- Text Size +

Chapter 04 - Nightmares and mysteries


A man was making moaning sounds and opened his eyes. Bruce was lying in a bed just waking up and had to orientate himself where he was. He tried to get his thinking into focus and began to remember that he was in a forest chasing after his wife when something caught his eye and he decided to stop for a bit to check it out.


Because of that small delay, he lost sight of where Genie had run off too. His vision was still a little blurry.

“Oh, my head hurts, I was chasing after Genie………. Saw some animals that shouldn’t be there……. sudden tremors… booming sounds getting closer…. animals running away…… and………………………A GIANT WOMAN!”


That last thought made Bruce go wide awake in a sweat. “What a nightmare that was…It felt so real”

He looked around and discovered he was back in his room at the hotel in the village. Light shined through the curtains hanging from the windows.


He felt a warm body touching him, he turned his head down next to him and saw it belonged to his wife who appeared to be moving in her sleep. She looked uncomfortable doing it so Bruce tried to wake her up.


“Honey, wake up, wake up!”, Bruce said in a louder tone while shaking her a little.


Genie let out a scream, “Please, no! Don’t!”  Her upper body shot up, her eyes now wide open. She was fully awake and startled the man next to her on the bed.


“Honey, it’s okay … you just had a bad dream”.


Genie turned around to where that familiar voice was coming from. When she saw her husband, her shocked attitude changed into feelings of enormous relief, she jumped at him and embraced him with a very tight hug.


“Oh Bruce, I’m so glad you’re alright”, Genie said while crying a little.

Bruce: “Of course I’m alright honey, you just had a bad dream. Look, we are in bed together in our hotel room”.


Genie looked around and smelled the familiar scent vanilla of their room. Bruce was right, they were safe back in the hotel.

“That nightmare felt so real, Bruce. I…. I..”

“Well, if it is any relief, I know how you feel. I had a nightmare too before I just woke up that felt very real”


“It was the most amazing thing. We were at the beach and then running into the forest. I got separated from you and I bumped into a giant woman’s foot. I saw her looking at me and she bent down to grab me. Her hand was slowly coming toward me and then I passed out and woke up”


“Hehe, don’t be jealous, you are the only woman for me”, Bruce said.


Bruce expected to see an angry playful pouting face from his girlfriend, but he saw a totally different expression on her face, one of shock again.


“Did she have blond semi-long hair, blue eyes, glasses and wearing some sort of scientist/doctor suit?”, Genie asked frantically.


Now it was Bruce who showed an alarming face. “That… that’s actually totally right, how did you know…”


“I saw her too, ….. she was carrying you in her breast pocket and I was attacked from behind by another giant. She looked like a child, but she was so huge and swung me around like I was some sort of toy and then I saw you hurt in the bigger giant’s pocket and then…..she grabbed me looking at me with those big huge blue eyes.

I didn’t know if you were ok and thought it was the end for us….” Genie blurred out with great speed.


“It must have been one of those shared dreams I heard about”, Bruce said.


Genie calmed down after those words and said, “What if it wasn’t a dream and it really happened”.


A silence fell between those two after Genie’s startling suggestion.


Bruce wanted to overrule it with trying to say somewhat the same thing as before ‘it must have been a dream they somehow shared’, but he stopped because his conviction about it was wavering. It was even wavering before Genie made that suggestion, but he couldn’t come fully to terms with the possibility of encountering giants either.


“Let me see what time it is”, Bruce said, trying to break the ice. He picked up his cell phone and looked at the time on the screen. Luckily, that was still functioning. Both had no 4G connection and no service on their phones. Also, the hotel and the village had no Wi-fi spots, the whole island seemed to be completely devoid of any internet services. It had been that way from the moment they came in the vicinity of the Island.


“The time is 02:06 am, that can’t be right”, Genie said with her cell phone in her hand and then turned around looking seriously at her boyfriend who seemed to be lost in thought, “Bruce! I’m almost certain now, we didn’t dream this, it was real and don’t say shared dre…”


“Ok, let’s go downstairs and ask the clerk how we got here and then go back to that place we were to investigate. I agree with you, as ridiculous and bizarre as it sounds, I’m convinced that we were there and encountered……. something.”, Bruce said.


They were as prepared as they could think off. When they opened the door to go to the hallway, they were surprised by what they saw.


