- Text Size +

Factory Life

Kaylee had been a factory supervisor for nearly 20 years, Working her way up from the factory floor into the less back-breaking position. She had high personal standards that she enforced on her workers; her section was one of the highest scoring sections in the whole industry. The U-Group, that was her section, where a highly specialized cleaning organization — dealing in fine fabrics and colour sensitive patterns. Her day began like any other, a video briefing with the factory management team, checking available manpower across the different sections before spreading out the workload. Kaylee pitched her manpower at 75%, in reality, it was closer to 95%, but she had become accustomed to management overloading her team and was trying to keep her workers fit and able to perform at their best.

The woman in white robes, Jasmine her name was, maybe ten years younger than Kaylee had recently taken over as the Director for the factories, Her word was final, but her experience was lacking, and the section supervisors all knew it. Finally the workload was split, and Kaylee landed with about 6 hours hard labour for her team, She had done well to land her section with a short day, Workdays in U-Group lasted until the work was done, There was no employment law here and no overtime, It was up to Kaylee to simply negotiate less work and the workers under her had no idea how hard she pushed for the day today.

Descending her long staircase into the wide open factory she gathered her employees around for the morning pep talk, Most of her team had been with her for many years and didn't need to be told the stakes of the days' labour, although this week there were 3 new starters bringing her team to about 200. U-Group was mostly women; the nature of the work meant the management preferred it to be a majority of women with a few men around for the heavy lifting and dragging. As she stood on her slightly raised platform, she called out over the group, her team leaders taking notes at the front.
"I just had an excellent meeting with upstairs, and today we have three pairs of ones and a set of twos, I am expecting with all of you doing your best we will be out by 18:00 and the evening are yours!"
There was a ripple of excitement rumbling through the room, the last three weeks had all been 10 hour days, and the possibility for this early finish was sincerely welcome news. They all started to disperse, heading back around to their work stations awaiting the first deliveries for the day. Kaylee's wrist began to beep, and she quickly answered the incoming voice summons. The voice on the other end was youthful and accented, recognized immediately as Jasmine.

"Good Morning Kaylee, I am just calling to let you know I will be bringing your workload personally this morning as I wish to do a review on your section, your recent results have been nothing less than amazing as we would like to replicate your results in other sections."

Taken back a bit by the unexpected compliment along with the news of a review, Kaylee offered a startled thanks to her Director and exclaimed that she is most welcome. She then moved quickly to have the main delivery doors unlocked so Jasmine could get in and rallied her team leaders for a quick meeting to make sure everyone would be performing at 110% during the sudden review. The sounds of water consumed the factory floors as giant water pools 80 meters long, and 60 meters across were filled, and large vats of cleaning solutions were being mixed around the edges. The factory had 2 of these large pools, and there was a team of workers at each edge with their own cleaning vats and equipment. Twenty minutes later, silence fell; only the slight sound of idle banter could be heard as everyone waited for their deliveries.

Jasmine received her delivery from her superior on the edge of the factory district, slinging the large pack onto her back she made the short trek to U-Group, seeing the large building she moved around the back to the delivery doors, reading Kaylee's name from above the door. Etching the supervisors' names into the doors made it much easier to remember their names, As Jasmine was now responsible for over 50 J-S-U-Group Factories. Pushing the doors aside she stepped into the room and dropping the backpack with an echoing thud to the ground in front of her.

The giant bag crashed onto the loading dock as the huge woman moved to unpack it, Kaylee quickly ascended to the catwalks across the top of the factory and moved to the same level as Jasmine's eyes. Compared to her Jasmine was about 60 ft tall and the bag she just dropped was large by her scale. The larger woman smiled at Kaylee now in front of her eye line and addressed her in whispered tones.

"Good Morning K, Which do you want where It's been a while since I ran a delivery myself."

Kaylee looked out over her domain and pointed to the rightmost pool.

"If you could lay the twos in there and the first pair of ones in the other, Then put the other pairs of ones on the ceiling clamps so we can use the cranes later."

Jasmine moved quickly to pull out to large pink sheets of fabric as long as she was tall from her pack, they were covered in brown and red patches obscuring an extensive pattern of roses. Laying them side by side in the large pool of water Jasmine watched the water darken and change colours as the tiny workers began to wade out into the pool, dragging hoses and wielding large sponges on sticks like spears. Impressed by the organization she slowly moved back to the bag, sharing her thoughts with Kaylee.

"Your crew doesn't waste any time, and It is a joy to watch, Those socks were used in the last rampage, They are going to be disturbing to work through, Wouldn't surprise me if you found some survivors, they are fresh enough. These are equally as heavily used, Looks like she really had some fun the other night."

As she said it she spread a large pair of black panties out before her stretching her arms wide and moved towards the other pool; the pools were built just about to contain the large sheets of fabrics. As the water flow over the fabric, the water began to shift in colours, small pieces of debris and other things floated out into the pool.

"These are the worst of it; the others are just some of the cleaner backlog from the Maids we are working through"

Jasmine observed as the tiny women began to half swim, half wade between the large sheets, dragging the long pipes from the cleaning vats with them. Soon enough the pumps were engaged, and jets of warm cleaning solution was liberally applied to fabrics. Jasmine moved over to the workflow diagram to understand Kaylee's process and make sure no corners were being cut, although the results implied a perfect job. She squats down over men hauling large barrels of cleaning solution into the factory, smiling as they fled from her descending form to read the tiny wall posters.

"Soak and Scrub the garments, Report any survivors to your supervisor - 2 hours."
"Sponge and Condition Garments, Report any fabric damage to a supervisor - 1 hour."
"Dry with warm air jets while inspecting for missed dirt - 1 hour."
"Repair any fabric damage - as long as needed."
"Press in Macro-Iron and fold with crane - 30 minutes."
"Place on Clean Collection Tray - 5 minutes."

