- Text Size +

When the sun rose on Olympia City, there were many people that had a lot of questions that they didn’t know were answerable. The events that had occurred the previous day seemed as though they had only been a dream or something, but as time went on, more and more people began to share similar experiences of the unnatural incident that had affected them all. Slowly, but surely, the citizens began to recount their memories towards friends and family, coworkers, and online, with more and more people confirming what had happened, but no one was any closer to explaining what had happened. The most notable fact that what had happened had happened was a new house that appeared on the outskirts of the city near the hills by the school. What was unique about this house was its immense and gargantuan size and how it just appeared out of nowhere that previous evening. Whatever answers they had about what they remembered would likely be housed there. At an emergency meeting by the city council and law enforcement the decision was made to investigate the house and try to find out what the residents inside, if there were any, knew. They would begin to survey it immediately.

Inside the house, one almost wouldn’t be able to tell it was anything out of the ordinary. There were bedrooms, bathrooms with toilets and showers, closets, hallways, a living room, dining room, kitchen, etc. Each room was cozy, homey, and modern, nothing out of the ordinary.

Except that everything was absolutely huge!

This new way of living had startled Alex Goldfield when he moved into the new home with his sister, Gloria. He had been used to the normal sizes of his home that he rented before his sister decided to visit him and stay in town. Her first visit was far from ordinary, though, as she had shown that she was some kind of powerful deity or something of the like and had proceeded to go on a rampage through the city. She had been at a size that left the tallest buildings smaller than her ankles and before that had been a size where she squashed the mountains outside of the city with one foot. “Proper introduction size for someone as glorious as me”, she had told him later, trying to justify her actions. However, after she found Alex and took him to her house she had reduced her size so that she was much smaller. Even if around 100 feet tall wasn't exactly “small” by Alex’s standards.

That first evening they had spent together was strange. Gloria had no trouble enjoying the new home, but Alex was immediately at a disadvantage. He knew it was going to be a challenge when Gloria had put him on the kitchen counter and promptly forgot he was there after she grabbed a snack and walked away, her steps shaking him as they rattled the floor. He spent the next 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do before she came back, looking slightly annoyed that he was still there. After a little bickering between them about who was at fault, Gloria eventually (and begrudgingly) relented and helped him off the counter.

“You have a phone you know” she pointed out, “you could have called me or sent me a text.”

“I don't have your number” Alex countered.

“I texted you at school.”

“There wasn't a number!”

Gloria rolled her eyes, “Because I was playing around with you. Check your phone again.”

Alex glared at her before grabbing his phone and looking at his contacts. It took him a little while because of Gloria’s walking knocking him around, but he finally seemed to find it.

“How did you get added to my contacts already?” he asked, puzzled as to how she found a way into his phone.

Gloria laughed, Alex bouncing around on her palm.

“I'm ten times larger than you and able to change my size so that mountains only come up to my toes, can hear you from over several miles away, and can create a house out of nothing, and you're wondering about something like that?” She smiled as she entered the living room and plopped down on the couch, sized up to accommodate her size.

“You can get my attention a lot easier than you're making it seem. You don't even need to use your phone; just yell and I'll hear you. I'll make sure to keep an eye and ear out just for you, baby bro.”

She sounded genuine and Alex felt slightly bad for arguing with her.

“Sorry for fighting with you” he apologized.

Gloria rolled her eyes and smiled again bringing a free finger down and carefully patting him on the head, her one appendage larger than his body.

“As you should be. Now, what kind of entertainment do you have around here?” She said, kicking her feet up on the coffee table. For the next couple hours, the two watched television and talked about the simple things in Alex’s life. But when Alex tried to ask Gloria about her life, she sidestepped the questions, leaving Alex puzzled to her behavior. Eventually, the long day began to take its toll on Alex as he yawned and stretched.

“Falling asleep on me, huh? I come visit you and you nod off this early? I'll need to change that” she noted before picking Alex up and standing. “Hmm, didn't exactly give you a bedroom when I came up with the initial design...gonna have to fix that. Until I do, you'll have to share my room, how's that?”

She awaited a response and when she didn't get one, she looked down in her palm and saw her little brother sleeping soundly in her hand.

“Out like a light” she sighed. She turned the TV off and started heading upstairs when she heard something. It was faint, but it sounded mechanical, like a truck approaching the house. Her grin faded as she heard more ruckus coming towards the house. It sounded as though they had visitors and they didn't seem pleased with the new neighbors.

“First things first” Gloria said, “take care of this one. Then see what those insects think they're doing.” Walking gently so as not to awaken Alex, Gloria eventually made it to her bedroom and placed Alex in her bed, making sure he was tucked in, before leaving the room and walking back downstairs.

 

“Captain Jones, we are in position” an officer said to the radio on his shoulder, “what's next?”

