- Text Size +

Simon knew he was never the most physically fit, but he hadn't expected to lose his footing like that. It felt like forever as he fell through the air screaming. He had fully anticipated splattering into a million pieces upon hitting the hard wood flooring, but instead he belly flopped and slid a few inches. The pain coming from his chest indicated that he may have broken a few ribs. As he gasped for breath and managed to lift himself onto his hands and knees he felt the floor shift suddenly, knocking him back on his chest and setting off a new round of pain throughout him. 

Marissa, on the other hand, felt pretty good. She had just beat another level of a game on her phone when she heard a tiny high-pitched sound from across the kitchen. At first she was completely confused, was something broken? She considered going upstairs and getting Sara, but then she found the source, something had fallen off of the table and onto the floor. A bug. 

"Another one?" she questioned aloud, wondering why there were so many of them in the house today. She scooted off the counter, landing with a loud thud that rattled the pots and pans of the kitchen and stepped toward the tiny insect that had invaded her kitchen.

Simon had just barely made it to his hands and knees when a shroud of darkness enveloped him, he got goosebumps as he slowly liften his head to see the building-sized silouette of a second-grader staring down at him. His instinct was to run, but he could barely limp as the giant stared down at him.

Marissa watched as the bug moved slowly away from her, she smiled. This one's gonna be easy, she thought as she knelt down next to the tiny bug. She slowly curled her pointer-finger to meet with her thumb and shifted her hand down to be right next to the bug, then, she flicked. 

Simon was trying the best he could. He felt a rush of wind as the giants face suddenly loomed directly over him. All he could think about was Becca living her last moments in a diaper, he knew it was too late for him, but he kept limping anyway. At this moment, Simon made the mistake of glancing behind him, to his horror and confusion a giant fingernail was slowly being lowered toward him. As he realized what was happening, it shot at him, hitting him flat in the back and sending his tiny body clear across the room. Simon instictually screamed at the pain of feeling his back obliterated by the giant nail. He slammed into the stainless steel oven and fell for the second him onto his ribs, which by this point were effectively a liquid. He wanted to scream again, but he could not spare the breath as blood leaked from his chest and back. 

Marissa was throughly impressed with her work. The bug flew across the room instantly and landed flat on the floor after hitting the oven. There was a little red splotch on the oven, but her mom probably wouldn't notice anyway. Marissa approached the bug once again, and to her surpise it was still squirming in its own fluid. 

"How are you still alive?" she questioned aloud. Then she had an idea, opening the cabinet next to her, she dug through it until she found what she was looking for. Her mom had used this bottle to get rid of other bugs, so it could probably help her finally get rid of this bug. She aimed the bottle down at the buggy and sprayed.

Simon tried to move but the pain was too great. He could only motion his arms as he saw the giantess pull out a can of raid. He stared into the nozzle as she put it an inch away from him and pressed it down. Within an instant he was drowning in an olympic swimming pools worth of chemicals. In the first second, his only goal was to keep his head above the waterline, but then the burning took over. He inhaled the chemical and immediatly felt his internal organs liquify, bubbling and burning through him as if he was somehow drowning and on fire at the same time. Simon felt the most excrusitating pain as his muscles seized and his entire body begin to liquidy, all the while being completely consious of the process. As he took his final breaths, a giant finger decended from above and poked him, giving him one last short burst of pain before he disintegrated.

Marissa held down the top of the can for a long time, more than her mom did for sure. The buggy was now swimming in the water that came out of the can. Marissa smiled as the bug bubbled like soda, she heard all sorts of funny sounds as the water puddle turned a little red. Out of pure curiousity, she poked the bug with her finger and saw it fall into a bunch of little sizzling pieces. She smiled again at a job well done. She happily stood up and got a paper towel, which soaked up the water and left nothing behind. She took her phone back out and went back into the living room.