“What is this, some sort of weird prank. There’s some sort of big metal plate blocking the exit”

Bruce tried to move it, but it wouldn’t move an inch. He knocked on it and yelled, “Hello!!, is anybody out there? This isn’t funny”.


No answer followed.


Bruce kicked against the metal plate and didn’t expect what he felt in his leg and foot. It felt like more like a massive concrete wall than a thin steel plate. It had to be at least several feet thick.


“Ok, I had enough of this”, Bruce said with an irritated tone.


“Let’s go through the window, honey. One way or another we are going out of this weird place”, Bruce said.


Genie than opened the curtains and to her surprise saw another white porous screen blocking to view from the outside of the windows.


“No matter, honey, move out of the way”.


Genie moved quickly out of the way, as Bruce was storming the window with a sturdy desk chair in his hands.


The chair hit the window with great force but bounced back not making a dent in it.

Bruce tried again with even more force. After the fourth try, the metal underside of the chair broke off.


Suddenly the white blocking screen moved slowly upwards. When the screen was completely lifted from the window they saw an image that left them completely baffled.


An enormous face with two huge brown eyes were staring at them. The couple stood there frozen, staring back at those intimidating dark brown eyes. Only a few moments before they witnessed two of these behemoths but still doubted their senses of what they had seen, but this situation was diminishing those doubts by the second and reminded them of the feeling of fear they had.

“So, these or the new arrivals Dr. Ming. Beautiful specimens.”, A young-looking Asian female giant said as she looked at a stunned Bruce and Genie.


“They all look the same to me. Can you bring them to me, I want to do some tests on them”, The older Asian giantess said who was sitting near her desk, about 40 feet away.

Bruce and Genie saw the giantess reaching for something near the window and then heard a hissing sound. The wall with the window seemed to move and opening up the room like a big door. The soft feeling scent of vanilla disappeared rapidly and was replaced with powerful medicine scent.


A feminine hand than reaches slowly for the couple and grabbed the stunned Genie first. Before Genie could move, the giant fingers already curled around her so that no escape from it was possible. She was gently grabbed and lifted out of the bedroom.


Genie’s face was aimed towards the cage and the further away she got from it the more she got an oversight view of where they were. She notices that they were in some sort of cage and next to them were more of the same looking cages, they looked like microwaves from the outside with handle to open the door.

She could see 20 in total in 4 rows of 5 from that distance and some of them had people in them. Some of those people, who were all wearing orange overalls, were banging their fists as hard as they could on the glass wall door of their respective cages.

 

Genie stopped moving away from the cages now and watched as the giant’s left arm reached towards Bruce as he tried to dodge the hand by running and stopping all over the room, but after a few good superb dodging moves, the giantess’ hand had corned him and with enormous speed engulfed his body in a tight grip.


The giantess grip was tighter around Bruce and was less gentle as she pulled her arm back with much more speed making Bruce a little dizzy.


She turned her clenched fists so she could see their faces. The giantess took 10 seconds to look at them. Bruce and Genie weren’t making eye contact as they tried to clenched the girl's treetrunk sized thumbs with both arms to get a better grip.


“These new arrivals really look cute, Doctor”, the excited teenage giantess said.


“Stop fooling around with them and give them to me Lyn, I need to do some tests on them and I want it done by today”, Dr Ming said with an impatient tone.


"Oh, Ok", Lyn said as she started moving.


As Lyn walked towards the table her steps echoed through the room. Bruce and Genie got a better view of the environment. What seemed to be some sort of enormous hall to them was, in fact, some sort of lab room. It was illuminated brightly with white-colored walls. Genie looked down and saw that the floor was made of out black and white tiles like a chessboard pattern.


For just a moment, Bruce was distracted from his predicament and captivated by the vast scale of everything around him. He also noticed how fast this giantess was covering the distance to almost the other side of the room.

“Here they are, doctor”, said Lyn as she put both Bruce and Genie gently on the table and released her grip on them.


The couple started to look up and saw that their excited captor had black hair with short pigtails hanging on either side of her head. Then they looked up to the other gigantic woman and saw she was positioned with her back turned on them. From that close range, the upper body of Dr. Ming was incredible enormous that they couldn’t even see her head when she maneuvered in certain positions. She was wearing a similar type of lab coat as the blond giantess they’d encountered.


