- Text Size +

Chapter 06 – Orientation Part Two


Sheriff Roy Mesner was taking his rounds in his police car through the streets of Ismaning Village. A 36-year-old man with black hair, blue eyes was inspecting the streets of the peaceful village.


The streets were quiet as usual in this old town. He went past the supermarket and the old folks’ home and everything seemed normal as usual. Zero crime. Everything was so predictable, sometimes boring, but he did his job with pride and enjoyed his life in this town.


“Well our rounds are done for today, we better join the big festivities going on in the town square.”, Mesner said to his new partner sitting next to him.


His partner was Mark Steiner. A young police officer in his early twenties, black hair, height 5.11 was full of excitement as he looked forward to the celebrations that would take place in the town square.


“Hopefully there will be more excitement there, this was pretty boring. I bet nothing special happens in this town”, Mark said.


“Don’t get me wrong. I love the quaint looking town with houses in historic German architecture style, women here look fine and the pay is very good, but nothing beats the excitement of New York City.”, Mark said a little arrogant.


Roy looked somewhat annoyed by that statement, but then let out a subtle smile.

“Well Steiner, I think we can find something very exciting for you to do here after the festivities”, Roy said with a satisfied smile.


They were now passing the only building that had more than 3 floors in Ismaning. It was the 6-story tall building, with a large much lower warehouse-like structure next to it. It was Genetics Tech main office and laboratory in the area. A huge conglomerate that owned more well-known companies like Dairy+ and Wonder Manure.


When Mark was offered this job, his main duty was to protect this building and all its employees in it. He wasn’t told much about the work and projects that were being conducted there, only that it was cutting edge medical science and for 5000 dollars per month he didn’t really care.


“Interesting stuff going on in there I’ll bet, alas that is way beyond my pay grade and beyond top secret”, Roy said calmly.


“Tomorrow is my first workday there. Part-time in that building and part-time be your deputy in this exciting town”, Mark said.


They drove further until they were almost at the main road, Mark saw that they were nearing the church tower and concluded they were close to their destination. They made one final turn and were on the main road.


Mark found it strange that the road was so wide in comparison to the others as it was 160 feet / 48 meters width. On all sides of the main road were some sort of red lights that were turned off.


They finally reached the center square area were the festivities already started. The car slowed down until it stopped and the 2 men came out to join in with the crowd. What do we celebrate here by the way?


A new intern is sworn in today.


What, all this for an intern. That must be some intern for this grandiose extravaganza.


“That is indeed the case, Mr. Steiner”, A womanly voice said behind him.

He turned around to see who it was but was surprised to look at a crotch. He slowly looked up and saw a woman’s face looking down on him. It startled him as this woman was huge.


She was wearing a police uniform but a different one.

“Hi Samantha, you’re just in time for the ceremony”, Sheriff Mesner said.


Alarm sounds went off and all the lights on the road turned red. Mark had seen this kind of road design and system before. It was made the withstand very heavy vehicles which a normal concrete road couldn’t carry.


The large gate opened slowly, but there were no parade wagons or big vehicles coming out of the gate but women.


Thud, Thud, Thud, Thud, Thud, THUD, THUD!! The ground was shaking as 2 pairs of giant legs came through the door.


“Well Wendy, welcome to Ismaning village, impressive isn’t it?”, Helga said.


“Wooow! What a beautiful miniature village”, Wendy said.


Wendy absorbed everything around her, there were people, little people, walking on the sidewalks. She saw that the enormous hall the village was in had a dome-like structure. The ceiling was colored light blue and with smart artificial lighting


“Cool effects, what kind of illusion is this”, Mark said trying to convince himself as if they were holograms or some other advanced visual trick.


But his mind quickly let go of these possibilities as the Giants were closing the distance between him and them at a deceptively fast pace.


The giants than suddenly stopped walking, holding a distance of 24 feet between themselves and the people that were most in front like the sheriff, Mark and Samantha.


“Is this exciting enough, I hope you aren’t bored”, Sherriff Mesner said in a clearly sarcastic tone.


Samantha squatted down so her head was at the same level as of the clearly intimidated deputy and whispered in his ear, “Don’t be afraid, I will protect you if they try anything funny”.


Mark almost forgot that another intimidating figure was standing behind him he met just moments ago and still couldn’t get believe a 10-foot woman existed.


