- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A group of Lilliputians find themselves in an unwinnable situation, trapped in the home of a Brobdingnagian woman. They have only one goal now, survive.

TAGS: GTS, CRUSH, VORE, GIGA/MICRO, FEET

Nothing but a big thank you to Hyra, Kosmita, and One Kindly Cut of Meat for their feedback and support in finally getting me to write again.

 

Liam stood with the rest of the survivor scouts, huddled in the shadows,waiting for the moment to come. The faintest of shivers could be felt; she would soon be here. None of them had known her name, but they all feared her as if she were some great deity. To them, she might as well have been. She stood miles above them, thousands of times greater. She was a Brobdingnagian, the largest of the three races by far. The world revolving around them, not the other way around.

 

It was hard for a Lilliputian like Liam to truly keep in mind how powerful she was. Unfortunately for him, every single thing in this place was a reminder. What seemed an impossibly large structure to them was simply a small table that she might lay a drink on. Everything here in Brobdingnag dwarfed them. They could not forget it. Her especially.

 

It had been some time since the low rumbling had started. It was ever growing in intensity. It would not be long now.

 

“There she is!” The lookout cried, warning everyone. Liam looked at her now, as always. She had an otherworldly beauty to her, poisoned by the cruelty he had witnessed first hand. All the rangers there had witnessed it at some point. Every time they saw her was a reminder of just how close they had come to death. A reminder of how they had been forcibly abducted from their homes. Horrible memories that were better left in the past. After all it was best to leave the horrors of the past, in the past. When she was around, there was always the potential for new horrors to be seen.

 

“You sure you are up for this Liam? I understand if you aren't.” Gregory broke the silence. He was Liam’s elder and had survived here far longer. The older man had taken a backseat though, believing that in the long run, it was better for the young to learn the rigors of command quickly.

 

Liam, didn’t reply for a moment, the shaking getting more intense by the second. He turned to his elder, “I'm fine Gregory, what happened last time, it won't happen again.”

 

“Don't blame yourself kid. With that bitch around, even the most perfect plans can all go to hell in an instant.” Liam didn't exactly find that reassuring but he supposed Gregory had meant it to be. Perhaps the older man's heart was in the right place.

 

“She's almost upon us!” The look out cried out once more before running to join the rest of the group. She really was. Without any distractions Liam looked upon her once more. He soaked in the details fully now. This titan of a woman certainly was not modest. The bikini she wore looked extravagant to say the least. Its pattern of bronze squares was striking. It could be argued to be too small for her, but from what Liam had seen, she loved to flaunt her body, even with no one else around. Well, besides all of them of course. He reasoned that a great ego accompanied most Brobdingnagians’ great size.

 

He understood why she would flaunt it. She was a specimen. Her breasts were not overly large but full and swaying with each step she took. He noticed how tight the fabric of the bikini hugged her her thick, powerful thighs. Her legs by themselves were a few miles tall, and they supported yet more of her. He scanned every part of her, he had grown a certain familiarity with her body as it had filled his view on several occasions. Her skin was it's ever enchanting shade of bronze itself, probably a natural shade. She had let her luxurious curls of black hair cascade down, a sea of midnight that had a gentle sway to it in the light breeze of the day. Her dark brown eyes were today covered by a pair of sunglasses. She was carrying something in both hands, Liam saw. In one, a glass of what appeared to be a rich white wine, in her other, a small container filled with something.

 

They all took a knee staying low to the ground and watched as one of her sandal clad feet had touched down right in front of the table. The rush of displaced air was somewhat hard to deal with but they held their ground. Her other foot landed not far away. It was terrifying to be this close. They could barely even see over her sandal at this point. A wall of brown leather shortly followed by the great pillar of bronze stretching into the sky was what had filled their view. Her left foot pivoted on the ball. Ponderously she turned as the rangers looked on in awe. There was rumbling and the sound of thunder as her foot scraped across the ground. Liam was suddenly having second thoughts again.