“Just hold for now, we don't know what we're up against. Continue to observe from you position and inform me of anything that happens” a middle aged woman responded. She was surrounded by several technicians typing away on computers as she watched the squads through a computer. She was a shorter woman, only around five and a half feet with grey peppered throughout her black hair and a face that had seen plenty of action. She took a drag of her cigarette and exhaled a cloud of smoke. “Whatever attacked us in likely in that home and it's our job to figure out what it is. It is obviously not something natural, so all units be on your guard for anything, and I mean anything.”

The squad of law enforcement that had been sent to the mysterious house had waited for the cover of night before they began their reconnaissance mission. The sudden appearance of the giant house was believed to hold the secrets as to what had happened to the city only a couple hours prior and the city need answers.

“There is some pretty noticeable seismic activity coming from around this area, ma’am” a technician said to the commanding officer. “It's pretty frequent, too. How should they proceed?”

“Carefully, obviously” she said sternly.

Suddenly, the quaking began to increase in power and frequency. The units near the entrance to the door struggling to maintain their balance.

“Hold tight,” Captain Jones ordered, “were about to have company!”

Just then, the door of the home swung open quickly, a blinding light greeting the police forces as they shielded their eyes. When they were able to see again, they suddenly realized that they were not prepared for what they gazed upon. Standing in the doorway, towering above them, was a blonde haired giantess with little more than a torn shirt holding in an ample bosom and a set of skimpy jean shorts and sipping on a hot drink, her eyes closed. She sighed and leaned against the door frame and took another sip of her drink. There was a palpable tension among the law enforcement as they were unsure of how to handle the situation. They were caught in the open on the walkway to the step leading to the house and they were now illuminated from the lights from inside the home. There was nowhere to hide from the giantess. However, she didn’t seem to see them as she continued to sip on her drink. Finally, she hummed and stood up straight before taking a step forward. As her foot landed, it caused a small tremor that shook the ground beneath the squad before she took another, walking closer towards them, humming sweetly.

“ALL UNITS, ENGAGE!” The leader screamed in panic.

“NO!” Captain Jones yelled into her radio, but it was too late. Gunshots rang out through the air as the frightened enforcement opened fire upon Gloria. Their bullets did nothing to her as she continued to slowly stroll towards them, each step shaking them. Finally, she stood upon them as they slowly realized their attack did nothing except leave them with no chance to escape.

“Hmm, still doesn't do anything. That's almost a pity” Gloria jeered. “You know, I gave you a chance to escape. I even stood there and didn't do anything. And yet, here you all still are. You also aren't the sneakiest bunch of insects, I heard you coming from a mile away, quite literally” she continued.

She then slowly began to open her eyes and gazed down at the attackers at her feet. That seemed to kick the survival instinct into them as they began to retreat to their vehicles at the end of the walkway. Gloria watched with interest as the small humans at her feet tried to run away before she smiled and decided to show them the errors of their ways. She began to walk behind them, taking casual strides that sent trembles through the ground. Within only three steps she was right behind the fleeing squad as her steps now would hesitate as she would bring it over them, pause, wait for them to get out from under it, and then slam it down before repeating the cycle. It was quite entertaining to see them try and outrun her in a large group and allow her this little fun. Why they didn’t split up and go in different directions to escape her, she could never understand.

“I could easily squish you all right here, you know. I don’t have to play around with you like this” she giggled, continuing her “chase” as they got closer to their SUVs. “All I could simply do is just bring my foot down without pause and ‘splat,’ crushed bones and blood everywhere. I have to say that when that happens” she smiled devilishly, “it can feel reeeeally good after such a long day, like this.”

“But, I’ve had a pretty sweet evening here and I’m in a pretty good mood, so I don’t feel like making things any worse for you” she sighed, before stopping. She raised a finger towards the black SUVs and in a blink, a blue beam shot from her fingertip and pierced the sides of them. Suddenly, they erupted in a blinding explosion and left the fleeing squad with no means of escape.

“So here’s the deal,” Gloria proposed, turning her hand upwards as the blue orb appeared again. The squad felt as though gravity was leaving them as they started to float towards the giantess helplessly.

“You all will not come back here unless you have a death wish. You are all powerless, weak creatures that I can either kill quick and painless, long and tortuous, and every level in between” she glowered. She brought her other hand around them and enclosed them in her palms before slowly beginning to swirl them around. After a few moments, she lifted her hand to reveal a wadded up ball of fleshy mass as the enforcers had been fused into a single shape. “And the next time you want to try and kill a goddess like me, here’s a little advice from your enemy herself...” she said as she brought her finger close to them.

“Don’t”

With a quick flick of her finger, the ball of humanity shot towards the city. Gloria grinned at her handy work as she extinguished the flames of the wrecked cars before yawning and walking back to the house and closing the door.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Don't anger Gloria or it likely will not end well for you.