Out of curiosity, they decided to walk a little further on the table to see what the older giantess was doing there. When they had a better view. There were jars on the shelves behind her, with human skeletons in them preserved and some bodies in liquid.


Genie saw the doctor slowly put down a dead human body with some skin peeled off on a plate. Dr. Ming then proceeded to cut off the left arm and right leg with an incision knife. She then put the knife down on the table and proceeded with some tweezers to pick up the severed limbs and put them into an empty jar. She pored in some liquid and closed the jar and stored on a shelf.

The doctor put down the tweezers, took off her gloves and washed her hands.


“Well, that’s done, now I can finally start with the new specimens”,


She turned around and was now looking straight down at them,

When her head was visible to them, they could see she had black hair, wore stylish glasses and small but fill lips that were colored light red. This older looking giantess who seemed to be in her thirties wasn’t smiling like the other one and looked down at them with an emotionless expression that gave the tiny couple the chills.


“Lyn could you tape the male to the table. I will start with the female.”


Before Lyn could, Bruce was running towards the incision knife, Dr. Ming just used to peel off some skin of a dead body.


He picked it up and stood in front of his girlfriend. Behind them was the edge of the desk, the plateau standing 40 feet off the ground.

There was no escape, but Bruce wanted to at least protect his girlfriend from possibly being cut open and stood his ground, pointing the sharp tool towards the towering Dr. Ming.


“Awww, how cute. Look how he is protecting his little mate against you, doctor”, Lyn said.


“I have no time for this”, Ming said as she reached for the knife the little man was holding.

The knife was heavy but, Bruce was full of adrenaline and was ready to defend himself against an approaching hand the size of a jumbo double size bed.


“Ouch!!!”, Dr. Ming yelled as she retracted her cut hand.


The little man didn’t let go of the incision knife and was ready for round 2. Unfortunately for him, Dr. Ming was now somewhat annoyed, clenched her hand and slammed her fist with tremendous force on the table.


Before Bruce could even register what happened the shockwave made him fell on his behind and then almost flat to the table because of the weight of the metal handle. Bruce was now in a life-threatening position as the metal was close to his neck, he had to use all his strength in his arms, preventing the enormous heavy knife to crush his neck.


“What now, tough guy, can’t handle a little weight?”, Dr. Ming said mockingly.


Bruce still had a defiant look in his eyes even his life-threatening predicament.


Genie got back up, ran towards Bruce and tried to get the knife off him, but was plucked off the ground by Ming’s gigantic thumb and index finger. The older giant set the little woman on her right open flat hand in mid-air, so she could watch Bruce struggling for his life.


She stood up from the fleshy floor, turned around craned her neck a little up and mustered up the courage to look the giantess in her eyes and said, “Please Miss, I will go along with all your experiments, just help Bruce.


Dr. Ming said nothing to her and started to undress the little woman one clothing at a time. Genie was sobbing as she was held in the strong grip of 2 gigantic digits, while 2 digits from Ming’s other hand were undressing her.


“Hi. Hi, is the big bad knife too much for you little guy? Let me take that big bad thing off your hands”, Lyn said amused.


With little effort, she took the scalpel of him and picked him up with her left hand putting him in her open right-hand palm she had leaned against her belly so Bruce could stand. She started to pat him on the head with her left index finger trying to calm him down. It worked to some extent.


“Shhh, Calm down, little fellow. Dr. Ming is going to perform some harmless test”, Lyn said reassuringly.

The way the younger giant said those words didn’t reassure Bruce at all and made him more anxious as he was forced to helplessly watch Genie being undressed against her will.

 The giantess doctor was done undressing her test subject, the little woman was stripped of all her clothes. Genie was so humiliated, but the feeling quickly made way for fear as she saw the giant woman picking up the biggest syringe with a hypodermic needle she had ever seen.

She felt movement in the giant fist she was in, it was turning and Genie now faced away from Dr. Ming and the needle.


Then she felt a sharp pain, the needle was entering the right side of her but. She began to scream and moved violently as much as the strong grip of doctor’s hand would allow. The pain increased and tears formed around her eyes.

“It hurt, it hurt so much, please stop!!”, Genie said as Dr.Ming pulled the handle carefully upwards filling the syringe with Genie’s blood.