 

The left foot had found its position and slowly slid itself out of the sandal. Her right foot followed suit. They could hear the materiel of the sandal creaking as the foot prepared to lift off the ground. The scale so massive, they noticed dirt and other debris slowly fall down as the sandal lifted into the air and came down with a thud by the other. Her right foot now slid out until she was completely barefoot. How many lives had those feet snuffed out, either knowingly or unknowingly? Liam could think of at least thirty of them. It won’t happen again, he stressed to himself once more. The last mission ended in disaster, she had been upon them in an instant, those sandal clad feet of hers crushing many who were not able to hide in a crack in the ground. Those lives weighing heavy on Liam’s mind. It won’t happen again.

 

It was hard not to notice the bracelet adorning her ankle. How much was the worth of all that gold? How many people could that much money feed? How many lives could it change? Liam had to wonder and laugh at the absurdity of this existence. He didn't get to wonder long though. Her now bare right foot lifted as she pivoted once more on her left. She took two steps, each with a lower thundering than her previous sandaled ones. She was going to lounge now. They heard the straining of the chair and watched as one foot disappeared up, and then the other.

 

They all breathed easy, and took a moment to compose themselves. The tremors combined with the wind was always disorienting. The event was almost like a natural disaster. The cruel reality was it was just a woman getting herself comfortable. Displays like that were what terrified Liam the most. She was already dangerous enough unaware to their presence.

 

“Ok lads,” Liam caught his breath for a moment, “You saw she had something in her hands. You know that is either food, or potential survivors. Either way, we are going up there and having a look. We are doing it to save lives. If there are survivors, it’s our duty to get them out of there, the same way someone got us.” The men gave a hearty yell in approval. Good men, every single one, ready to forfeit their lives for the chance of saving another. Every one of them just a little bit crazy to even dare and leave the survivor shelter and willingly be close to the giantess.

 

“We’ve been over the plan several times by this point. We all know our job. We may be small, but that just means she can’t see us coming. We have the element of stealth. We won’t be able to save everyone, but we sure as hell are gonna save as many as we possibly can. Everyone move out!” They gave another cheer and ran into different directions, all with their assigned squads. Several of the squads stayed ground level, they would assist any survivors sent down.

 

Liam and Gregory were both in the same unit, they were stacking up near one of the table’s legs now. “Age before beauty?” Liam asked the vet while looking all the way up.

 

“Please…” Gregory scoffed and began the climb. Liam didn’t wait much longer, grabbing a hold on to the minute imperfections in the wood. They were just small enough to grasp, making the climb that much easier. Lilliputians for their size were physical specimens themselves. They were built to run, to climb, to survive. A climb even as high as this might only leave them a little winded, yet it wasn’t without it’s rigor. Liam knew he had to be careful, a drop from higher on up could most certainly spell his end. He made sure the great length of rope tied around him was secure. It would be vital in getting survivors down. Up and up he climbed, resolved despite his worries to complete the mission.

 

….

 

Pitch black, Rachel could not even see the people right next to her. She might not have even believed they were there had they not kept bumping into her with every shake. How many were in this prison? Hundreds? Thousands? It had to be many. Despite the size of the container it was cramped with the amount of lilliputians stuffed in. Most of them kept quiet, probably not wanting to risk punishment for speaking up.

 

Rachel was clutching her knees, the incident leading to this predicament playing in fragmented pieces within her mind. A noticeable change in everyone’s attitude. She was rushing on her walk to work when the alarms hit. The traffic had all suddenly stopped, everyone wanting to see what the problem was. National Guardsmen were quick to respond, it did not go well. The raiders had the element of surprise. She had heard stories of Gulliverian mercs being so bold to attack coastal towns, but she did not believe them. If only she had run away just a bit faster, if only she had hid a bit better. She remembered a wiry framed man, sunken eyes, depraved even (but perhaps that was her fear talking). She supposed he was the leader. His crew wrangled all the captured lilliputians into a great ship. She didn’t look on any of them for long, too afraid they may single her out, she just remembered rows of giant boots lining the path towards their ship. Anyone foolish enough to run was crushed unceremoniously like a roach would be. The voyage was unmemorable besides her sea sickness. It was not long either. Directly off the boat she was pressed into her current location. A container of some kind. She had been waiting to know her fate for what felt like hours upon hours.

