- Text Size +

Chapter 11 - BOOM!

 

12:00 in the afternoon

 

Boom, BOom, BOOm, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOOM, BOOOOOM!!

 

Sounds of multiple gigantic feet making relentless contact with the ground.

 

Large predator animals were running away scared as if the forest was on fire. Bears, lions, tigers, elephants, and other wildlife were all running away from large stomping sounds coming their way. The tramplings and snapping sounds of thick tree branches being crushed followed them.

 

Wendy was hiking through the forest and was in good spirits today as the sun was shining bright. It amused her to see these normally big intimidating animals run away from her. They looked as cute as those small rodent pets she once had.

Thoughts of catching some to keep as a pet crossed her mind.

 

When arriving on the Island these mountains looked enormous and so vast. They still looked big but were now reduced too mere hills. The 4800 feet high mountain was now only like a 400-foot hill to her.

 

Where the base at first looked alien to her, it was now the outside world that was off.

This place didn’t look remotely like the Island she visited a few days ago.

The large trees, the high mountains, and little lakes were gone from her sight, replaced by bushes, hills and little puddles. She towered above the smaller trees and the larger ones were at best 3 times Wendy’s height.

 

Wendy’s goal today was to climb and hike on some mountains and also some sort of rendezvous point for an assignment given by Helga, which she was vague about and said it was a surprise and that it would be told in full detail once she reached her destination.

 

She wasn't hiking alone, 2 other gigantic figures accompanied Wendy on her journey. Elsa Braun, Helga's 18-year-old daughter, a 64-foot-tall blond with a large ponytail with water blue eyes and Cindy Brown. An 80-foot-tall brunette with brown eyes was accompanying her on this trip to the mountains. For Elsa and Cindy, this was just a normal routine hike as they had done many times before. Helga asked them to show Wendy a little of the Island to let her acclimate as a giantess to the environment and help her with the assignment.

All 3 of them wore shorts and dark blue shirts with the GeneticsTech logo on it and some greyish green mountain shoes.

 

Cindy and Wendy were chatting away and laughing as they walked through the dense forest.

 

“Really, they had sex at your introduction with Helga present. They must have been punished for that.”, Cindy said.

 

“They were later. Helga had them climb on me starting from my foot to the top of my head. They were ok with it even claiming they could do it if I just stood straight up. But when I saw the woman slip at the height from my knees. I decided to sit on a chair and stretched my legs so it was much safer and easier to achieve for them.”, Wendy told them with excitement.

 

Elsa and Cindy smiled at how something so mundane could lift the new intern’s spirit so much.

 

"So how do you like it here so far on this Island?" Cindy asked.

 

"It's a lot of getting used to, seeing and feeling the world now from this perspective, but it is super exciting to witness all this. How about you, how do you feel about being a giant?" Wendy asked.

 

“Well, I have to think about it. I haven’t been a tiny for a long time and would like to see my hometown in Ohio, but I don’t think the people of Dayton would appreciate that”, Cindy said with a smile.

 

"It's a little strange to me, to refer to us as giants. This size is normal to me and the rest of the people in this area. Most of us are born about 5 to 6 meters tall and grow to an adult height between 16 meters to 24 meters with some exceptions being smaller than 16 meters or bigger than 24 meters. I always had this perspective of my environment as an adult." Elsa said.

 

Wendy let that piece of information sink in. She was surprised by that answer. Elsa smiled when she saw Wendy's expression.

 

"I see my mom didn't get around to telling you this yet. I will let her fill you in on the details. Let's just say you are the first tiny person in a long time to be successfully enlarged to our size and at a much faster rate than expected. Everybody here who knows about it is excited." Elsa said, appearing reluctant to give more information.

 

Wendy acted calm and decided not to ask further about it. She could ask Helga about it later when she returned to the facility but wouldn't force it. She wasn't in a hurry for that information or planning to leave anytime soon.

 

“Well let’s pick up the pace and see if you can keep up, let’s go Cindy”, Elsa said.

