- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Author's Chapter Notes:

(I really like ballet flats, so I decided to whip this up in an effort to work on a story that has nothing to do with my go-to shoe, sandals/flip-flops.)


The Last Runner

Zack ran with every ounce of strength that he could muster, though his reserves were long since running low. His little legs were tired, that was not to say the same of him, exhausted, worn, and frightened after such a horrifying night. His heart beat frantically, his breathing frantic, and each second seemed to last longer than it actually was, but still, he ran. He pushed his body well past it limit; after all, his life literally depended on it.

An oval-esque shadow appeared around him. He looked upward just in time to see death above, falling down towards him. He made a sharp left turn and then--with all of his energy--leapt out from the dark grasp of the shadow, just as its heavy source hit the floor with a deafening crash. His body shaking, he slowly scrambled to his feet, all while his eyes were glued onto the source of what had almost claimed his life.

It was a foot. A massive foot.

Zack could barely wrap his mind around that fact. That a foot as long as a typical city bus was standing before him, making repeated attempts to crush him flat like some kind of insect.

The gigantic ped was clad with a pink ballet flat, adorned with a tiny pink bow at its mouth where one could see a small bit of cleavage of the pale toes within. Following upwards was an equally pale pillar of a leg that disappeared into a white dress two inches above the knee. Even higher, Zack could see the brown belt buckled around the sleeveless dress' midsection, and the breasts--C-cup--hidden beneath the cloth covering the titan's lean body. Even higher were two sapphires of eyes staring back at him, embedded with a youthful, soft face framed by strawberry blonde hair. Her deep blue irises pierced right into the very core of his being, and made him shudder.

This beautiful young woman, who went by the name Terri, did not have even a hint of malice on her face. In fact, she seemed excited, as if she was having fun.

Her pink lips curved into a smile, and immediately after, her foot lifted off of the floor, and moved over towards him. Zack did not waste any time, and took off running, just as the shoe hit the floor right behind him.

How could this have happened, he thought. How was this even possible? This was supposed to be a typical night out drinking and partying with his buddies, Milton, Calem, and Trevor, after a long and stressful workweek. The night started off promising enough, but soon became a haze of liquor and partying. Tried as he might, he could not recall just how he and his friends wound up in the state that they were in.

And yet, everything after their conscious awakening was all so vivid in his mind. How he and his friends had found themselves reduced to a miniscule size; how they were all on the wooden floor in a house that none of them recognized; how Terri--the massive giant that she was--made her presence known; and finally, how she showed them how serious she was, by squashing Calem under her foot, the twisting and grinding of his body into a hideous pulp making Zack and his friends wince and shriek in horror and flee for their own lives.

Milton's and then Trevor's own lives would both be brutally ended soon after, both of them squashed in a similar manner by Terri's flat. As Terri lifted her foot over Zack again, he could even see the wet blood and bits of flesh still staining the greyish-brown sole of her shoe. Her foot descended once more, and again Zack veered quickly to avoid meeting his friends' grisly fate as it crashed down behind him.

"Ugh, you're a fast one," Terri said as she pulled her foot back, smearing a slight red stain on the wooden floor in the process. "I'm surprised you still have any energy left in you."

Zack was just as surprised as well, but he was thankful that he did. After all, one more second left alive was another second with a chance of making it out of there with his life. No matter how bleak it seemed, he wanted to grab onto that chance with both hands and never let go. So he kept running, his legs like jelly but still refusing to give up.

With her other foot--its shoe too smeared with the reminders of his slain friends--Terri made another attempt at crushing him underfoot. Changing directions, Zack dodged her shoe, which struck the hard floor with a roar right behind him, so close that it whipped up a gust of dust. However, it immediately lifted off of the floor and went after him again, its shadow surrounding him. He hastened his pace to escape its shadow, successfully doing so right in the nick of time as the flat hit the ground a second time.

"Shit...!" Zack uttered as he fled from her pink shoe.

"I don't know what you hope to achieve," Terri spoke, her voice like thunder. "Look around. There's nowhere for you to run."

Zack did not want to believe it, as doing so would be tantamount to admitting defeat. But from a logical perspective, she was right. The rather dreary room that they were in--a room that seemed much bigger than it actually was due to his minuscule size--was almost completely barren of any furniture, with the only artifacts sitting against the walls far away from where he was. The door was shut, and there was no window to be seen, with the room illuminated with just a hanging light bulb from above. Though he could not be quite sure, everything beyond the room was quiet, perhaps eerily so. Both he and Terri were near the center of the room, meaning that his attempt to make it even close to the surrounding walls would be quite a trek that Terri would do her hardest to make as arduous as possible.

"But...!" Terri said as she slowly stalked behind him. "If you just stood still, it would be boring, so at least this way you're making it a little fun."

"Fun!?" Zack yelled back at her. "This isn't fun! This is murde-" He could not complete his sentence before he had to dodge her foot once more, stumbling out from its grasp as it struck the hard floor.

Terri giggled. "Yes, it's fun. ...For me. Maybe not for you, but I really don't care what you think."

Zack kept running. "You killed my friends!! How can you be so heartless!?"

"I can be whatever I want," Terri responded. "It's not like you can do anything about it."

"You'll pay for this, you evil bi- Augh!!" Once again, his words were interrupted, this time as Terri's foot swept from the side and struck his body, sending him sliding several feet across the polished floor and eventually slowing to a stop.

Sprawled out on the floor, Zack's left side of his torso ached severely; it was as if he had been struck by a truck. It was possible that he even had broken ribs. He clutched the side of his body with both hands and gritted his teeth as he reeled from the pain. As he nursed his wound, the floor shook with tremors all around him, the source of which being Terri's feet as they carried her over to where he presently was.