 

That fate seemed as if it would finally be revealed. There was one last jerk of the container, one that had kept them in the air for a half second before they all fell to the ground. The difference was immediately apparent, level ground, no more sway or shake. Rachel slowly rose on wobbly legs, feeling around her, hoping to help someone else up. “Anyone need a hand?” A groan was the only response. Rachel assumed they must have all looked ridiculous reaching around in the dark. She clasped someone’s hand and pulled as hard as she could.

 

“Thanks.” The voice sounded like a young man. Barely eighteen if Rachel had to guess. She didn’t answer at first but gave a nod in response. So stupid Rachel, she thought to herself. Before she could actually answer him, a loud mechanical scraping drove all their ears nuts.

 

She could hardly believe it. After so long in the dark, the first piercing ray of light from the slowly opening mechanism was both welcome and cursed. It stung so much, her eyes took an inordinate amount of time to try and adjust back to being in the light. She rubbed and rubbed with shaking hands and was finally starting to see something. Her first sight was the man she had helped up. Clearly not a day over nineteen. He had looked perhaps even more uncertain than she did, but she could not see her own face to compare of course.

 

Most of them had one instinct, walk forward, get out. Rachel moved as soon as there was an opening. Shuffling to the exit on shaky legs, slightly regaining composure with each step. She noticed some refused to move, probably frozen in fear, maybe resolved to make one last choice for themselves.

 

Outside the box was even brighter, once more she had to take a moment to adjust. She found herself in a strange, almost alien world when she did. The ground around her was a smooth brown in all directions, maybe a small hole every now and again. What was not far to the left of the crowd was the strange thing though. Clear glass, a wide base, with a spire. It stood a few thousand feet tall, taller than most skyscrapers. If Rachel was seeing things clearly, she could swear it was a wine glass. There was no doubt when the wind started to rush. A noticeable breeze was sent against them as the shadow enveloped the thousands in the crowd. They had some trouble but a few could make out what the great moving object was. Oh my god, Rachel was speechless. It was a hand. The index finger alone was a few thousand feet itself, and it was connected to a massive palm, that was connected to a great arm which was most likely connected to an impossible being. That index finger was greater than the Gulliverians that had ambushed Rachel’s town.

 

She watched as the hand easily palmed the container that had been her prison. It was picked up effortlessly, lifted high into the air, those witless fools that had decided to stay inside the container were probably regretting their decision now. The box was lifted over the crowd, it was a sight to behold. The air stirred once more as the box sailed past them. It halted over the wine glass. What the fuck? The hand turned the box a little, the still open end now looking out over what was almost a small lake of wine. A sudden shake, rhythmically the hand shook the box up and down. No one said anything, they were deathly silent for what happened next. There had to be a few hundred that had refused to leave the prison, Rachel saw them now, falling through the air, into the lake of wine. She even swore that she could hear terrible screams as they unceremoniously fell but perhaps that was her mind filling in terrible thoughts.

 

Most would not survive the impact with the liquid, their bones breaking as they smashed against the surface. Those who were able to actually survive the dive would have to swim through the wine, careful not to drown and end up like the many dead around them. Rachel wondered how strange a sight it must have been in there, the waters all around them an amber hue, the glass still allowing them to view everything outside. How could the world have looked from all the way up there? The titanous hand began to reach itself around the glass of wine. Those manicured nails could only belong to a woman. Rachel winced as the rings on her fingers scraped against the glass, no doubt reverberating in the bodies of those who still were alive inside of it.