 

They started running and Elsa kept increasing the pace as Cindy and Wendy followed her.

 

The 3 young increasingly fast-moving women were making the whole ground shake and made deep footprints that would put the ones from the largest land animals ever lived to shame. They were already in front of the mountains because of their gigantic strides.

 

“Let’s take little rest before we climb these mountains”, Elsa said.

 

“Not bad, Red, you are pretty fast and tough, isn’t she Elsa”, Cindy said.

 

Elsa hesitated to answer and looked lightly annoyed and surprised.

 

“Not bad, let’s see how good you can climb.”, Elsa said.

 

The three young women started to climb the mountain. It was harder than it looked and Wendy seemed to have trouble deciding how to do it. She saw Elsa and Cindy moving fast up the mountain, leaving her behind.

 

Wendy felt a little shame as she saw how easy it was for Elsa and Cindy to climb up. When she was on vacation in Switzerland her father had taken her to different mountain ranges and they hiked all the way up with little trouble. But this was hard, somehow the whole texture of the terrain, the size of the rocks was just off with these hills.

Cindy looked back and decided to help Wendy.

“What are you doing Cindy, she has to do it all by herself or she won’t learn anything”, Elsa said.

“No Elsa, she needs help or she will never catch up with us and we will be late at the rendezvous point.”, Cindy said.

Cindy descended towards the struggling intern.

Suddenly one rock broke off because it couldn't withstand the enormous pressure Wendy's hand produced. This caused her to lose her balance and she quickly reacted by dropping the rock as it rolled violently down the mountain heavy enough to crush a full-grown man flat. She was involuntarily about to follow its path down, luckily for her, Cindy was just in time to take her hand and stop her from falling.

“Got you, you have to be careful Wendy, this is your first time climbing in this form. But don't worry I will help you, take it a little slow.", Cindy said.

“This is a little embarrassing, I use to hike on mountain-like terrain with my father since I was 10 years old, this shouldn’t be too hard for me”, Wendy said.

“You are doing great already by adapting to the environment with your new body, isn’t that right Elsa”, Cindy said while watching Elsa with a disapproving look.

Elsa looked back down. She didn’t want to admit it, but Wendy was doing great for someone who was a tiny human a few days ago and now wielding the body of a superhuman 1728 times her original tiny mass. She found her mom’s reactions exaggerated and would want to put the new intern through her own set of tests. This was only the beginning.

Cindy was showing Wendy how and where to walk through the narrow paths of the mountain.

“Good job, Red, it is going much better now. You are getting the hang of it.”, Cindy said praising.

“I have never encountered weird hills like these before, the enormous mountains of the Alps have easier hiking paths.”, Wendy said.

“Well, technically they are mountains according to tiny standards. From your perspective, I can understand that to you, they look like hills. Everything is around 12 times smaller than you were used too, but if you measure the Alps by these standards too, than even those would fall into the hill category as the tallest would just be 400 meters above sea level.”, Cindy said.

Wendy tried to imagine what the Alps would look like to her now, but couldn’t get an image. The Swiss landscape would look too bizarre to be even recognizable just like this Island is now.

“I can’t even imagine that Cindy”, Wendy said with a chuckle.

“No mountain in the world would look intimidating to you now or cities for that matter, but you have to get used to your new strength and the weight you put those rocks”. Cindy said.


“I already have an idea of how it feels like when I visited that little village you have in that facility. I felt big and I even got permission to pick up a little police officer. The feeling was something I can’t really describe but it felt like a rush to have such a cute tiny life in my hand.”, Wendy said with a beautiful smile of satisfaction on her face.

“You haven’t seen anything yet, Ismaning is an interesting place but it can’t compare to some of the other interesting habitats we have there. I will take you there when you have clearance to go there.”, Cindy said.

The pair climbed further and almost caught up with Elsa who was now standing at the top.

“You are learning fast, we're almost there and there is a surprise waiting for you.”, Cindy said


“Hurry up, you two”, Elsa said.

 

Cindy and Wendy didn’t listen and just went on at the same pace when finally, to reach the summit of the mountain.

