- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 08 – Different faces of Terror

 

One day earlier.
Late in the afternoon, the sun was still shining brightly on the Island. The sounds of moving tires making contact on a crude dirt road through the forest as the yellow rental jeep moved forward deeper into the forest. Inside the vehicle, two women were arguing about the directions they should take.

 

“You got us lost again, didn’t you, Roberta.”, Lisa said with a taunting tone.

 

“O shut up, I’m following the directions that Hans guy gave us.

I can’t help it that there’s no Wi-Fi, 4G or phone connection or any connection at all on this primitive Island”, Roberta said.

 

Roberta drove further up the road until she spotted a clearing and slowed down the vehicle. There was a tent standing there and Lisa heard some groaning noises coming out of it. A couple was making out in the tent until they heard the sound of a vehicle stopping near their place.

 

“Let’s ask for directions”, Lisa said.

“Are you sure, they are probably busy with..... important stuff, he, he.”, Roberta said.

 

The sounds stopped and minute later a man was coming out of his tent. It was a big man with dark brown hair who was wearing only blue short trousers. He seemed to be in his mid-twenties.

 

“Honey, we appeared to have visitors”, The big man said.

 A few seconds later an orange-blond woman came out of the tent.

 

“You are sure you don’t want to stay here. You are more than welcome”, a fairly muscled 6-foot 3 man with black hair who appeared to be in his mid-twenties.

 

“No thanks, it is so crowded here and we want some private alone time”, Roberta said a little annoyed.

Come, Lisa, let’s get in the car and go somewhere else.

 

Well, if you change your mind, you can always set your tent up here or sleep in our caravan. We have enough room for you two as my girlfriend and I will sleep in our tent.

 

“Thanks for the offer and the beer”, Lisa said.

The two women hopped into their jeep and raced at high speed further down the sand road.

 

“You didn’t have to be rude to Paul, they seemed like friendly people”, Lisa said.

Oh is it Paul now.....

Oh, shut up, you,

I don’t mind, I know you see guys too. Just remember I’m the only woman for you.

 

They finally reached their destination. A beautiful place indeed.

“Hans wasn’t exaggerating, this place is really like a fairy tale”, Lisa said.

 

“It is beautiful, but I wonder what kind of other miracles there are on this Island”, Roberta said.

 

They checked around to absorb the beautiful scenery. A small 40 feet high cliff covered in green lushes’ bush and small narrow streams of water falling down from it into a small creek.

 

Lisa than spotted some unopened cans of beer and a lost slipper on the rocky ground.

 

“Someone was very thoughtful to leave us these cans, you want one Roberta”, Lisa said.

 

“Maybe later, you know what let’s check out these possible other maybe even more beautiful sceneries”, Roberta said.

 

“That seems like fun, ok let’s get to the car and go”, Lisa said.

 

The pair decided to drive further up the road and leave the place Hans insisted they should camp at behind them.

 

They came near a somewhat open field with a fence on the road that said keep out. There was another sign with a yellow background depicting some black characters. It looked like a man and a female on the left side and on the right side the form of a predatory dinosaur and next to it a girl with pigtails who was larger portrayed than the T-Rex.

 

Roberta got out of the car and walked up to the sign to take a closer look at it.

 

“What a weird sign and probably somebody’s idea of a joke”, Roberta said.

 

“Lisa can you get the tools out the back and help me with unlocking this fence”, Roberta said

 

Roberta didn’t care much for the warnings written on the sign. Lisa complied at Roberta’s request and got their bolt cutters from the car and cut the chains around it and opened the fence gate.

 

They walked back to the car.

 

“Well it seems you’re going to get us in trouble again”, Lisa said to Roberta

 

“And you love me so very much for it and as a reward, I promise you we’ll get a good night present”, Roberta said.

 

“Something to look forward too, let’s have some trespassing fun”, Lisa said.