 

Now that the fingers were firmly snaked around the wineglass, it lifted into the air as if it were nothing. This thing, bigger than most skyscrapers offered absolutely no resistance, it was merely plucked high into the sky. Rachel felt she shouldn’t be surprised, after all, the giant’s mere fingers were as big as skyscrapers to her. Rachel imagined that even something as simple as being lifted up had to upset the wine. It had to be even harder for the survivors to keep their head above water now.

 

There was only one place for the wine to go, the titan was going to have her drink. How did I not notice her? Rachel was dumbfounded at the sheer enormity of the woman, they all were. She was like a mountain range far away, stretching miles in both directions. The curves of her body the different peaks. None had ever actually seen a Brobdingnagian. Brobs had not so long ago been boogeymen, a faceless scourge to Rachel and the rest of lilliput. Seeing this one here now in the flesh, the threat was more real than ever. It sunk in how hopeless it was to oppose a being that big.

 

With a pleased expression the titan brought the glass up to her mouth. Full lips went from pursed to placing themselves on the edge. She gently tipped it and a torrent of wine flowed into her maw. Even the strongest of swimmers could not stand a chance with waters raging this much. If they did not drown in the tsunami-like current, they either smashed against the white monoliths that were her teeth or found themselves bludgeoned by her tongue. Dead or alive it didn’t matter, the bodies flowed from the glass, into the mouth and down a ravenous throat. It was a horrifying sight on the ground, Rachel could not imagine how it would be in there. She could hear the woman’s throat as it swallowed down the last of the wine, a squelching that made her sick to her stomach. In what had been the worst five minutes of her life, Rachel had learned the heartless nature of this Brobdingnagian, hundreds of lives ended, swallowed down as a bit of “spice” in her wine.

 

The cup was empty now, the woman holding it was savoring the taste of the wine, her eyes closed, she was enjoying her own personal euphoria. Her arm stretched far to the left of them and placed the glass down with a dull shake. When she was finally finished enjoying, her eyes opened. It was hard to tell on that scale, but Rachel did not think her expression boded well for them all.

 

“They tasted great if you are wondering.” The voice of a god shook them all. The shock of hearing something that loud out of nowhere almost threw Rachel to her knees. She could barely understand what was said, it was almost a sentence of thunderclaps. She did understand though, and wished she hadn’t. This crazy bitch...Who could possibly say such a thing after ending so much life? This woman was deranged, no, worse, a monster. She enjoyed snuffing out all those Lilliputians. Now what about us?

 

“Hmmm,” the Brob removed her sunglasses, they all saw the deep brown of her eyes scanning them thoroughly before continuing. “You’re all just standing there. First time seeing a Brobdingnagian isn’t it?” she gave a giggle, “You must really be in shock huh? How cute.” She leaned back, flaunting off more of herself a moment, letting all the eyes there take as much of her in as they could. “Well, what do you think?” She was beautiful in everything but demeanor, Rachel had to admit. This was so surreal though, whatever it was. It wasn’t exactly a conversation, but there was a being thousands of times bigger talking to them. How did it all come to this, Rachel seriously questioned in her mind.

 

“Well, I suppose you are all owed an explanation about why you are here.” She leaned in, “it’s real simple, I paid for you, and you are all my property now.” The casual tone this information was shared with was the most worrying thing. “You are probably thinking, ‘you can’t own people.’ Well, you are right.” That’s when a devilish smile snaked its way out, “But you guys aren’t people.”

 

It's hard to truly describe how that simple statement broke so many. Rachel was at first furious, cursing the big bitch, but sudden melancholy gripped her. How could the Brobdingnagian see any of them as people? How could any of them possibly argue their place in this world? None of them could shout “we are people!” in defiance back to her. Even if they did there is no way she would hear them. With no way to communicate, none of them had any voice, and with no voice, they had no power. The Brob could say anything and it would be truth now. She's right. We aren't people. Rachel frightened herself with her own thoughts of morbid acceptance.