 

Under a clear blue sky and a radiant sun high above her with a small breeze that went pleasantly through her red-brown hair, Wendy took a deep refreshing breath and looked around. The view was breath-taking as she could she much

 

“Look, Wendy, over there”, Cindy said as she pointed a certain direction with her arm and stretch out index finger.

 

Wendy saw some figures in the distance and kept staring at them. They were some sort of animals she didn’t recognize. That wasn’t entirely true, her brain could make out exactly what those shapes were only her rational mind was fighting that idea.

 

“Yes, Wendy, they are exactly what you think they are”, Cindy said as she startled Wendy out of her staring trance.

 

“You are kidding me, right?”, Wendy said while she kept looking at the large creatures in the distance.

 

Cindy standing next to her turned her head towards Wendy with a sarcastic expression on her face.

“At what you just been through and seeing the stuff they do in the Hive facility, this you find unbelievable Red”, Cindy said.

 

The intern thought about Cindy’s words and concluded that there was some truth in them.

“These are creatures of legend, they are supposed to be extinct.”, Wendy said.

 

“O come on, they're just some boring lizards, why are you two making a big deal out of it, let’s get to work”, Elsa said.

 

“What are we going to do?”, Wendy asked.

 

“We have to move these animals to their new habitat within the Hive facility.”, Elsa said.

 

“That is our assignment for today Red, seeing your reaction before I think you are anxious enough to walk to our old Jurassic habitat.”, Cindy said with a soft smile.

 

“Isn’t it dangerous. I mean I know we are big but…”

 

“Not to worry, Red. I think we have the right size that none of them pose a threat to us”, Cindy said winking one eye.

 

The trio started walking down the narrow path of the mountain and this seemed easier to Wendy as she followed Elsa and walking behind her was Cindy. Wendy enjoyed the changing angle of the view when watching these dinosaurs. She couldn’t determine how big they were in comparison to herself. Because of the distance and that some seem to tower above the trees, they looked huge and she could only imagine them that way because of all the movies and books she had seen about them.

A human was just not bigger than these mythical beasts of legend and Wendy started to worry about those carnivores’ dinosaurs with huge razor-sharp teeth.

 

They were now at the bottom of the mountain and now had a straight view of their destination. The intern noticed that the trees were lower here, as they came to her mid-section. This was somewhat relieving as she saw the creatures in the distance around those same trees and could now get an estimate measure of their height. The biggest long necks seem to be around her height.

 

Part her brain was still fighting the thought that these creatures were smaller than her but had a harder time convincing their hostess as they came closer and closer to their destination. Establishing the distances in her new form was also something she had to get used to as she was a little surprised when they arrived much quicker than expected.

 

Wendy’s thoughts went to a certain movie when a certain archaeologist couple saw a long-necked dinosaur eat some leaves of a tree. She stared with the same wonderous eyes as the couple, but instead of looking up she was looking down at the creature whose head was just at the height of her breasts when its neck was most stretched out.

 

Wendy turned around to face Elsa and Cindy and asked if she could touch the creatures head.

 

“I don’t see why not, go ahead”, Elsa said.

 

Wendy was bending her legs, squatted down a little to get more at the height of this huge herbivore, using three fingers from her right hand to gently stroke his head. The skin of the animal felt smoother than she anticipated and it seemed to like her touch.

 

Cindy enjoyed watching Wendy petting the dinosaur. The kind satisfying affectionate look in her eyes while petting a simple creature like that was just too cute in her eyes.

 

When Wendy was finished, she stood up at full height again and stared in far in the distance in the direction of the other dinosaurs.

 

A famous tune from a certain movie about dinosaurs kept humming in her head and thoughts when she saw many more different dinosaurs in the distance with a beautiful picturesque background.

 

“Well Red, how do you like our old Jurassic section? Enormously interesting, isn’t it”, Cindy said.

 

Wendy was still letting it al sink in for a few seconds before giving a response.

 

“How,….how is this possible? This is absolutely amazing!”, Wendy said.