The people around him didn’t seem afraid are stunned in the least by those 2 behemoths standing in front of them. They started to even cheer with excitement.


Mark turned around and looked up again at the longest biggest legs and arms he has ever seen and then their faces that were barely visible from that distance. He saw a blond that looked like she was in her late twenties and a younger redhaired woman that seemed to be between 17 and 22 according to his estimates.


“That red-haired one on the right must be the new intern.”, he thought out loud.


“HIII THERE PEOPLE OF ISMANING, it has been a while since I last visited you. I want to introduce to you our newest resident of the Hive facility, Ms. Wendy de Vries. Please give her a warm welcome”, An overjoyed Helga said with a loud echoing voice.


Wendy didn’t really paid attention to what Helga was saying. She just looked down with big staring eyes, transfixed at the tiny village and the small people who looked like very sophisticated life-like dolls.

Everything looked so detailed. It was more beautiful than the most detailed miniature model villages she encountered in museums back in her home country.


She saw some fireworks starting and 2 big banners rolling out with ‘Welkom Wendy’ and the other with ‘Wilkommen Wendy’ on it. The first in her native Dutch language and the other in German.


“This is so neat, wow, just wow”, Wendy blurted out.


“You want to pick up one of them Wendy. You are allowed to do that if you like”, Helga said.


“Can I?”, Wendy said surprised and excited at the same time.


“Yes, let me ask if there is a volunteer who wants to be picked up by you”, Helga said.


“Hi there, can someone volunteer to give our intern an idea what’s it like to hold one of you in her hands?”, Helga asked.


No one volunteered and it became quiet until Sheriff Mesner said, “I think my new deputy here who is used to the extremely exciting life in New York doesn’t mind to volunteer to help this nice young lady”, Mesner said to Helga.


“What the…. Why me, I’m just new here and…..”, Mark said who was caught off mid-sentence by the Sheriff.


“Come on, Mark. You were boasting the whole time about being a cop in New York and how easy and boring it is in this town. You aren’t afraid of a 20-year-old college sophomore girl, are you?”, Mesner said with a little taunting tone.


“It seems they found a volunteer Wendy, so go ahead and pick him up just like you did with the dolls a few moments ago”, Helga said.


Wendy squatted down as she saw 2 police officers, escorting another police officer who was a little reluctant to move forward.


The two police officers then moved back, leaving Mark in closer proximity to a giantess than he has ever been before.


He looked up again, even in her squatted position this young girl was so intimidating. She was just so gigantic to him that she almost filled up his whole vision, blocking the view of almost everything in front of him.


Wendy’s right hand was moving towards him and he tried the keep up a brave face in front of the crowd behind him.


“That was cruel of you Roy putting the new guy in that position”, Samantha said as her curious eyes couldn’t leave the spectacle that was unfolding before her.


“He needed to get some perspective of his standing here and besides we all went through this stuff by being picked up at some point.”, Roy said.


Mark felt a little pressure on his body as Wendy's fist closed around and then felt his body being lifted off the ground.


Wendy lifted the man slowly and gently up the height of her face. To her this action was slow and cautious enough and the thought that she lifted a man 60 feet of the ground in 3 seconds wasn’t there. Mark was used to fast elevators in the many skyscrapers he visited in New York making this fast elevation experience the only familiar thing to him in this situation.


Wendy was studying the small deputy in her hand, just like the dolls she held just a few moments ago only this one moved and she felt a tiny heartbeat, he weighed almost nothing to her.  It was an experience like no other.


Wendy turned her fist around and kept looking at the small man in her hand. Mark didn’t like it anymore and was scared.


Wendy noticed it and decided to put Mark in the palm of her left hand so he could rest there and calmed down from this first time experience.

The surface of the gigantic female hand felt like a comfortable hard mattress to Mark and it smelt very nice.


The cuteness factor for Wendy was off the charts and she kept looking at him with her piercing blue eyes. He looked so vulnerable in her eyes.


“He is new here, I think it’s his first day here and the first time he encountered enormous giants like us”, Helga said to Wendy.


“Oh, he is. Someone should have told me, no wonder he was so scared. I’m so sorry, Mister….”, Wendy said.

“.. Steiner…. Mark Steiner Ms.”, Mark said as respectful as he possibly could.


