- Text Size +

James felt the pain in his back and arms flare as he slid under the giant door, slightly ajar from Mary toddling through it moments before. As he got back on his feet, he could hear her crying behind him. She was probably startled. Least she's not covered in glass cuts, James thought to himself as he continually winced in pain.

As he began to make his way down the massive corridor he saw Sara round the corner ahead, as he traced in eyes up her massive figure clad in only pajama shorts and a bra, he saw her face splashed with concern. She made several strides as she passed overhead. James dodged her foot as it smashed down onto the wood floor beside him. He kept running, this was after all a chance to get away from his deadly sisters. Behind him he heard Sara exclaim:

"Oh my god what happened?"

James recognized it would only be minutes until Mary calmed down and Sara would realize she was missing a bug. He rounded the corner and faced a new dilemma: The Stairs. James knew there was no other way, so he made the first of many leaps from the top onto the first stair, crashing and rolling in pain. He continued this over several minutes until he began to reach the bottom. Once again the ground began to rumble, this time Marissa was the obstacle. Her sock clad foot crashed down next to James on the stairs, knocking him off the side and subjecting him to a 10 story fall onto the hard tile below. He was momentarily knocked out.

James awoke to distant female voices arguing. The pain was blistering and everywhere. Every cut on his body and every bone he'd broken in his most recent fall. As his vision began to transition from blurry to more or less clear, he saw a distant sparkle emerging from the kitchen. In an instant he realized what it was:The Metal Piece that started all of this.

With full-body pain, he dragged himself toward it, actually making some progress as he crawled over the divide between the hallway and the kitchen. As if on queue, the rumbling returned. Only this time it wasn't one set of rumbling, it was two. James picked up his pace, half crawling half sliding toward the object, only a few human feet away now. It was sitting on the floor right in front of him. 

 

In this moment, dark shadow cast over James. Before he could react, a massive weight obliterated his legs, crunching them into a red paste. Thick, purple, rope like threads gripped the crushed remains and dragged them across the white tile, turning it a deep red. James screamed out in pain and rolled over. The object had been his 7 year old sisters foot, usually small but now giant and shielded by a sock stained with his blood. He looked up at the distant ceiling light beaming down unto him. 

Closer to him, three faces looked down. His three sisters. Sara held Mary in her arms while Marissa retracted her foot away.

"Aww, I missed it." She announced as he bent over to get a better view of the bug. She grimaced. "It's really big and gross"

Mary giggled aloud at the sight. Kicking her legs as if she wanted to finish the bug off. 

Sara would never admit it but she was loving this. She instictually felt one of her hands drift down between her legs, slightly massaging her pajama bottoms. "Hey Marissa, Finish it off, but slowly"

Marrissa lifted her foot, happy to oblige.

Below, James had rolled back over, well aware of his fate. He couldn't help but look at the object right in front of him. He painfully dragged himself toward it, blood spilling from him as he writhed in pain. He felt the familiar shadow again overtake him as he readied himself to be finished off. Instead the foot stopped decending right above him, the smell wafting down and paralyzing James. The bitter salt entered his mouth and eyes, burning them as he began to scream to no avail. Then Marissa began to lower her foot.

The wall of dirty thread decended, pinning James under it and slowly grinding him into the tile. He screamed with all he had, knowing there was no escape as he felt his bones shatter and compact under it. The pressure was unbearable as he felt himself liquify and be absorbed into the socked foot. The pain unlike anything he had felt before, and then: Nothing.

Marrissa removed he foot, satisfied. "Got it" and went to get a paper towel. 

Sara smiled and blushed, "yes you did."