- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

Salamandro had survived his encounter with Young Samson and Goliath. However, the teleportation device that he had spent decades perfecting in order to rob ships of their valuable cargo… Well that had been completely destroyed. Now armed only with a submarine equipped with a few weapons of his own design, Salamandro began searching for a place to establish an underwater base and relaunch his advanced piracy of the seas.

 

Just as he had found the perfect spot, he was surprised and disappointed to find two boys in orange-red diving suits swimming in the same area.

“Could one of them be Samson, after me again?” thought Salamandro, “Here I have an advantage or two. In that diving suit, Samson can’t snap his bracelets together, and without it, he can’t breathe down here.”

He extended the range of his camera to look through the transparent faceplates of the suits and saw that one boy had a broad face with blond hair. That one couldn’t be Samson, but the other had Samson’s black hair and seemed to have his facial features.

“It must be Samson and some new ally of his!” raged Salamandro, “What other boy would be diving way down here? I’m going to capture him and fuse the upper part of that suit shut, removing only the head plate. Then he’ll never be able to use his powers to my detriment again.”

Salamandro activated some of the controls on his submarine. A clamp extended from the front of the vessel and closed around Tom’s body (for Salamandro had mistaken Tom for Young Samson and not known who Tub was).

“Help!” said Tom, as he was yanked away by the clamp, “Tub, Scooby! Go get Moby!”

Tub fled with his pet sea otter Scooby.

“Bah, let the boy get away,” muttered Salamandro, “Once I have disabled Samson, his friend will be of no consequence. He hasn’t even brought that metamorphing mutt of his…. What the blazes is that?”

 

A huge white whale can swimming towards him at fantastic speed. It stopped just a few meters away from Salamandro’s submarine, bent its head forward and downward, and then blasted an unbelievably powerful spurt of water at the extension arm of the clamp, like a super powerful fire extinguisher. The mechanical arm snapped, and the controls to the clamp were severed in the process. Tom broke free and swam towards Moby.

“Geroni-Moby!” said Tom, “Go get him!”

“Breeble!” said Moby (translated from the whale’s speech with no further explanation of its meaning made possible).

The great white super whale charged at the submarine, smashing into it with his head. Several times he repeated this motion, until the submarine started to crumble, in spite of the superior material that Salamandro had used in its design. With the submarine, Moby Dick and the boys and Scooby all lined up, Salamandro slipped into an ejection capsule and left the ship from the side which was so far undamaged, and kept the ship between him and his opponents as he piloted the jet capsule in a suitable direction to accomplish this.

He had almost eluded them completely, when he saw another boy swimming towards him, accompanied by a dog in an aqualung.

“Goliath, and that’s Samson! That must have been some other kid I grabbed,” thought Salamandro.

Having arrived just in time to witness Moby Dick’s attack on Salamandro, Young Samson struck his bracelets together underwater, just once. His head and body would not enlarge enough to damage his diving gear, but Goliath would shatter his aqualung if he turned into a lion. Young Samson took on his powerful form and grabbed the capsule and swam with it, past the submarine and over to Tom and Tub. He motioned to the surface, and began swimming up.

Tom and Tub climbed aboard Moby Dick and were carried to the surface as well. Samson tore open Salamandro’s capsule and hauled him out.

“This time you’re going to the authorities, and Intelligence One will see to it that you’re put away for your piracy and the attempted abduction of these boys!” said Samson, as Goliath caught him up and dog paddled across the surface of the sea, “They’ve been missing for over a year, thanks to you.”

“I only met them today,” said Salamandro, “In fact all I did was try to take the black haired one, because I thought he was you.”

“That’s true,” said Tub, “We’ve been with Moby since our Uncle’s vessel got hit by a typhoon. We don’t even know the way home, and Moby’s now the only family we’ve got.”

“You could come back with us,” said Samson, “I’ve got a boat I rented floating nearby, and a plane on land. I can fly over the sea, so that Moby can follow and see where we end up, until we can find you a new place to live.”

“We’ll try it, so long as we don’t lose touch with Moby,” said Tom, “He can give you and  your dog a ride back to your boat too.”

“Well apart from his back, I don’t have any solid footing to launch a leap from, and it would be much faster than US swimming back,” said Samson, “Thanks for the offer. Okay Goliath, it’s aboard Moby Dick for you, and also for you, Salamandro.”

When they reached Samson’s boat, he both tied and chained up Salamandro securely, taking no chances.

“Thank your friend Moby for defeating one of my few sea based enemies,” said Samson, “Darvo and the Colossal Coral Creature and the Magnar missile thief of Evil Island were all ultimately foes that I faced on land, only near the water. I couldn’t have done as fast and efficient a job as Moby Dick did on Salamandro’s latest super sub.”

“I’m sure Moby thinks you’re welcome,” said Tub, “Follow our boat as close to shore as you can, Moby!”

With Salamando secured, Samson slapped his bracelets together above his head. To have done so with his arms out in front facing Goliath, would have turned the dog into a super lion. Instead, this motion turned Samson’s super powered long haired form back into a teenage boy. He piloted the boat back to the shore, returned it to the hire company, and then flew over the sea with Tom and Tub in his plane, and Scooby and Moby following below.

Once back in the United States of America, Tom and Tub were placed into the Hanna-Barbera Home For Adventurous Orphans.

Young Samson and Goliath returned to Intelligence One headquarters to contact Questor Two or the Phantom Cruiser for an update on the other teams’ missions.