- Text Size +

In with the New

Cassi was sat at her new desk, On the opposite wall to Sarah in the tribute arrival room, feeling the tiny squirms from under her as the punished temple girls squirmed for their lives. Sarah did not approve of Cassi's loose interpretation of the rules, giving her endless excuses to punish various servants. While she was power-tripping, she was also drawing in her portfolio, every cruel or lavish concept beautifully rendered in the folder. Later today she would be presenting her designs to the Goddess.

Charlotte was browsing her universes, looking for a suitable planet to bring into her domain, She was really picky about the kind of worlds she brought in, They needed to have enough life on them to offer a good tribute size, while being low enough technology that she would get many years of tribute from them before she snuffed them. Focusing on worlds that recently learned written communication and recorded trade, this was probably the most primitive she would allow to worship her. A large green orb came onto her Display, a large densely populated world of civilized stone carvers that seem of already mastered iron coring of large statues, Perfect. She summoned her Maids, Sarah and Cassi, both appearing doll sized and squashed into her right hand as she moved them before her face.

"I found a world I want, Sarah, you will prepare a shiny new tribute temple and some priestesses to descend behind me, Cassi, You have a wicked mind, I would like your Bard Concept, This will be the ideal trial run"

Then she pushed the two maids back out of her hand to wherever they were before her summons. A short time later Cassi appeared at her door with a small bag and knelt next to the dressing table; Charlotte just ignored her as she studied her new find for a bit longer. She had decided she was going to go dressed an Ancient Goddess from her origin world, A long white toga with purple trim and golden gladiator sandals — the same style she enforced upon her priestesses.

Greg was a Bard, Stage name is Giant Greg, A title he earned from always being the largest fellow in the room, standing at 6" 5' he was an imposing frame and a great singer. When he was selected for tribute, he was able to woo the priestesses who were organizing them with cupids sonnets melting their giant cold hearts. After that, he was put to work composing poems and songs to the Goddess and touring the living quarters to inspire the tributes. It wasn't long before he was hauled out in front of Maid Cassi. She was a cruel mistress, making him perform all of his repertoires back to back for her repeatedly. She then took his songs and built the temple train singers and continue their work; he was to be used for her one of her projects and would not be returning to the temple.

Cassi waited patiently; head bowed waiting for the Goddess to be ready for her, after nearly an hour she finally came and sat before her, raising her beautiful divine foot before her expectantly. Without hesitation, Cassi took hold of the foot and kissed it on the top before moving it to the footrest. The maid proceeded to pull out a small pouch of robed women, Inserting them between the goddesses toes as separators, Noticing Charlotte's confusion at her use of priestesses instead of Tributes she clarified they were being punished for disobedience, This provoked a small knowing smile from the Goddess.

The maid went to work on the shiny perfect nails, undercoating in white before coating in metallic, reflective gold, soon enough the nails shined with perfectly smooth coats anyone would be jealous of, This was not enough for a Goddess though, not anymore. Cassi began to remove tiny 0.5 and 1 mm tributes from her small pouch and to use a delicate silver painted their hands and feet onto the nail in a circular pattern, The tinies squirming under her finger while she worked. Then the giant toe separator Priestesses slammed their hands down on the tinies to hold them in place while Cassi worked, This was another reason she was using priestesses while she worked the finer details into large nails. There were ten people now delicately painted in an intricate pattern on the Goddess big toe, then five on each other toe and three on the smallest nail. These were now truly toenails of the Goddess, but Cassi was not yet done, Charlotte handpicked her for her skills, and she would not disappoint. Greg was 5mm tall, large by the standards of the other nail tributes but still tiny in the larger picture, Cassi carefully bent him at the waist and painted him in the middle of the nail in a kneeling position as her Priestess held his place while it dried. The tiny bard had been given instructions on when to perform his duty to the Goddess. The Giant maid carefully blew over the nails, eliciting a small giggle from Charlotte as she bent down to inspect the work, grinning widely as she saw the complicated musical pattern around the tiny bard. She commended her new maid.