 

The car started and it wheels slowly crossed the keep-out border. The Sun was slowly setting down, as the adventurous friends drove deeper and deeper into the prohibited territory.

 

Back at the campsite,

Darkness fell. The campfire was burning near a lit-up tent.

 

Inside, Paul was on top to his girlfriend just at the end of their intercourse as Paul climaxed. The satisfied Paul than decided to leave the tent and take a leak. He hiked into the forest to get some distance.

His girlfriend Stacy still in the tent, lying on her belly, waiting for Paul to come back and make some love again.

Then there were those light tremors again. Suddenly she felt some sort of weird stick tickling her legs and feet.

 

“Back already Paul”, Stacy said.

 

The nude blond woman was enjoying the tickling of her feet and legs. She knew Paul liked playing with her feet, often giving her massages there.

 

“Tee hee, she really likes what I’m doing to her”, I loud girl like echoing voice said.

 

The woman was a little startled and turned around. She only saw the stick that with the soft broomlike top lying there that was touching her a moment ago.

 

She thought it was Paul’s work but it seemed they had guests once again.

 

“A couple of pranksters eh.....Hey darling, you can come into the tent if you want and your friend with the megaphone too.”, Stacy said as she turned back lying on her belly again

 

“Wow, that is awfully kind of you. Hihi, I want to take you up on that offer, but I don’t think we would fit in your tent, lady”, the still loud voice said.

 

“O come on, there’s enough space in here, we can have a lot of fun, please don’t leave me hanging here”, The horny blond woman said.

 

“Ok, don’t say I didn’t warn you”, the young loud voice said.

 

Stacy watched in confusion as something came into her tent. It was some weird cylinder oval shape figure almost her size with a smiley face painted on it at the top. Stacy noticed it was the somewhat the same color as her skin.

 

To Stacy, it looked like someone in a costume at first, but then it looked more like a plastic prop.

 

This plastic prop seemed beautifully made to her, but something was off. It moved so fluid and gracefully.

 

Then three more of these shapes came into the tent, but these were without faces painted on them. They were moving towards her.

 

Stacy kept watching in surprise, it took her some time to register what she saw and when she did, disbelief and silence followed she started to scream.

 

It were multiple fingers and she saw that they were attached to something. It was a giant hand.

 

She tried to move away from the slowly approaching monstrous hand before it could grab her. Because of the little space she had, two of the massive digits easily locked her lower right leg in a vice grip. The naked woman was dragged out of the tent and was lifted up in the air and spun around making her dizzy. She first saw how far above the ground she was hanging from an upside-down position. Stacy tried to pull herself up to see what was holding her up and saw a giant face and a pair of eyes watching her and really began to scream again.

 

Her husband who heard the screams, came running back to the tent.  When he was there, nothing seemed out of the ordinary and he ran into the tent. His wife wasn’t there and he really started to worry.

 

He looked around frantically but there was no trace left of his wife.

 

He was shouting, calling his wife’s name a couple of times. Then something came at him from behind with great speed and got lifted up violently from the ground, he let out a loud scream of fear that echoed through the forest and was abruptly cut off as the sounds Paul made were replaced with permanent silence………..

 

Further down the road

Roberta and Lisa had finally found the perfect spot set up their tent near a clearing at a small lake that was only surrounded by tall grass. The tent they set up was much bigger than that of the couple they just met an hour ago.

 

The pair got inside the tent and did some lovemaking after that Roberta decided to go outside and take a smoke.

She was lighting it up as she walked up to the river to enjoy the scenery.

Then suddenly she heard something moving to the tall grass. Roberta quickly turned her head at the grass where she thought she heard the sound but saw nothing.

 

“Must have been the wind”, Roberta said in a soft voice to herself.

 

She then relaxed again and smoked her cigarette further until she got the urges to pee. Roberta than walked to a spot near the tall grass to do her business in a little more private place.