 

“You must be wondering what's gonna happen to you all, hmm?” She pointed over to the glass, “same thing that happened to those mites. Try and make it a little challenging for me please. If you would be so kind.” She giggled again, this time it was everyone for themselves.

 

To describe it in one word: pandemonium. Everyone trying to run as far and as fast as they could despite how futile it seemed. Rachel kept a steady pace, running, trying to avoid the big crowd. There were screams and curses but most of them were drowned out by the pleased laughter coming from up high. They must have looked like a bunch of ants to her. No we are even smaller than that. Rachel purged such thoughts from her mind though, they would only hinder her. She did begin to question where exactly they were running to though. The goddess answered for her.

 

Once more the wind rushed overhead, they kept running as long as they could before…a crash! She had placed her outstretched palm in front of them, sending the lucky ones all tumbling to the ground. The wind sent a few who had not braced flying over Rachel’s head, they crashed into other onlookers and rolled into a heap. A wall of flesh had appeared before them, the palm of the Brob creating a barrier that was impossible to cross. The size difference between them was unreal, and the brobdingnagian woman would not let them forget for a moment. This palm in front of them alone was twelve hundred feet tall, a living bulwark cutting off their escape. There was never any escape you idiot, she is just toying with us. They had nowhere to go but back.

 

“You didn't get very far huh? Those little legs of yours aren't very good for running are they?” The thunderous teasing of the Brob just added insult to injury. What cruel fate. “I was always told not to play with my food, but it's just so fun.” The earth rumbled a bit as her hand had lifted away from it's resting place. She licked her index finger now, slowly, with emphasis. What the fuck is she doing now?

 

That glistening finger lowered and lowered until it was upon the screaming crowd. Rachel pushed trying to get away from it, shadow beginning to envelop them. She looked up, the fingerprints of the Brob somewhat distorted by the viscous saliva filled her view. The Brob was trying to be gentle, she ever so deftly dipped her finger down now, Rachel looking on in horror as hundreds were lifted into the air, some not stuck well enough falling back down, screaming all the way until landing a broken mess. Her hand sailed once more up to her face, with no fanfare, she licked it once more, undoubtedly ending all those lives.

 

Rachel couldn't look away from the macabre spectacle. She was speechless, standing there, unable to move again. Unsettled by the slight moan of pleasure that had escaped from the giant bitch. Everyone else around her was booking it out, but she couldn't make herself run. She fell to her knees once more, watching the various crowds escapes. Most didn't get far, her fingers were on them once more as Rachel looked on alone. One she had lifted up in the same manner, another she simply crushed with her thumb. Crushed bodies limply falling off as the Brob lifted it up. This is hell, she thought, seeing the remains of what used to be people, crushed unrecognizably on the ground. She had thought the Gulliverians were horrifying. They only served a more terrible master it seemed.

 

Nothing was left now but a few straggling groups of Lillis, Rachel was all but collapsed on the ground. She looked up high again to see the face of the goddess scanning once more. “Almost got away!” She prepared herself for the end, closing her eyes, the crash came but Rachel was still breathing. It was someone else. Somehow she had still survived. She saw now the face of the Brob even closer, noticing the faint shimmer and shake of her Iris as it scanned. A detail only someone as small as a Lilli might see. As small as a Lilli? Not to long ago I didn't even know we were that small. She was going mad, hoping she wouldn't be spotted now. She could swear the eye was looking right at her, but the Brob did not see her. Her size had finally done something advantageous.

 

“Hmmm, I should've ordered more, that was over way too fast.” The goddess was done searching it seemed. The earth rumbled as she laid back in her chair, taking in the sun once more.

 

Rachel was left shivering, laying on the ground, staring up at the sky, too afraid to run Too afraid to move. Too afraid. She might see me.

