached the pathetic world she had discarded.

She took Ella from her mouth and dropped her into her underwear, As she sat at her desk to see how her various properties had reacted to the events of her Tribunal.