 

“What is the big deal about some simple animals”, Elsa asked.

 

“Are you kidding, these things were extinct for millions of years. I can’t believe I’m actually seeing this”, Wendy said more excited.

 

“Is this much more unbelievable than you growing into a giant”, Cindy said rolling her eyes a little.

 

“Stop with the giant stuff, we are normal-sized, Cindy. The tinies are the weird ones with their extremely small size”, Elsa said.

 

Wendy had to admit that growing into this giant form should be more epic than seeing miniature dinosaurs. instead of seeing them towering several stories above a 20-year-old college girl as they did in movies and documentaries. They still where   

 

“Hi there, you’re just in time for moving the animals to their new habitat underground”, An unknown female voice said.

 

From the bushes, 3 others emerged. Wendy turned her head towards where the voice came from and saw two shorter young giants coming out of the woods who were carrying cages with various types of dinosaurs inside of them. Wendy estimated them around 40 to 50 feet tall and looked like children between the ages of 5 to 11 years old to Wendy.

 

This is the first time she saw normal-sized children on the Island which meant the first time she saw giant children in general. However, what she saw behind them caught her attention more as at appeared to be a very tall woman from Asian descent in her late thirties. Wendy estimated her to be twice her height and around 8 times her mass which meant she had to be around 140 feet tall and completely dwarfed the 2 smaller giants.

 

She had some sort of lab coat outfit on and a name tag with Dr. Kawasaki on it.

 

Elsa and Cindy bowed to her to give her a Japanese greeting.

 

“Greetings, honorable Dr. Kawasaki, we didn’t know that you would be here”, Elsa said.

 

“You don’t have to be so formal with me Elsa, you too Cindy. I know we haven’t seen each other for a while, but you can call me Fumiko.”, the huge giantess said.

 

“You have grown a lot and have become quite the beautiful young woman, Elsa. How is your mother doing these days?”, Dr. Kawasaki said.

 

“She is fine mam”, Elsa said.

 

The huge giantess than turned her sights towards Wendy.

 

“And you must be Wendy, the new intern I heard so much about these past days. An honor to meet you. I’m Fumiko, Fumiko Kawasaki.”

 

She extended her right arm and hand towards Wendy instead of using Japanese greeting protocols.
In response, Wendy shook her much larger hand which made an impression on her.

 

“Pleasure to make your acquittance Dr. Kawasaki, it is a big honor to be here”, Wendy said.

Please call me Fumiko, Wendy.

 

Something appeared to be moving in Dr. Kawasaki’s breast pocket. Then arms and a head popped out.

It was a tiny man that seemed familiar to Wendy. Before Wendy could have a better look at him, the large Asian giantess moved her index finger towards the man and shoved him gently down until he wasn’t visible anymore.

 

“Hi there, big sis”, The smallest giant said which was Heidi Braun.

 

“Oh hello”, the other little older girl said to the group in front of her.

 

“Say hello to our new intern, girls”, Dr. Kawasaki said.

 

Heidi and Brenda complied as they walked towards Wendy.

Heidi started running and was therefore first the reach Wendy.

 

“Hi I’m Heidi, what’s your name lady”, Heidi said with childish excitement.

 

“I’m Wendy, nice to meet you Heidi”, Wendy said.

 

Brenda was clearly less excited as she walked up towards Wendy.

 

“Hi, my name is Brenda. Were you really a tiny before?”, Brenda said while hand gesturing with her thumb and index finger bending them with a 5 feet space between the fingertips, showing the length of a normal-sized human being.

 

“Yes, I was by your standards”, Wendy answered.

 

“What’s it like being so small and helpless.”, Brenda asked.

 

Wendy raised an eyebrow at those questions as she looked down upon this child that was much smaller than her.

 

“Look who’s talking, small fry”, Cindy said as she moved toward Brenda in a threatening manner.

 

That made Brenda shut up immediately and move backward.

 

“Enough of that Brenda, Wendy is here to help move the dinosaurs”, Dr. Kawasaki said.