Wendy index and middle finger came towards him and Mark pulled his arms before his face. The two fingers went just over his head and he felt them gently rubbing his hair.


It gave him a surprisingly good feeling and he calmed down more until he felt relaxed.


“There you go. My name is Wendy, Wendy de Vries nice to meet you. This is also my first time picking up a small.. I mean normal sized human man. Sorry, I still have to get used to the fact that my surroundings here aren’t small, but that it is me who is gigantic.”, Wendy said.


The red-haired giantess retracted her fingers from his head. The fingers curled up into a fist and then extended her pinky finger towards Mark and he shook it with his right hand.


It felt a little rubbery on one side and very hard on the other side to Mark as he noticed that the big hard surface was the giant girl’s fingernail.


Wendy smiled at the small hand trying to get a good grip on her smallest finger, it was about half Mark’s height.


Helga looked with great interest and delight at this interaction between Wendy and Mark as for both this must be an experience they would never forget, that goes for Mark even more.


She then looked down at the townspeople, who were looking anxious at what was taking place not focusing on the celebrations.


“Wendy, I think the little guy had enough excitement for today, can you gently put him down near his friends”, Helga asked.


“Oh, of course. Sorry I took so long, this is really special, I just space out a little just by looking at him.”, Wendy said waking up from her light trance.


She slowly put her open hand with him down and gave him time to let him safely get off her hand.


“There you go, sweety”, Wendy said.


Mark quickly tried to get off, but in his haste, he fell down. Not very hard, but it was humiliating and some others in the crowd laughed at his expense.


Wendy noticed this and quickly picked him up with her thumb and index finger, putting him on his feet and looking sternly at the crowd.


“There you go, you have nothing to be ashamed off, you did great and it was very nice to meet you, officer Steiner”, Wendy said.


Mark looked back up at Wendy and then Helga and made a little courtesy bow and went walking to Roy and Samantha as the crowd got off the road to make way for the two giantesses.


Wendy enjoyed the festivities she saw around her. She saw children of a school made an impressive light show display in honor of Wendy. The town looked beautiful and she wished at that time she could be small for a moment and walk through it.


In the crowd she noticed a woman, that was much larger in size than the rest, still much smaller than Helga and herself, but twice the size as the little man she just held in her hands earlier.


“Helga, that big woman over there, that one in a police uniform that is different from the other police officers, is she enhanced to like us?”, Wendy asked.


“She went through the Brobdingnag treatment many years ago, but she didn’t grow very fast, but she is still growing. I estimate her at 10 to 12 feet tall. Her name is Samantha Parker”, Helga said.


“Was she disappointed about the slow growth, not growing quickly enough to the 10 to 12 times the height you predicted for me or at least half that size. I mean if she chose this procedure, she must have hoped to become as big as…..well… as big as you”, Wendy said.


“Very perceptive, she wanted to grow much larger in size than she is now, but she is happy now that she is at least 10 feet and still growing. Among the tinies, she is huge. Larger than the biggest strong men in the world”, Helga said.


“We are busy developing new techniques to make the growth go faster and are maybe on the verge of some breakthroughs in that department.”, Helga said hopefully.


“You can talk to her later if you want, my dear. She has to leave now to pick up her daughter from school”, Helga said.


Wendy just kept watching everything unfold. She saw the bigger woman leaving the party with The sheriff and deputy of Ismaning who was still shaken up about this whole ordeal.


“I hope he will be ok, maybe I handled him to rough”, Wendy said sounding a little concerned.


They were walking up to a much bigger police car than the others. It seemed to be twice as wide, as the other police cars and it also looked a little different.


“He will be fine, he just has to get used to being around giants from now on. Roy and Samantha will take good care of our new little friend.”


Down at the car, Mark seemed to get nervous by seeing the police car.


“I know it is a little bigger than the cars you are used to, but it will be a safe ride for you”, Samantha said in a calm tone. She saw he was still not recovered from his experience.


“Come on, just step in the back of the car it won’t eat you up”, Roy said joking a little.


“Cannit Roy, give the guy a break, he just is new here, you hazed him enough.”, Samantha said.


Mark could just open the door. It was much heavier than any car door he opened. He climbed onto the back seat and saw to his surprise that next to the huge seatbelts, there were smaller ones for just his size to strap himself.


Mark looked in front at Roy and Samantha as they were fastening their seatbelts. He looked at Samantha and just around him.