Broken down like this it all seemed very simple; Jasmine looked over her shoulder to tightly organized teams going about their job with exact precision. This was the right choice. These workers and their leader were the teams she needed. Then she felt the small touches by her feet, gazing down she saw a group of 3 men gathered around her sandaled feet, kissing them, without her consent. She rose back to her full height and lifted her foot slightly, letting the men fall forward, then she pushed it back down on top of them, reducing them to splatters across the factory floor.
"Shame your labourers lack the respect your workers show K; You're going to need a few more from the next recruitment, maybe teach them manners."

Then she held her foot out towards one of the cleaning teams to spray the underside of her sandals. Kaylee came along the hanging catwalks towards her superior to apologize and thank her for dealing with the situation. Jasmine resumed speaking when she saw Kaylee was close.

"You run a good crew here K, I'll level with you, I didn't come here in person to just review you, I would like to promote you, all of you."

Kaylee stopped, Her heart racing as understanding settled, she quickly turned and gazed down on her workforce, as she expected they had stopped, She quickly pointed at her team leaders who went to work on her workers, putting them back to work before Jasmine realized they had all stopped. Taking a knee before the face of the Director she waited for her to continue.

"As you may be aware, There was an incident in U-Group last week, Maid Sarah discovered a stain while returning clean underwear to the goddesses dresser, This naturally lead to Maid Sarah flattening the responsible U-Group factories, she used the section director as her rolling pin, no-one survived."

There was a deafening silence in the factory, work had ground to a stop, Everyone knew something had happened in the west section of U-Group, but no-one knew why it had happened until now, many lost friends and loved ones in the event. Kaylee was going to make her gestures to the team leaders but thought better of it; everyone needed a moment to reflect as Jasmine continued.

"As such we are replacing the eight destroyed U-Group factories with 2, Brand new, larger in scale factories, with a dedicated focus on rampage fresh U class garments. I wish for you Kay to be Director of these new factories and 2 of your team leaders to take supervisor roles. The factories will be larger so the workforce will be scaled up to 5cscm (Charlotte Scale Centimeter) up from your current 1cscm. This will allow you to use the new more powerful equipment."

Stunned silence filled the large warehouse; The work sounded more gruesome than they were used to, the implications of being 5x larger than their other factory colleagues though was a serious benefit, they would be top of the food chain by a large margin in their living dorms. Kaylee was overwhelmed, being a Director meant a scale up to 30cscm, She may even get the opportunity to talk with Maid Sarah and would undoubtedly get a chance to at least see the Goddess she served. She rose from her knees and addressed Jasmine.

"I think I speak for all present when I say that we would be happy to serve. We will bring our highest standards and strongest work ethics to the new challenges you offer us."

Jasmine smiled down at her and tapped her head with her finger. Then she turned to the room and spread her arms broad dipping in a small bow of appreciation for their hard work and commitment. Her job was demanding, but workers like these were the ones she needed to make it easier.

"Then finish up today, Tomorrow you will report Maid Sarah's observation desk for Reassignment."

Kaylee watched as the day flew by, Her workforce more productive and diligent than ever as the scrubbed, cleaned dried and repaired the huge undergarments, The goddesses rampage scrubbed out of the giant fabrics taking the majority of the day, the other 2 pairs of panties were clearly Cassie's, Since she had been working for the Goddess the huge Maid was going through them 5 or 6 a day, U-Group had been doubled in size to account for her habits.

As morning broke, Kaylee lead her section of 190 out of the laundry factory district and over the logistics teams towards Maid Sarah's observation desk, They all moved out into one of the magnified holding pens on her desk and waited as the Titan was busy glueing 0.5mm tributes onto a bracelet for reasons they will never know. Ninety minutes passed, Sarah had finished her crafting and was inspecting the finished product as she noticed the crowd waiting for her attention.

"Oh, I didn't see you specks there. Shouldn't you be at work somewhere? Are you on Strike? The Goddess would love that.."

Not risking any misunderstanding Kaylee quickly stepped forward and projected her voice towards the microphone in the corner of the room.

"Laundry Director Jasmine has sent us to you for Reassignment to the New Factories."

Sarah looked confused for a moment before suddenly remembering the stain incident and the agreed upon action. She lifted the cell containing the workforce from the desk and slid it into the reallocation chamber, She shifted them up a notch to 5cscm and the little leader to 30cscm, Sarah loved doing it all together, watching the now naked leader surrounded by her workers in the small box, she smiled down at them and figured she could leave them to get used to each other before she returned them to the laundry team, with that she went back to her Bracelet.

Later that afternoon Goddess Charlotte wandered into the storeroom looking for some matches; She could make fire a multitude of ways; however, something was satisfying about lighting a match. As she passed Sarah's desk, she noticed a small box of 5cm tributes boxed up with 30cm priestess; there was probably a purpose to them, her Maid typically had reasons for these strange mixes, Charlotte, however, was feeling a little peckish.

"Why Hello there my tasty little morsels? It's your lucky day today!"

With those playful words, she plunged her hands into the box, pulling out 30 or so squirming women in her hand, casually tossing them into her mouth as she resumed her search for matches.

Kaylee was awestruck as the Goddess appeared in their skies, Her team was silent as the Divine being actually spoke to them, Then with graceful elegance she scooped up a large group from her workforce and began snacking on them, leaving them all in stunned silence, feeling blessed and a little empty that they were not chosen.

Later that night Sarah returned them to the Laundry District to begin their new lives as superior Underwear cleaners. The elite force of U-Group, they would exclusively clean the Goddesses most distressed pieces. The Goddess they had now all seen, The brief encounter inspired them to excel beyond expectations.