 

“Sorry Dr. Kawasaki, I just can’t believe she was tiny a few days ago.”,

 

“You have to forgive Brenda, she can sometimes be blunt in her statements”, the doctor said.

 

“Brenda, she can’t be a tiny, she is bigger than you, even bigger than Elsa”, Heidi said annoying both of them.

 

That statement made the rest of the people there laugh, even Elsa and Brenda gave a chuckle.

When all the small talk was over, everyone started to go to work and sorted the cages. Most were small cages, only the longnecked dinosaurs and the larger predators were cramped into the bigger cages that barely fitted them.

 

 

 

Wendy, Cindy and Elsa had now caged most of the animals from the Jurassic habitat, said their goodbyes and left with all the cages they could carry.

 

They walked back at the same path until they saw two other figures in the distance. It was two other young females carrying cages.

 

Wendy could hear very faint panicking voices in their direction, but couldn’t make out the words. It was as if the voices came from very far away.

 

“Is that the wind echoing or do I hear voices from very far away?”, Wendy asked out loud.

 

“Cindy, you go ahead with Wendy back to the facility, I have something to do here first”, Elsa said.

 

“Ok, Wendy, let’s pick up the pace and go”, Cindy said.

 

They went their separate ways as Elsa quickly made hand signs to the two women with their cages to stay put.

 

Wendy looked back and saw Elsa pace towards the two women carrying cages far in the distance. The cages seem to be roughly the same size as her smaller ones filled with raptors. She couldn’t make out what animals were inside from that distance.

 

“Come, Wendy, let’s pick up the pace”, Cindy said.

 

Cindy led Wendy into the forest where the trees were higher and denser. Elsa and those other women were now out of Cindy’s and Wendy’s visual range.

 

Elsa was now nearing the 2 women who were waving at her happily but as Elsa came closer their facial expressions changed into worry as they saw the big blond with an annoyed facial expression.

 

“Hey, you two, what is the meaning of this”, Elsa asked.

 

“What do you mean, what did we do wrong, we just wanted to say hello”, One of them said.

 

“You came at us with these caged filled with tinies. That’s what”, Elsa said more annoyed.

 

“What’s the big deal”, The other giantess said.

 

“Did you not see that the new intern was with us. You almost showed your spoils of the hunt to her. She isn’t supposed to see this, not yet anyway.

You haven’t subdued them either. Wendy could hear their noises from far away. If she hadn’t spoken up about it, we would have been in an awkward position explaining the situation.

 

“Wait, was that girl the new intern? You’re kidding right?”, The giantess said surprised.

 

“Do I look like the kidding type. Off course she was and you two almost ruined it. Weren’t you there for your briefing?”, Elsa asked.

 

“Many apologies Ms. Elsa, we missed that and were still out searching for tiny trespassers from the outside world.”, One giantess said.

 

While the 3 giantesses were talking to each other, the people inside the cage tried to make sense of what was going on. Some were in a state of panic, some were there with their heads down as if they accepted their fate. One man was kicking at the cage bars and another woman was crying, both of them made the loudest noise.

 

Suddenly the sun was blocked from their view and replaced with a huge face with 2 blue piercing eyes. The man quickly let go of the steel bars, his bravado gone and walked slowly and shakingly back towards his seat and buckled his seatbelt again.

 

Short screams followed but quickly died down.

 

“This is why you should take the proper measures of sedating them, look at the mess inside. They are all scared and panicking and some of them are injured.”, Elsa said.

Elsa took a good look at the group of people inside. Some looked frightened and with utter disbelief. They were clearly from the outside world. The rest seemed to sit calmly and some defeated. They were escapes from different habitats within the Hive and were more accustomed to being around giants.

 

Elsa stood up from her squatted position after her inspection and resumed her conversation.

 

Unnoticed to the 3 behemoths and the captives a group of individuals watched them from the ground hiding in the bushes.

 

“Those poor people, can’t we do anything to help them.”, Lisa said.

 

“No, alas not, we can only save the ones they haven’t captured yet. Or free them from cages if the Giants aren’t around.”, A man said.