 

 

Liam finally reached the top, getting over the edge with a helping hand from Gregory. He had heard what was happening during the climb. He didn't expect to find many survivors now. “Climb give you any trouble?” He asked his elder as he casted the rope all the way back down.

 

“Course not,” a short reply like that from Gregory usually meant he was in no mood to talk. Liam decided it was best to keep quiet then

 

They walked with their squad for some time before they spotted a horrid sight. Bodies crushed to the point of being unrecognizable, scores of them, crushed by the Brob herself it seemed. Poor bastards. He did his best not to look back at them again.

 

“Liam look!” Another scout called his attention, pointing at a few survivors. We can at least save a few. The look on all their faces was the same, expressionless, lost. They barely seemed to register that there were other Lilliputians here to help now. They simply shambled onto their feet and followed the scout Liam had escort them.

 

“Ten Gregory, that can't be it.” He looked around. It seemed another squad had found a few more. It won't make up for how many lost. Liam was getting into his own head. He once again pushed such thoughts out. Scanning the environment now again, he noticed something. Was that a single person on the ground? He pointed, letting Gregory know where he was headed.

 

When he reached them he saw it was a woman, her eyes open, she was breathing heavy, still alive, just staring blankly at the sky. Her short black hair matted and dishevelled. If she had noticed him yet she was not saying anything. “Hey,” he kelt down next to her, shaking her a little. “Hey, get up, I'm here to help you ma'am.” She turned her head to look at him, panic clear in her eyes.

 

“Get down!” She tried to pull him down with her but Liam wasn't budging. “What are you doing? She’ll see you!” He understood her fear but he had to reassure her.

 

“Listen, she won't see us. She’s laying down. You don’t need to worry. You do need to come with me. There are other survivors like you I’ll…” the earth rumbled once more, the woman whimpered, scared of what was going to happen. Liam held onto her trying to remain calm himself. The Brob was repositioning herself to lay on her stomach. She was just letting her back get tanned as well. When she had finally turned over Liam had noticed just how hard this woman was clutching his arm.

 

“You can get me out of here?” desperation clear in her voice. He nodded in answer. Standing up, he offered her a hand.

 

“There's a survivor shelter, I'll lead the way, but you gotta use those two legs of yours to get out. Ok?” A worried stare was her only answer. “I know it's terrible, listen, you got to survive. You wanna go home? Well there’s  a chance to get back home if we make it out of here.” That seemed to stir something in her. It was a lie obviously, or at least a partial truth. There is a slim chance at least. She took his hand and rose to her feet. “I'm Liam by the way.”

 

“I'm…Rachel.”

 

“Well follow me Rachel, the others are probably almost all the way down now.”

 

 

The trip down was always much faster than the trip up. The rope made sure of it. They slid down, the thousands and thousands of feet until they were on firm ground again. On the ground, Liam had found that this Rachel was not willing to leave his side. She's still in shock, remember that.

 

They got the numbers tallied. 53 survivors, unsure how many exactly were killed. Most people questioned would rather not discuss it. He couldn't blame them. Gregory placed a hand on his shoulder, the older man could read the disappointment on Liam’s face.

 

He exhaled heavy, “let's get back to the shelter already.” It would be a bit of walk through open area but they would be safely out of sight past that. They had time as well, with the Brob sun tanning, they could get out of danger on it. “Everyone in your assigned groups! It'll make us harder to spot.”

 

They made their way out, Liam's group one of the last to leave. Gregory right beside him, Rachel not far behind. How long is this gonna be a thing?

 

“You did good Liam, don't think anything less.” Gregory was the one to cut the silence now. Liam was not in the mood to talk this time though.

 

The tiles pool side made for a mostly flat and rocky surface. Liam would rather not be out in the open, but it was the only way to the shelter. The shelter being located not in the house proper but a far corner outside the Brobs home. They were making good time though. Only one more tile would need to be crossed at this point. Almost there. Liam would be relieved to take a rest after today.

