- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

Chapter 17 - Just your average workday?


As the young intern and her newly smaller co-tenants got awkwardly acquainted, far above that stage, 2 pair of hidden eyes behind a vent in the ceiling was watching their every move with great curiosity.

“Well sir, it appears our subject has herself a couple of pets”, The private said.

“This is good news, as the doctor predicted. These two might be useful to us in the near future.”, Sergeant Major Williams.

Did you take enough pictures and data of this development?

“Yes sir”, said the private as his camera lens primarily focused on Wendy.

“I also meant the terrarium and the room layout changes”, as he saw his underling too eager to focus only on the giant young woman and the scarcely clothed Genie.

“Already did enough of that sir, here check my camera.”

“Excellent work, private, this concludes your and our work and overall mission here. Let’s wrap things up, and report back to base.”

The two men packed up their equipment with great care not to leave anything behind.

“Don’t leave anything behind there must be no trace left behind at what we were doing here”, The sergeant said.

His subordinate complied by giving his commander a nod, picked up the lights that lit up the dark corridors of the vent system.

As they walked away the private looked back for one more time.

The giantess seemed to be done for now with her new project as the conversation was finished and the two mysterious people were being wrapped in Wendy’s fist ready for departure.

Wendy put her new friends back in the terrarium and was off to work.

Wendy went to her intern job with a smile. After a satisfying introduction with the new people that would be in her care in the coming months and her promotion, she was as happy as can be.

The young intern arrived at her designated workplace, there she would do her routinely veterinarian
work.

The room was filled with modern cages and had sometimes the appropriate habitat built-in for the specific animal that resided in there. The cages front was fully made out of strong glass and had handles on them that when pulling made it feel as if you were opening a microwave.

Wendy loved her job the moment she arrived on the Island. She found it ironic that this type of job was given to her as she abruptly stopped her curriculum of medical studies at the Erasmus University and went to art school instead.

The wide variety of animals was a bonus and the elephant in the room was that there were animals that were thought to be extinct and probably were extinct in the outside world.

The other even bigger elephant was that she herself was turned into a creature from mythical tales. Wendy questioned what was the bigger wonder, her growth, or the revival of very old species that had inhabited the planet for so long ago.

Strangely she was in favor of the latter as she felt normal sized at a base built for her size and other people around the same size she interacted with.

She picked up a mammoth out of one the habitat cages and put it on her worktable. The mammoth had a broken leg and she had bandaged it up a month ago and was curious to see how effective the healing procedures were in the Hive.

Just about everything amazed her about this facility as to how different methods were being used for healing, she had never seen or put into practice before.

“Hi Wendy!”, A voice of a young woman said as she entered the room. Behind her were 2 familiar guests to Wendy.

“Hi Lyn, how are you doing”, Wendy said.

“Oh, hi Miss Augenthaler, hi Gwendoline. You are just in time to see me unbandaged his right front leg.", Wendy said

The mammoth’s paw seemed to have healed quickly, which should make the young owner happy.

“Here you go, Gwen, he is as good as new. Be more careful in the future”, Wendy said.

“What do you say to Wendy, darling”, The mother said.

“Thank you Wendy,… Come on Harold, I got some nice carrots at home for you, tee, hee”, The little giantess said as she quickly paced with her pet mammoth outside the door.

“Gwen.. Oh, she gets so excited with her pets sometimes”, Miss Augenthaler said.

“I will check on her, don’t worry”, Lyn said as she walked outside after Miss Augenthaler’s daughter.

“Thanks, Lyn”

The mother had another reason to visit Wendy’s workplace as she looked at the animal habitat cages behind her. Wendy picked up on her body language.

“You came for an elephant, a bear, a tiger, some cats, and some raptors.”, Wendy said excitedly.
Let me get some temporary mini cages, I assume you have all the specific habitats on standby?”, Wendy asked

“Indeed, I have their suitable habitat terrariums ready in the classroom.”, Miss Augenthaler said.