 

Now she heard something moving through the grass again, louder and she was sure she didn’t imagine it and quickly turned around and saw even the low branches of the tree move.

 

Suddenly Lisa heard a loud scream coming from Roberta which woke her up from her relaxing demeanor.

 

Lisa ran outside as quickly as she could to check out the situation which made her friend scream in agony.

Before she could register what was going on Lisa saw her friend ran towards her with great speed. In a split-second, Lisa saw something behind her that was impossible in her eyes. As Roberta ran past her, she said, “Run! you idiot”. This was the cue to start running.

 

Lisa looked back once more when she was running behind Roberta and her disbelief what she saw a moment ago was now being confirmed as the huge creature now fully emerged from the tall grass. It was a dinosaur and to be more specific a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

 

The enormous prehistoric beast followed them and was starting to catch up with the two running females.

 

Luck would have it that they spotted a cave nearby, they were almost there. Roberta looked back for an instant and started to run faster. They saw some weird rubbery foam in front of the cave. It was above 8 feet width with a height of 7 inches. On one side they saw some plastic looking arches starting from the side and having a total height of around 12 inches. The fleeing women were so full of adrenaline that they didn’t trip on it and stepped quickly on the rubbery plateau and in mere seconds they saw there were two of these things next to each other. Their brains quickly formed a conclusion from every detail their eyes registered of these strange things. For a microsecond, they both were surprised at the outcome of what their minds came up with, giant slippers?

 

They could feel the breath of that green-skinned monster making contact with their bodies as they just entered the cave.

 

The Tyrannosaurus growled as he tried to force his whole body into the cave. He only managed to get his neck and head inside.

The two women scared out of their senses as the jaws of this monster with its dagger sized teeth came closer. Finally, its movement towards them stopped. They realized the beast couldn’t enter further and they were safe for now.

 

Then they felt an even louder tremor than the T-Rex made and heart a young girl’s voice echoing the words. “Snappy, where are you.”, said a girl that sounded like a girl in her mid-teens.

“There are people outside, we should warn them”, Lisa said.

 

Before Roberta could answer, the T-Rex made an unnatural looking move backward. Now their visibility to the outside of cave was back again. The giant slippers now seemed to be filled with something massive light-colored that filled up the space of these outrageously large things.

 

“Lisa please tell me that you see the same weird stuff I’m seeing now”, Roberta said.

 

“What that overgrown lizard isn’t weird enough for you”, Lisa said hyperventilating.

 

“You know what I mean, look at those gigantic slippers. I can see red painted toenails……. There are two whole gigantic feet occupying them and they are moving a little”, Roberta said scared, bewildered and annoyed at the same time.

 

“This is your fault, always pushing stuff, always looking for trouble”, Lisa said.

 

“O yeah, who made fun of that warning sign. Guess it wasn’t a prank”, Roberta said.

 

The two women went quiet again and were against the wall giving the spectacle outside, the part they could see from there, their full attention.

 

Then they saw part a gigantic face block their view and look straight at them.

“Hi there, tiny people I hope Snappy didn’t hurt you I have put him away in his carrier so he can’t hurt you anymore.

 

A huge eye was looking at them and then a smile came on the girl’s face and even her teeth were visible.

 

“Oh my, her teeth are even bigger than those of that dinosaur.”, Roberta said.

 

“This insane, I want to wake up now”, Lisa said.

 

The giant girl outside started to move her face away from the view of the trapped women it was quickly replaced with something more menacing, a hand that went into the cave moving towards them.

 

The women were frightened, but that was replaced with a resolve to defend themselves to the end. They quickly looked around for stuff to defend themselves.

 

The wiggling fingers were almost near them and to their surprise, it didn’t move further. It appeared this was maximum reach inside she could achieve with her arm and gave a small bit of relief.

 

But they were still stuck and it didn’t seem they could escape this seemingly hopeless situation.

 

End of Chapter 08

 

Please review.