 

“Liam, on the horizon!” A look out shouted, startling everyone. There was something coming their way, but what was it? Straining to see, a black square shape could be made out. It was moving quickly as well. Is that?

 

“Everyone stay calm! And stay low!” A Jeep. Gulliverian sized. He didn't know that the Brob had entertained Gulliverian guests. Just who is this lady? It was a question that would have to wait. Everyone went down on the ground, the survivors obviously worried. Liam was uneasy as well, this was something he had not seen happening. The Jeep pulled up not far to the front left of them. Stay calm, stay calm. He looked back at Rachel, putting up his hand, motioning for her to stay still.

 

The engine of the great vehicle stopped. A Gulliverian man stepped out of the driver's seat. Even these fuckers are big. The man was probably a little over five-hundred feet himself, nothing compared to a Brob but a very real threat to a Lilli. He was dressed in a pair of black pants and a white polo, some logo was on the breast of the shirt but it couldn't be made out. Liam had to wonder who he was to her.

 

He hadn't noticed the radio in the Gulli’s hand until he held it up to speak. “Ms. Amador?” His voice was all around them. How in the hell was it so loud? There were speakers placed in different positions, no doubt so the Brobs and Gullis could actually communicate. “Very sorry to wake you but your visitors are here.”

 

His voice stirred the goddess from her relaxation. They could hear her start to rise, even as far away as they were now. She raised to her full height of over five miles tall. Always a sight to behold, for horrifying reasons. His eyes drifted to Gregory who had a worried look on his face, then to Rachel who looked almost deathly pale with fear. Stay calm, stay calm. Liam tried to keep his resolve.

 

The Brobdingnagian took two steps forward, two earth shattering steps. She was that much closer to them now. Rachel doing all but screaming in pure terror, was trying her hardest not to look back. “What visitors would that be Kenneth?” Her voice was almost as loud as the amplified Gulli's. That voice sent a chill down Liam’s spine. He stared up as high as he could, taking in her body stretched for miles above him. Hard to imagine someone so beautiful, glistening in the sun like this could strike such fear in Liam, but she did. He wasn't the only one either.

 

Gregory prodded at him to get his attention, something was happening with the other groups farther ahead. The scouts ahead were doing everything but beating down a few of the survivors, trying to get them to stay still. One survivor slipped away, then another, then it seemed like every man was for himself. Fucking idiots, fucking idiots. “Gregory, what do we do?” The older man didn't get to answer.

 

“Your visitors from the…” Most Gulliverians had sharp eyesight as Liam had learned from his original captors. This one noticed the dozens of Lillis high tailing away out of the corner of his eye. He looked over a little dumbstruck. No. To Liam’s surprise the Gulli went back to what he was saying. “...from the...uh, the Tai Corporation ma'am.”

 

“Why did you pause Kenneth dear? Something draw your attention away from me?” Shit. The pause was long enough for her to notice.

 

“I...it's...nothing to worry about ma'am, I'm just uh…” He tried to stammer out a thought.

 

“Kenneth dear, you are terrible at keeping secrets, which is good. I do so hate secrets. Now what did you see you little idiot?” She had obviously reached the limit of her short temper. The ire clear in her thunderous voice.

 

“There's Lilliputian escapees ma'am.”

 

The Brob laughed at that. “Really? Who knew the little mites could get so far.” She giggled to herself. She  gained a serious tone. “Do you really think your job is worth keeping that from me my sweet Kenneth?” She clicked at him. “That's one warning for you.”

 

“I'm sorry ma'am.” This entire time the other group was running as fast as they could but they were not getting far.

 

“Make it up to me, be a dear and show me where they are.” Liam watched as he walked slowly over to the group and pointed his arm at them.

 

“Right here by me, ma'am.”