Wendy took a cart with smaller standard cages and opened up the doors of the habitats. The schoolteacher watched and noticed how skillfully and rapidly the young Dutch girl was taking the animals out of their cages.

She was especially impressed by the way she picked up and handled the small cats individually.

“I have to say, the way you handle even the smallest of creatures, your skill, and hand coordination are excellent, Wendy”, The schoolteacher said.

“Back in my hometown as a part-time vet, I had some experience handling small rodents like hamsters. Off course these were bigger than these 3-centimeter (1.2 inch) cats here.”, Wendy said already realizing her little mistake.

The older woman immediately picked up on her understandable inaccurate statement.

“Interesting, I can’t imagine dealing with 5-meter-tall (15 feet) cats the size of dinosaurs as you have”, the schoolteacher chuckled as she tried to visualize such an absurd thing.

“What so funny? Their just around 40 centimeters (1 foot, 4 inches), super small and boring, mom”, said Gwen at the door as she was showing impatience and couldn’t wait for her mom to come out.

“In a moment sweetie,”

Gwen went out of the door again.

Wendy picked up the pace and finished filling the small cages with all the requested animals and put them on a double-deck moving cart.

“I will also take my leave now. I don’t want to make my classroom and impatient daughter wait any longer. Congratulations on your promotion, by the way, you have really earned it. Please visit my classroom sometime. I and my students would really be honored”, The schoolteacher said.

“Thank you Miss Augenthaler, I will”, Wendy said.

As miss Augenthaler left the building, Wendy continued her work. She walked again to some of the bigger habitat cages and moved her head close to a specific cage. The intern eyes moved around with a piercing gaze to look for her target.

“Ah, there you are”, Wendy said.

She reached for the handle, opened the door, and moved both hands into the cage to pick up one of the larger animals that was stocked in the room this day.

It was a triceratops she held with both hands as she lifted it further and closer to her face.
For Wendy, it was always an interesting experience to hold any kind of dinosaur in her hand and their skin texture felt so unique.

The triceratops was somewhat domesticated and therefore almost never panicked of being picked a million times before.
As Wendy was examining him, she saw that his superficial wounds were gone, but emotionally the animal had suffered.

Lost in thought as she was staring at its detailed scales, she didn’t notice another huge figure entering the room.

“Penny for your thoughts”, Helga said.

Wendy looked behind her and saw Helga coming into the room. Her mentor was pushing a cart with what appeared to be a wounded dinosaur, on closer inspection she saw it was a Stegosaurus.

--
For deputy Steiner, it was a special workday, as the deputy was patrolling the streets of Twin Peaks in his Ismaning police car.

The town always seemed peaceful and nothing eventful was happening that demanded his police attention.

The architecture, the buildup of the town, and the people gave a familiar feeling like a small pleasant American town he sometimes visited in his home country.

The buildings were bigger, the roads were wider and the buildings were bigger than he was used to in Ismaning.
A couple of visits to Samantha’s house still made him get more used to the place but not enough to still feel out of place.

It was like a sightseeing tour, one like no other as he now for the first time would get to see the whole town in all its multi-sized glory.

Twin Peaks wasn’t built for one type of size in mind and the Parker family children were only the average size in town, where Sam belonged to the group size that was among the smallest in this town.

The thought of that made Mark softly and sarcastically laugh that her impressive 10 feet height was seen as small and even her huge kids were just normal-sized in the eyes of most Twin Peaks citizens.

His work schedule and route plan were now leading him to a part he hadn’t visited before. When driving more deeper inwards into this unexplored region he saw the buildings were even bigger and the pedestrian lanes wider than ever before, as it now more effort for his eyes and state of mind to process these bizarre dimensions.

He then passed by a huge house that dwarfed the one from his lover and he estimated that it was around twice the height and 8 times the volume.

As he made a curved turn, he saw the backyard side of the house and slowed down a little as saw 2 very tall children playing in the garden.

