- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

The Mysterious Island

 

Chapter 01 – Land of the Giants

 

Somewhere near an Island in the middle of the Great Pacific 11:00 local time on a little cloudy day, a yacht boat called the Sea King, was cruising towards the shore far away from the only village and resort on the Island. It was a Princess type yacht with a blue colored hull, with a white cabin color and belonged to a young couple from Miami whose names were Bruce and Genie.

 

Bruce was 26 years and 6 feet 2, dark brown hair, brown color eyes, pale-skinned. Genie 24 at 5 feet 8, long blond a little curly hair and grayish-blue eyes with a light tan. Genie wore a pink bikini top and very short jeans and Bruce a black shirt and black shorts. Both were in excellent shape for this adventurous trip to this very remote tropical paradise.

 

A local from the village told them about this wonderful spot of unspoiled nature and insisted that they visited that place around late in the morning or early afternoon.

 

They decided to dock near a deserted beach and went via a small motorboat to the same beach near a cliff that hung nearly a 100 feet high above it. They pulled out their vacation stuff and started lying on the beach and enjoyed their surroundings. The smell of seawater and the exotic plants behind them made it extra enjoyable. 

 

The sun was starting to shine through the clouds, Genie felt the rush to go to the waterfall in the forest and kept harassing Bruce to come. Bruce didn’t want to go, but suddenly Genie started to run off through the tall green grass and then into the forest.

 

Bruce ran after her, the two laughing and enjoying themselves as they ran deeper and deeper into the forest until Genie reached the waterfall. At which time she put down her bag and waited for Bruce to come join her.

 

She was enjoying the view and amazed by the beauty of the place. Then she heard some rumblings in the distance. Those tremors were getting louder and then stopped. Genie found it strange and thought about what those tremors could be, but before she thought further,

 

Bruce yelled in the distance “Genie, where are you?”.

Genie: “Hurry up, Bruce I’m already near the waterfall”.

 

She tried to focus on hearing or feeling those tremors, but the sounds and the mild shaking of the ground were gone.

 

Genie started to take a soda drink and some beer for Bruce out of her bag and then turned around. Bruce still wasn’t there and she got impatient and called him again to quickly join her at this picturesque place.

 

“Bruce where are you, come on out of hiding!”, Genie said.

 

She didn’t get an answer and started to find the game Bruce was playing not funny anymore and said more annoyed. “Bruce this isn’t funny anymore, come on out!”.

 

There was still no response, that made Genie somewhat worried and she started to get a little scared. Now, she was shouting his name and began to sob.

 

Preoccupied with the disturbing feeling that her boyfriend didn’t answer her now desperate calls, she didn’t notice the tremors and that something was sneaking up on her. 

She finally heard some breathing behind her accompanied by a warm wind.

“Ok Bruce, this is the last straw!”, she said annoyed.

 

She was about to turn around to scold Bruce for playing such a lame prank on her, but when she did, it took her time to register what she saw. She saw a large figure, with enormous feet, legs and she had to look up and finally saw a smiling gigantic head of a young girl. Her eyes went wide with total disbelief.

 

The young 46 feet 6-year-old girl was sitting in a squatting position just like Genie, she was amused by, in her eyes, a small doll figure.

 

Genie’s blue eyes got bigger, her facial expressions of disbelief than turning into a face of total panic and fear. She let out a blood-curdling scream. A gigantic hand hurled toward her with great speed and snapped her right off the ground.

 

The speed at which Genie went upward almost made her pass out and her upper body was leaning upon a giant thumb in a closed fist. She looked down and saw her taking off to an even greater height. The child was standing up. When her elevation stopped she saw that she was at least 40 feet off the ground.

 

Genie suddenly felt movement and was shaking up and down a little as the giant girl moved in circles and lifted her above her head. The little girl was pretending that her dolly was flying, it made Genie totally dizzy. It was as if she was in an extreme carnival ride. Genie screamed at the top of her lungs when the girl reached full velocity in her spinning around. It almost made the smaller woman pass out.

 

To her relief, the girl suddenly slowed down and stopped eventually and looked straight in some direction.

 

When Genie came a little to her senses she felt more tremors and they were getting louder, steady booming sounds and then the sound of trees being snapped. She managed to free her arms during this because the girl lessened her tight grip. She could rest them on the girl’s thumb and index finger. She was barely conscious.

 

The girl yelled in a happy voice, “Mommy!” just a few seconds before she was visible to Genie.

Genie’s heart went racing and she trembled again. Before her, stood now an even bigger giant almost twice the size of the giant that was holding her. An enormous woman of around 70 feet tall, with middle long blond hair, blue eyes, wearing glasses and what appeared to be lab clothing.

 

She focused then on the giantess breast pocket and saw that Bruce’s head was sticking out, his eyes closed and some blood on his forehead.

 

“O my God, Bruce, Bruce!!! Noooo,  what have you done to my Bruce”, Genie panicked

 

Genie was now sobbing again about the whole situation. She didn’t know how serious Bruce’s injury was and if he would be ok. This had to be a bad dream and she pinched herself multiple times, but she couldn’t wake up from this nightmare.

 

Her adrenaline level hit maximum heights, she looked around her in just sheer panic, looking at the giants with pleading eyes.

 

The little girl’s giant face turned into confusion when she saw some behavior of her dolly that was alien to her.

 

When Genie turned her head to look at the girl’s mother, she saw her calm face get sad and moving toward Genie and the smaller giant, lifting her hand in the direction of Genie with some sort of canister in it and sprayed the little woman with some sort of pink gas. She coughed and suddenly began to feel more tired because of it and her state of panic and adrenaline dropped.

 

The little girl gave the semi-unconscious woman reluctantly to the bigger giant. She deposited Genie in the much bigger right hand of her mother. The hand was closing putting Genie in a tight grip, pulling it back to her and depositing her in her left hand so she could have a better look at her.

 

The giant fingers of her right hand were now prodding and playing with the tiny figure in her hand. Genie noticed that the fingers were at least half her size and the thumbnail was as big as her head.  The gigantic hand had a sterile medicinal scent one would smell in a doctor’s office.

 

She felt totally dwarfed by it, powerless and insignificant, but was too tired to really care at that moment.

When the examination was over, she was lifted very slowly and gently in the direction of the giantess breast pocket where the still unconscious body of Bruce leaned against the fabric of his captor.

 

Genie was actually somewhat satisfied with that prospect of being with Bruce again, even if it was in this scary, bizarre and uncertain situation.

 

When deposited in the breast pocket next to Bruce, she embraced him and felt that he was breathing and had a pulse. Genie was relieved and then noticed the giants started to move. Too tired, probably due to the pink gas, to find out where the giants went and try to remember the way back to the beach, her eyes closed, her unconscious body now leaning onto her lover’s body.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please reveiw the chapters. The more reviews, the more encouragement and inspiration a writer gets.