 

The ground started to rumble as the feet of the Brobdingnagian started to stir with power. She was going to make quick work of these escapees. “Stay down and brace!” Liam screamed at everyone around him, a few of the survivors in his party did not listen. They tried to run themselves. Rachel and Liam's hands had found each other and were clasping tight, out of pure fear. The right foot of the Titan impacted not far from where Liam's group was, the gust of wind displaced thrashing them on the ground. Those who had got up to run were sent flying off into the distance screaming.

 

Liam opened his eyes, the toes behind him were a range of tan hills, each with their own intricate pattern of prints. He had never been this close to her. He felt the smallest he ever had at this point. How long would it take just to run the width of one of her toes? Best not to think about it. Gregory, Rachel, and the rest of his group seemed unscathed, just shaken. He only got half a moment to regain composure when her left foot had come down a great distance to the side of them. We are okay for now, but those poor bastards over there.

 

Liam didn't want to watch but he couldn't look away. The right foot of the Brob behind them lifted up ponderously, flying through the air like a mountain ripped from the earth itself. Almost a mile from end to end, Liam had a while to stare up at it. The sole prints just as intricate on the bottom, an odd natural beauty to them. He was forced to bunker down again though, as small pieces of dirt began to rain down on them, debris that she would never notice underneath her feet. The light from above returned as her heel finally passed overhead. Just one step was all it would take. The foot lowered down slowly once more over the Lillis, both scouts and survivors. She didn't even have to exert any energy on them a soft step would wipe them all out just the same. A few last screams, some arms futily thrown up to the sky and then nothing was left to see but her heel.

 

The dull thud of her barefoot was the death knell for the dozens of Lilliputians caught under it. The wind once more blowing past Liam as he watched. Rachel had closed her eyes not wanting to look. The Brob had not even ground her foot. She just casually murdered them all with a step. Her other foot went to join the one ahead of them. Go on now, just get out of here.

 

“Was that so bad Kenneth?” The Gulli didn't answer, just staring at the gargantuan foot close to him. “Lump in your throat again Kenneth? I'm talking to you!” She bowled him over with her big toe. He dusted himself off, obviously hurting a little, before picking up the radio and answering.

 

“No ma'am, not so bad.” He said breathing heavily.

 

“It's cute how worked up you get over the mites Kenneth, but don't let it happen again. You aren't so much bigger than them yourself.” I almost feel sorry for the guy.

 

“Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am.” He was good at agreeing with her. Liam supposed he would have to be.

 

The Brob took a step forward, her foot landing directly on the Gulliverian’s jeep. “Oops.” The metal vehicle crushed just as easily as anything else under her great weight. She looked at the bottom of her foot and brushed the flattened scrap metal from her sole. It came crashing down on the ground not far from the Gulli. “Don't leave your toys in my way next time Kenneth dear.”

 

“Yes ma'am.”

 

“You'll have to walk back to your quarters. I'll be seeing the guests now.” She walked a ways down before turning back around. “Kenneth sweety. You aren't mad at me are you?” She seemed to enjoy rubbing her power over people in.

 

“Of course not ma'am, I could never be. I should not have been so foolish.” How many times had this song and dance occurred? Was the Gulli brainwashed or just scared?

 

“Good answer, Kenneth. Makes me not regret hiring you. Just don’t let it happen again sweety, I do so hate punishing you.” She left finally, thundering off until she was out of sight. The Gulliverian dropped down and punched the ground just as Liam and his groups were getting up. He looked absolutely defeated. The group moved in a different direction now, hoping to circle past the Gulli. By chance he noticed them all.

 

He stood up. Even as small as he was compared to her, he towered over them all. Liam had a feeling he would not harm them though. It didn't stop the Lilliputians from worrying. The Gulliverian simply said, “I'm sorry.” He turned around and made his way back to the house. He's just as trapped here as we are.

 

They were home free now, a clear shot back to the shelter. There would be a lot to think about, many lives to mourn, and much needed rest waiting for them. Even with the losses, those that survived lasted yet another day in a world with the odds stacked impossibly against them. That was all any of them could truly ask for. To survive.