“This seems to be enough”, Dr. Ming said as she pulled the needle out of Genie's body.


Then she picked up a jar with some strange orange looking liquid in it and opened it while still holding Genie in her other hand. It had a strong odor and Genie smelt it right away and coughed a little. Dr. Ming then picked up a different syringe and dipped it into the orange liquid and let it fill up.


“Doctor isn’t it a little premature to use compound ‘2x’ on an untested wild tiny, this isn’t normal procedure”, Lyn asked.


“I want to test this new chemical compound now, it is not a problem”, Ming said.


She brought the needle close to her and was slowly aiming it at the left side of Genie’s but, ready to inject her.


Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

“Pfff, I’m busy Lyn, open the door and see who it is would you”, The giant Asian woman said annoyed.


Lyn who was still holding Bruce in her clenched fist decided to put him in her breast pocket and walked to the door. Upon opening it she saw that it was Helga who immediately burst into the room.

“Stop what you’re doing Sarah, these are not your possessions.”, Helga said with a straight face.


The giantess doctor set down her syringe and turned around.


“Oh hi, Helga, coming to ruin another experiment. Our superiors agreed that the next captured batch of tinies would belong to me, you reach your quota by the way and can’t have new batches of tinies for a while. So, what are you doing here?”, Dr. Ming said.


“That is why I persuaded the council to give them to our new intern, she will be their handler”, Helga said in a calm confident tone.


“I already heard about a new intern, to be honest, that is why I started immediately with some test on them. The rule is she can only have them if she grows over the 40 feet mark, which will probably take the little shrimp several months if she grows at all to that height, but hey, I will trade you these two now if you give me your little pet”, Dr Ming said smug and satisfied.


“He, he, well that little pet as you call her, her name is Wendy, by the way, grew faster and bigger than expected.”, Helga said and paused purposely letting her opponent guess and sweat.


“Ok, she grew to 20 to 30 feet in length, she is just a bigger pet now at the moment”, Dr. Ming said.


Why was Helga so calm? Helga couldn’t claim them for herself and the new intern that came in yesterday was not big enough to own little people.”,


“She is just a few inches away from 70 feet. But don’t worry, she won’t grow anymore, at least I don’t think so”, Helga said in a sarcastic tone.


Dr. Ming just became confused.


“Here is a letter of proof that Wendy is to have these 2 people, so if you don’t mind, kindly deposit them in this carrier box”, Helga said.


Dr. Ming immediately pulled the letter out of her hand and started reading and examining it. She saw the official seal of the council on it and the approval that Intern Wendy de Vries age 20 has the complete right of ownership of subjects 60001b and 60002b and Helga has the right of one-month ownership before transfer ownership to the above-mentioned intern.


Bruce and Genie were watching the spectacle between these two building-sized women with great curiosity as their previous captor now appeared to be saving them from this cold scientist.


When the Giants were done with arguing, the Asian doctor walked to where Genie was lying and released her from the cuffs and put her on the table in front of Helga.


Lyn put Bruce on the table near Genie and the two embraced each other and then looked up to the towering blond woman.

She smiled warmly at them and it comforted them a little. She put the carrier box down and open the latch and urge the tiny couple to go in. The two, who just wanted to get away from this eerie place and Dr. Ming, ran immediately inside the box and Helga closed the ledge after them and took off with them.


Helga than picked up the box with the tiny couple in it and walked to a mobile cart and placed the box on it and it locked on to some clamps. This was meant for stability so that the little people in the carrier box would have a more comfortable journey to their destination.


The man and woman started to calm down a little. The Giants were out of sight and the whole bizarre intimidating threatening atmosphere of that room was gone, for now. For a moment they felt a relieved.


They looked around to study this new more normal feeling environment that was built for their scale.

The place had a soft flowery smell and the dimensions of the place around them felt normal again.

Bruce and Genie looked at each other in the eye and were speaking a language without words. They were childhood friends and both had a taste for traveling and adventure, but their eyes didn’t convey feelings of excitement. They were feelings of being completely lost. What would await them next in this bizarre place and was there a way out?

Chapter End Notes:

Please review. I do my best making these chapters and English is not my first language.

 

Here a pic from CH03. Artwork was done by Butre3004.