"That really is something Cassi; I am curious to see how my new world enjoys them, You can return the Priestesses to work and help yourself to the tributes tomorrow, Let's not waste good servants on technicalities now"

With that Charlotte rose, robed herself in an elegant white toga, slipping her feet carefully into her strappy sandals and heading for her stairs to the Mortal Worlds. On her nails Gregg was trying to drown out the cries of the others painted down around him, He had been promised to be freed once his role was complete, these others, however, were doomed to be nail paint until the Goddess scrubbed them off, or more likely, Cassi scrubbed them off.

The Goddess stood, overlooking the tiny primitive..settlement..before her. The problem with these words is that they lacked centralized government or even population centres, There was nothing for it, She would make a decree, When she projected her decree, it was heard by every sentient life form on the planet in whatever language they understood.

"Good Afternoon X34-12-76, I will rename you later do not worry, I am your Goddess, and You are all now under my protection. My priestesses will shortly be supplying you all with Tribute temples, Every Third Full Moon each temple will contain 500 Naked Tributes for me, Failure to provide this tribute will result in your world losing my protection and being subject to my divine wrath. Those of you who are currently able to see me will gather around my feet and supplicate themselves before me"

As her decrees final echoes faded across the world a large part of the sky peeled back revealing Sarah's face looking down from the heavens, Soon after a large stone throne crashed down from the skies demolishing the buildings below and splitting the ground. Then the hole in the sky vanished, and the Titanic Goddess sat on her new throne, looking expectantly at the 5cm tall people around her feet. As if on cue, her tiny bard began to sing, his voice was resonating through Cassi's special silver paint, amplifying his voice and providing some echo, loud enough for Charlotte to even slightly hear from her divine throne.

"Oh Come All Ye Newly Faithful"
"Gather round these toes so Graceful"

"Come and meet your new Queen"
"Her Presence Glorious and Serene"
"Come into her Toes Ravine"
"She is now your Ruler Supreme"

"Oh Come All Ye Newly Faithful"
"Gather round be prayerful"

"Do not fear this fine Beauty"
"In her favour, there is no Cruelty"
"Resign yourself to be Obedient"
"You'll find her gaze to be quite Radiant"

"Oh Come All Ye Newly Faithful"
"Gather around be Grateful"

"On our knees, Goddess Kissed"
"Beneath her gaze until Dismissed"
"In her Mercy, we Exist"

"On our knees, Goddess Kissed"
"Beneath her gaze until Dismissed"
"In her Mercy, we Exist"

The bard kept singing what the final verse as Charlotte mused over the assembled masses now kissing her toes. The last verse had become known as the Goddesses Prayer in her temple; She had no part in its popularity. Having no issue with the subservient verse, she felt no need to stop its spread. Idly she flexed her hand out and summoned Cassi, doll-sized into her grip.

"Observe your work Slave, have pride, You have set high standards for yourself"

Cassi was taken aback with pride as she looked down from the goddesses hand over the massive crowd listening to her musical nails. Then she fell, impacting the crowd of tiny peoples, breaking their bones and crushing them on impact, sending others running in fear.

"This throne will be my temple; You have until sundown to make sure they understand how to use it"

With those parting words Charlotte stood, stepping into the crowd, feeling them squelch under her thin sandals and revelled in pleasure at the little pops, She slowly made her way back to her stairs, feeling the tiny lives perish under her as she went. She ascended back to her room calling for Sarah to come and clean her sandals, hoping she hadn't killed too many nail tributes, she ideally would like them to live down there for a few days.

Sitting at her desk while Sarah scurried around cleaning her feet, trying not to damage the nails as she did so, Charlotte was pondering names for her new world, This was so difficult, then she settled on Cassi, in honour of her Maids wonderful skills, she would never tell Cassi the world was named after her though. She casually chewed some larger tributes as she hummed the chords to the goddesses prayer.