- Text Size +
Maya headed back towards the town with Francis and some soldiers in her hand. When they arrived at the city, she put Francis and the others down and bid them goodbye for now. Due to her size, Maya was not able to enter the city. She was both too large to go anywhere or do anything safely and she was not allowed by the king and queen. Although she could not enter the city, she could talk to them, which was what she intended to do now.

The sun was setting over the quite grand city. It was home to the king and queen, after all. It was nothing too spectacular to Maya, though. She was taller than the castle, so very little surprised her or garnered her respect. Ismat had, and that one women definitely had.

Maya walked along the outskirts of city and arrived at the castle. She had to bend down to be able to see through the dining room window. She saw that the king and queen were eating dinner together. The king had his back to her, but the queen saw her huge eye looking through the window and alerted her husband.

The king put down his napkin and got up. He waddled over to the window and opened it up. He was actually fairly young for the king, only his mid 40s. He had short brown hair that was starting to gray. He wasn't much of a fighter or a leader, and was king in mainly just title. Francis led most of the military expeditions and he had many other advisors to oversee things like taxes and politics for him. The queen was one of his best advisors. She was beautiful, with long blonde hair and strong features. She was much more fit to be a leader. She was cool headed and always knew what to do in a stressful situation.

"Ah, Maya," the king said. "You've returned. How did the battle fair?"

"Well..." Maya's voice trailed. She didn't have to talk to him in the same manner others did. She was respected by the king. He was also a little daunted by her. "What do you want to hear first, the good news or the bad news?"

"You know me. I'm very optimistic. Tell me the good news."

"The good news is that I guess you could say we 'won.'"

"And what do you mean by that? 'Won?'"

"Ismat, the Muslim giant, is dead. As is most of their army and a good chunk of ours. I didn't kill her, though."

"Well, who did?" The king asked.

"That's the bad news," Maya answered. "I'd weakened Ismat quite a bit. I was really drained of energy, so I couldn't have finished her off, when all of a sudden everyone hears this booming sound. We're all wondering what it is when a giant foot, way bigger than anything else, even her, and she was a mile tall, came and stepped on her. Completely destroyed her and probably a few hundred soldiers."

The king's face was deep in thought. He didn't say much for a while. The queen had been listening intently the whole time, and chimed in.

"How big was she, do you think?"

"Bigger than Ismat, and definitely bigger than me," Maya said. "She was probably over 50 miles, I'd say. You'd have to check with the mathematicians."

The queen let out a small gasp. She pushed her blonde hair back. The king managed to get something else out.

"Was she headed this way?"

"I'm not sure," Maya replied. "When you're that big, though, you can cover a lot of ground very fast. She wasn't headed this way when I left, but I wouldn't be surprised if she turned around and was headed over here."

One of the king's advisors ran into the room.

"Sorry, my lord," he said, "but I've received news about the recent battle. I have all the details here that are currently known and-"

"Sorry, Arthur, but looks like someone's already done your job," the king said, gesturing at Maya. She smiled.

"Oh," Arthur said. "I'm sorry to apologize, my lord."

"Not a problem, Art-"

Boom.

A low rumble sounded in the distance. Maya turned around, and the king, queen and Arthur looked out the window.

An enormous pair of feet was striding towards them with great speed. Boom. This must be the same woman that had crushed Ismat. She was bigger than before.

"Oh, no," the king muttered.

Maya could hear Francis already directing soldiers to positions and saw hundreds of men marching out of the city, towards the colossal woman. Boom. The feet were rapidly approaching the city. Francis stayed inside the walls, not too eager to fight another giant woman anytime soon, especially not one so much larger than Ismat.

BOOM.

The pair of feet stopped a few hundred feet from the city with earth shaking force. Literally. The castle walls, made of stone and hard materials hundreds of years before, rocked a bit from the step. Maya was shaken as well and nearly fell, while the king and many others actually did. The woman's feet were enormous. The toes were around the same height at Ismat, and Maya could only guess how large the woman was in her entirety. Her toenails were painted white, and a gold star was on the big toe of each foot. The soldiers continued their advance towards her. Maya thought they were much braver than her. And also more stupid than her. Maya was fairly brave, but she thought that charging at a woman whose toes alone were 10 times taller than her (and hundreds of times taller than the men) was just plain idiotic.

Then the giant talked and the men stopped their advance.