"Oops, I guess I hit you too hard," she mocked, before shrugging.

In no time at all, Terri had reached him, standing over him like a tall high rise skyscraper would to the average man. Looking up at her face high above, her attractive, youthful countenance that masked the cruel machinations of a killer, Zack was met with a dreadful feeling. No, that was not correct; he was already deathly afraid of this woman, especially after what she had done to his friends. Said feelings were magnified at that moment, as her blue eyes looked back down at them, piercing into his very soul. Her bright, admittedly-beautiful eyes that no one would ever guess belonged to such an evil person. Thinking on this sent shivers down his spine.

Zack tried to stand up to continue his nigh-futile attempt at escape, but found that his legs were disobeying him. Terri watched--perhaps in pity--as he tried to bring himself to his feet, but kept losing his balance. His body was in so much pain that it was interfering with his ability to stand, any attempt at exerting enough strength to do so would send a shock of pain through his body and cause him to fall back to the floor.

"Shit...!" Zack uttered.

"Can you stand?" Terri asked, placing her hands on her hips. "Don't tell me I broke you."

He tried his best to fight through the pain, gritting his teeth as he tried to exert as much strength as he could to climb back to his feet. The agony wreaked upon his body was excruciating, and eventually, after a tenth failed attempt at regaining his footing, he simply laid upon the floor, breathing heavily as he looked up at the evil woman above him.

"Is that it? No more running?" She sighed. "Oh well, guess that's the end of the game."

"Wait, please don't kill me!!" Faced with no other option, Zack resorted to pleading. He had little hope that it would do him any good, but he had to try. "I... I'll be your slave!! I'll do whatever you want! Just don't kill me!!"

Terri started tapping her foot on the floor, the sound of the flat repeatedly hitting the wood beating against his eardrums.

"An- ...Anything you want!! I'll do anything!!" He continued. "I'll clean your house, I'll cater to you, whatever you want done, I'll do it!!"

Even before he finished his spiel, Terri had started snickering which soon evolved into full-on laughter.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Terri scoffed. "I don't need a slave, especially not a small one like you! I mean, what are you good for? You're too small to do anything useful."

"But..." Zack could feel the last shred--a tiny shred at that--of hope wither away from his being.

"There's only one thing I need from you." She flashed a toothy grin. "And that's to sit still and let me squish you."

"No, please!" Zack pleaded, just as her hands broke away from her waist and her foot lifted off of the floor. "Don't do this!! NOOO!!!"

The sole of her ballet flat, still stained with the gore of his friends, moved over him, looming almost directly overhead and covering him with its shadow. He started to scream and attempted to move away from it, but once again his lower body betraying him.

Then, the shoe started its descent. He instinctively raised his hand up in an attempt to ward off the falling death above, but be very quickly and painfully learned that it was futile. The rubber sole pressed against his open palms, bending his arms backwards onto the floor as the dark ceiling fell upon him. He kept screaming as the flat struck his body and compressed it against the hard wood below him.


Zack's quiet cries and pleading were silenced as the front end of Terri's flat pressed down onto the floor, crushing the tiny man along with it with a violent squelch. Through the thin sole of her shoe, she could feel everything, his body crunching and breaking apart beneath her shoe, like some kind of lowly insect. Terri relished in the feeling: the feeling of crushing things underfoot, be it inanimate objects, actual bugs, or the men that she lured in and shrunk, it gave her a high, knowing the sheer power she demonstrated on beings lower and weaker than herself. She sighed in pleasure as her foot completely settled on the floor, completely flattening Zack underneath.

She exerted a bit more force upon the spot upon which he has been mashed, before lifting her heel slightly and twisting it back and forth, grinding and shredding the man even further. She licked her lips as she could still feel bits of bone being crunched mixed with the sticky squishing and gurgling of his blood. She kept this up for half a minute, continually pulverizing what was left of Zack into a fine red paste.

Still pressing her shoe against the floor, Terri slid her foot back, smearing a deep crimson trail of blood, flesh, cloth, and bone along with it from the large splatter marking the ground zero of Zack's murder. She quickly stepped down on the splatter and pulled it back again, creating another trail at a 10° angle away from the original. After smearing a third trail, she bent over to take a closer look at the mess that was once a tall, handsome brown-haired man; what remained was anything but, as everything about him had been utterly destroyed in an explosion of blood.

Standing back upright and lifted her right foot and turned its sole towards her to examine the mess upon the bottom of her flat, finding more of Zack's remains pressed into it. She smiled in satisfaction, before releasing her foot which returned to the floor. Brushing aside a bit of her reddish hair that had moved in front of her face, she looked around the small room. Zack was hardly the only stain in the room, as other red blots marked the spots upon which his three friends had also been stomped flat. Four guys was quite a haul, better than usual, she thought. Perhaps she should start going for more, but she did not want to draw suspicion upon herself; she had to be careful enough as it were.

But more men meant more of a mess to clean up once it was over. She sighed tiredly as she realized that it was time to gather up her cleaning utensils and bring them inside. However, the sigh was soon followed with an equally tired yawn. Not surprising, considering that it was well past midnight by that point, after what had already been a long day.

After thinking upon it briefly, she decided with a nod to put off the cleaning and sterilization until tomorrow morning, even at the risk of having the blood dry onto the polished wood and making it harder to clean up, but it was nothing she couldn't handle after a refreshing rest in bed.

Terri slipped her feet out from their shoes--as she did not want to track any blood through the rest of the house--and turned around and headed towards the room's exit, her bare feet slapping against the cool floor as she made her short journey. Upon arriving at the door, she opened it, and before exiting the room, reached over to the wall besides the doorway and flipped the light switch, turning off the light and cloaking the room in a darkness that became even blacker as she closed the door behind her.



[THE END]