 

Roberta was being quit and wasn’t thinking about that situation right now. When seeing the other 2 giants that accompanied this huge blond girl, one of them, in particular, stood out to her. She seemed familiar. In fact, she seemed to somewhat resemble that red-haired girl who they met with Hans in the middle of the road a few days ago.

But it couldn’t be her and yet she resembled her when she got a glimpse of her from a distance.

 

“Lisa stop daydreaming. We have to get out of here now”, Roberta said as she followed the other men back to their hideout.

 

“Oh Yeah, sure, of course”, Lisa said.

 

Lisa ran after the group and as she catches up with them, she looked back one more time at the still unbelievable spectacle. She may have seen a T-Rex and some giants already a few days ago, but it was still getting hard to get used to these enormous beings walking around.

 

“Roberta, you saw a red-haired giantess too we saw walking with that blond girl a few hours ago.”, Lisa asked her friend.

 

“Yes, what about it”, Roberta said.

 

“She looked exactly like that girl that was with Hans a few days ago”, Lisa said.

 

Roberta looked at her weird, “Are you suggesting that giant monster and that girl are the same person”, Roberta said a little annoyed.

 

“I don’t know, it is just weird, but she really looks like her”

“I didn’t recognize her from close up looking up, but when seeing her from a distance…”, Lisa said.

 

“That is impossible”, Roberta said.

 

“Not necessarily, they were successful in growth development as of recently. But let us get some more distance between them and us before I tell you more about that, that should be our primary concern, agreed?”, One of the men said.

 

None in their group needed to be told twice and they double-time it out of there. Lisa and Roberta at some intervals looking back at were the giantesses stood until they were in the dense forest and disappeared out of their sights.

 

When Elsa was done, she relieved the 2 smaller giantesses of their quarry and their mission as she saw they were there all night by the dark-colored skin around their eyelids and were extremely tired. She couldn’t blame them for their mistakes.

“Let’s go to entrance D so we don’t accidentally stumble into Wendy and categorize our animals and tinies in the stockrooms as soon as possible”, Elsa said.

 

Elsewhere

On the top on one of the mountain ranges, Cindy and Wendy were standing onto the summit of the mountain again and decided to put down their cages and sat down to rest a little watch the sunset.

 

While Cindy was being called on her cellphone by Elsa, Wendy was deep in thought what she witnessed today. It seemed to be one wonder after the other since she came to this Island.

 

“Little people, giants, habitats, huge facilities, exotic wildlife, dinosaurs. Groundbreaking science and genetics. This couldn’t get any weirder, but it is fun and interesting”, Wendy thought out loud.

 

Standing on that mountain and seeing the shrunken world around her made her feel liberated like she felt for a few moments at her growth process. At that moment she didn't care if she ever saw the outside world again. She had become a creature with more capabilities than before, a powerful giant, a superhuman and this wonderful remote place was her home for now.

 

“O my gosh! Now I remember where I had seen that tiny man before that was in Dr. K’s pocket”, Wendy said.

 

Back at the base

After Dr. Kawasaki was done with her work and was seemingly alone walking in the hallway heading towards her home.

 

Fumiko was now nearing her apartment. She then arrived, opened the door with her key and sat on her couch. She took off her shoes and took a moment for herself.

 

From her pocket, two arms appeared and they tried to get a good grip on the outside fabric. Slowly a head popped out with a sweating face as it cost so much effort for the man to completely lift himself up. Finally, he got in a position where he could lean over the opening of the breast pocket without falling back down again.

 

“Well that was exciting climbing the inside of your pocket”, the man said.

 

“Oh,…. my apologies for not aiding you in the way out. Did you got a good rest in there, we’ll have to be careful next time. You could have been spotted by the others, my honorable little warrior.”

 

End of chapter 11

Dear readers, please review the chapters. It encourages and inspires the writer more to write faster and better. It also lets me know what reviewers like or dislike about it.

Thank you.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Reviews/comments are much appreciated.