If he had to guess they were around Scarlet’s age but estimated they were around Judy Parker’s height. The girl was playing with a doll around his size and the boy was playing with a toy police car.

Suddenly an average looking brown-haired man wearing a blue sweater and came outside of the house walking towards the kids as he gave them some commands.

“That has to be the father, finally someone more normal-sized like me is living in this town”, Mark thought out loud as he found it comical that the man was clearly too small for the dimensions of the residence behind him had and that he was much smaller than these middle schoolers, but quickly realized how equally silly he must himself look in front of Scarlet, Judy, and even Sam.

The man then looked in the direction of the deputy’s car and waved and shouted, “Hi honey”.

Mark was surprised by that reaction. “Honey?”
Before he could process what, the guy meant, something huge was tapping at his front side door window, which startled him out of his trance. He looked in the mirror and saw two long female legs standing behind him.

In an instinctual reaction, Mark quickly turned on the engine and his foot reached for the gas pedal. The giantess had already anticipated that move and before he could hit the pedal her two hands grabbed the car by the sides and lifted the vehicle up before it could getaway.

Mark was a fraction too late as the wheels started to turn when the car was already a few inches of the ground and was ascending upwards.

“Please stop panicking officer, I only lifted your car to talk to you”, said the giantess as the car was still ascending upwards in a slow steady pace.

Mark’s car was at full height and he could see the eyes and face of a brunette woman through his center mirror

“I’m the owner of the house you kept observing, so I tried to see who it was since it clearly wasn’t Sherriff Parker.

This calmed the deputy down and he stopped his engines.

“Good, I’m going to walk towards my garden and put your car down there, so we can have a better discussion”, The female giant said.

As she was walking towards her residence, she had the urge to turn the car around so that the front was aimed at her sight and have a better look at the man inside the car. But it was too big and unhandy to rotate it around sideways, the other less difficult way was the flip the car upside down first and then another rotation, but she quickly put aside these thoughts of making the occupant that uncomfortable that he could puke in his car.
The woman knew she was too small and didn’t poses the skillset to turn the car without damaging it.

The family happily came to greet her as arrived and descended to put the car down gently.

Mark looked around him and saw her husband and kids moved a little closer to his position.

“Ok, officer, you can step out of your vehicle so we can have a better look at you and then explain to us what you are doing here”, The huge female said.
Mark wanted to de-escalate the situation so he immediately complied, opened his door, and stepped out onto the grassy surface of the giant’s family garden.

“Pull yourself together Mark, you have a job to do”, He said to himself as he got back in his calmer patrolling mode and looked around at the individuals and especially the biggest one who gave him a short but unique journey.

He looked up and watched straight in her eyes without blinking as she watched back.

“Easy Darla, I recognize this man now and I think he is friends with Sam and Roy.”, The man said.

“O… I see Terence, then he must be that guy, Sam’s man”, Darla said.

The policeman turned around again to see the other 3 members approaching him and came to the realization that he made a miscalculation as they came closer and eventually Terence stood only 1.5 meters(5 feet) away from his position. Mark gasped as the husband, called Terence, wasn’t the same size as him at all. He seemed a little bit taller than Sam and the kids looked closer to 25 feet than Judy’s height. The mother was the tallest giant he had seen since Helga and Wendy a few months ago.

Steiner looked up at Terence and said, “Yeah, that’s right I’m here on patrol and Sam is patrolling in Ismaning on her bike.

The deputy was still taking in all the size differences as he looked at 2 children and the objects they were holding. His brain was making corrections to the size label conclusions it took from Steiner’s position that resulted in a more accurate outcome that the doll was almost triple his size and the toy car as big as his squad car.

Adjusting to new dimensions was still a little dizzy making, but not compared to two months or even one month ago.

He turned his attention to the husband who was, with around 2.5 times his height, the closed thing to a normal-sized person around.