It was customized for Samantha’s dimensions.

Roy didn’t seem to mind the bigger dimensions of the inside of the car, but Mark did. It made him feel like a small child and when he saw a kids seat next to him, a seat to his horror he would actually fit in, it made the feeling even stronger.


“Are you strapped in back there, Mark”, Samantha said.


“Yes, I am mam. Where are we going if I may ask”, Mark said respectfully.


“We are going to my home village of Twin Peaks, you will be my honored guest Mark”, Samantha said.


The car started and accelerate slowly to a faster pace. Mark looked back from the back window to look at those amazing giant women. Rubbing his eyes, checking if he didn’t imagine seeing 2 building-sized women. They were still there, in fact they were starting to move towards them.


“You don’t mind if we escort those lovely ladies to the door do you Steiner”, Roy said.


“No… off course not”, Mark said.


Mark felt light bumps, every time Wendy and Helga put one of their feet down on the road. He was impressed by how much distance they covered by just a few casual steps.


Thud, Thud, Thud, Thud.


“They seem to be gaining on us fast”, Mark said a little worried as those big feet came closing in on the car.


“Don’t worry, Helga knows what’s she is doing even if it has been a while since she visited this town.”, Samantha said.


“I’m surprised the tremors aren’t more violent”, Mark said.


“That is because of the special way this road was built, it was made for the purpose of absorbing the stompings of these new super humans, reducing tremors significantly.


Mark kept looking back at the incredible spectacle of these moving tree trunk sized legs while their car moved towards the giant door. When they arrived they made a hard left. Mark turned his head again in the direction of the front window and saw the road’s lining transitioning from a 4 lane to a 2 lane road. The road was just as wide, only now Samantha’s car fitted within one lane.


They approached a huge tunnel within what seemed an artificial rock cliff and then passed a sign with ‘You are leaving Ismaning’. The tunnel ride took a few minutes and when they came out he saw a totally different place and looked somewhat like a typical American village with forests and mountains in the background.


“Well newbie, welcome to Twin Peaks. This place is very different from Ismaning as you will see very soon”, Roy said.


“I think nothing can surprise me any more of what I witnessed today. I mean those were really giant people?”, Mark said.


“Yes, let’s address the elephant in the room. Sam and I don’t know that many details of these experiments and procedures. The scientist here seem to have found ways to grow humans to gigantic proportions”, Roy said.


“And now the elephant that is me and yes I underwent that procedure a year ago as you can see. I was 5 foot 7 and now my height is eleven feet and growth is proportionate in 3 dimensions.”, Sam said.


It was all so much to take in for Mark, but he didn’t have time to think about it much as Roy signaled him to look out the windows.


He loosened his seatbelts so he could stand and watch out the car window.


He immediately saw something odd. The buildings in Twin Peaks seem to have fewer floors on average but looked just as big. Some were even bigger in scale. He also saw people walking ranging from just a little smaller than Samantha to twice the height of that.


“Well this town is certainly stranger than Ismaning”, Mark said.


The car stopped in front of a big building that seemed like a school.


“You don’t mind, do you Mark. I have to take my 2 daughters from school, It will probably be a little crammed in the back there.”, Sam said apologetically.


“Well I don’t see how that is a problem, seeing how much space we have here”, Mark said.


Mark was expecting the children to be at least 7 feet tall, but even with that size, there should be plenty of room, Mark thought.


Mark saw 2 blond girls approaching the car from afar. One was about 10 years old and the other looked like a young teenager.


When they came closer, he was startled to see that they were farther away than he originally thought and now they seem big….. Even bigger than their giant mother.


He saw them walking casually to each side of the car and estimated the younger smaller one at 12 feet and the older bigger one at 15 feet.


“O, I forgot to tell you, my daughters are a little bigger than me and this car is somewhat small for them.”, Sam said chuckling.


When the doors opened on both sides, Mark rushed to the middle of the backseat. The smaller younger daughter hopped in first and then the teenage blonde girl jumped in from the other side.


Samantha wasn’t kidding, the children barely fitted there, Mark was being pushed towards the middle of the back seat from both sides.


”Scarlet and Judy, watch out for our new guest in the middle, he will be joining us for dinner.”, Samantha said.

Chapter End Notes:

Please give a review of your opinion. It works motivating me to spend more time writing the chapters.