- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Will Melissa be found?

For a fifth time Melissa heard someone near the shoe.   This time however the shoe did move and they moved substantially.  Melissa looked towards the opening of the shoe which then she realized that someone must be putting on the shoe again.  She screamed.  But her screams were again quickly muffled by the sock on the foot of the person who had put on the shoe. 

 

Karla finished tying her shoes and walked to her car.  Once in the car she turned on the A/C and threw the car into gear harder than she expected but she regained control of the car quickly and continued the normal drive to the gym, which was only a few minutes away by car. 

 

Melissa was in a world of hurt again.  Whenever Karla stepped down the air was forced out of her lungs and she was forced to try and breath with a sock stuffed into her mouth.  She was relieved when the weight was lifted off of her but then the shoe began to really heat up.  A slight rumble turned into a big rumble and Melissa had no idea what it was.  The only fact that she knew about her whereabouts was that she was inside a shoe.  The shoe was becoming hotter and hotter.  Melissa felt light headed again.  She passed out. 

 

Karla arrived at the gym and she could feel herself sweating even when just sitting in the car.  She had turned on her air in the car but she had only set the A/C for the top  vents because for all she knew her feet could survive being inside a hot shoe for more than a few hours.  Sure they would stink afterwards but nothing a bar soap wont take away. 

 

Ms. Fox was done with teaching for the day and was cleaning up the room when she stumbled across a book bag in one of the cubby holes that was near the microscopes.   It was Melissa’s but Ms. Fox had so many students that she never took note of who had a book bag and what it looked like.  She unfortunately did not open in and instead picked it up and took it with her to the lost and found box on the outside of the classroom.  She dropped it in without care as to where it landed.  She walked back inside the room gathered her things and walked back to her car to go home for the day.  Melissa was the last thought on her mind after a long day of teaching and she had completely forgotten about lending her shoes to Karla, her neighbor that morning.  Other things that were more important to her throughout the day had taken the for front of her thoughts and a pair of shoes was not one of them. 

 

Karla began her workout on the elliptical and  eventually transitioned to the treadmill.  She was sweating heavily when she was finished.  She went into the locker room to gather her things and then headed home. 

 

Melissa regained consciousness after the workout, however she was still groggy and since there was still a socked foot in her face it was hard for her not to pass out again but she mentally told herself to stay awake.  She could tell that the women who was wearing the shoe she was in was driving.  Soon that ended and now the motion of walking began again.  Then the walking was done and the foot started to slide itself out of the shoe.  Melissa managed to break free from the foot and she tumbled back to the insole.  She looked up at the lady and she did not recognize her.  She was about to yell but she saw a sock coming towards her.  Melissa ran back into the toe section of the shoe as the sock was stuff into the opening of the shoe.  Melissa ran back to the sock and tried to push it out but being wet and a lot of material Melissa was not able to budge the sock. 

 

Karla slipped off her shoes when she got home and stuffed her socks into them. 

 

It was not until Karla was doing laundry that she remembered she needed to wash her gym socks.  She went to the shoe room and plucked her gym socks out of the shoes and went back to doing laundry.  Unbeknownst to her that she knocked one of them on its side. 

 

Melissa was throwing to the outside of the shoe as it was knocked to its side.  She got up and ran towards the opening of the shoe.  She stumbled out of it like a drunk person but the fresh air soon had her revived.  She ran towards the hallway and she could hear footsteps approaching.  She saw Karla for the first time and knew that getting her attention would be a difficult task.  Especially since she knew that this person had no idea that she was even there. 

 

However, Karla went to the closet and got out a bucked and some rags.  She went back down the hallway and disappeared from the vantage point Melissa had.  She reappeared this time with the bucket full of water and the rags in the bucket.  Surprisingly she got down on her hands and knees and began scrubbing  the floor.  Melissa ran to where the bucket was and looked back at Karla.  She then stared right into Karla’s eyes as her gaze met Melissa’s gaze.  

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading and like always imput always helps with the story.