- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Oh boy. I guess I've returned. I already have the first three chapters written. I've had so much trouble posting this, but I finally managed to get it up. I will try to work on my other story, but I'm having some writers block at the moment. I'm not having the same problem with this one.
In the late 1100s in an alternate reality, tensions were brewing between the Christains and Muslims. There were powerful wizards that lived secluded from others, hidden in caves outside of cities like Jerusalem and Damascus. These wizards had rarely been seen by people, but their powers are felt by many. No one knew how many there were, except the wizards themselves, of course. Besides them, no one knew what powers they had, besides one that almost everyone knew about. They had the power to make people grow. It had only been used on women, and no one was sure why only them and who was chosen. There were other effects on the women that still remained a mystery. Certain circumstances may cause more growth or other strange changes. The women that had been affected by the wizards' power were used by the Christians and Muslims in their armies as weapons of war. Their superhuman strength, size and power made them formidable opponents in the battlefield. They could easily kill hundreds of men, which was why both sides usually had a giant with them to counter their opponents'. The first battle between the Christians and the Muslims in this Holy War was about to take place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir, I believe the enemy is up ahead," a soldier said.

"Thank you," General Francis replied.

General Francis and his army of Christians marched onward. They had been traveling for a few days now and were nearing the Muslim forces their intelligence had told them about.

"Sir, he's right. I can see their forces. They aren't too far," Maya said.

Maya was the giant in General Francis' army. She was 500 feet tall and quite a fighter. She had long brown hair and brown eyes as well. She was very attractive, especially to the soldiers. She had been a common peasant until she was "cursed" by a wizard. One of the side effects of the growing spell that was soon discovered was that, when another giant was killed, the killer grew by some amount. No one was sure how much they grew, as it seemed to be different each time. Frances and his men found out after Maya had killed her first giant. She was only around 20 feet tall at the time. This giant was nearly 50 feet tall, but she was no match for Maya. Maya seemed to be a natural born fighter. Maya grew of 100 feet after her first kill, but her subsequent kills never had netted her as much growth. She had never faced enemies that were too much larger than her, but she had heard that her upcoming opponent was difficult to beat. Ismat, the giant of the Muslim army Maya and the army was to be facing, was apparently very large. Maya would soon find out just how big she really was.

Maya and the soldiers trudged on. Her feet made small booms with each step and lightly shook the earth. To the normal sized people, this was a bit of a problem, as it messed with their balance while they fought other normal sized soldiers. Her bare toes were painted black, and the big toe of each foot had a small white lion on them, the insignia of the Christian armies.

The Muslims had been walking away from the Christian army, but a 500 foot tall women is not exactly quiet. The Muslims were soon alerted to the Christian's presence and turned to meet them. Ismat turned with her men. She had been farther away from Maya than the rest of the soldiers, so she appeared smaller than she really was. As she stepped forward, Maya got to see her true height. She was nearly a mile tall, way larger than anyone she had faced before. Her brown hair was slightly curly and went all the way down to the small of her back. She had bright blue eyes. She towered over everyone and everything else on the field.

Francis held up his hand for his men to stop. Ismat was huge compared to anything the men had seen, and none of the soldiers could say they were not the least bit scared. They had seen what Maya could do to the opposition; what could a woman ten times her size do to them?

"Men, do not be afraid," Francisaddressed the army. "She is big. Very big. I know this. But we have Maya. Maya may not be as big as her, but Maya is one hell of a fighter. I have no doubt that she will be able to take this woman down, with her strength and her wits. And do not forget that not only Maya can fight this woman. It may be more important for us to fight the ground troops, but if you can get a slash in on her, go for it. Remember, deus vult!"

The soldiers roared and cheered. Francis motioned his hand forward and his men started forward. The Muslim army copied their movement. Ismat stepped forward and shook the earth violently. Horses reigned back and whinnied in fear. Even Maya staggered a bit. Ismat had a smug look on her face; she obviously thought that the Christians would put up a measly fight.

The armies drew closer to each other. Francis put his head down and shouted to the army.

"Charge!"

At once the soldiers sprang forward. Ismat stopped suddenly, surprised at the courage of her foes. Her delay was short lived, though, and she stepped forward again, covering huge distance. Her massive foot slammed into the ground and onto the two colliding armies, kill hundreds of her own soldiers and the enemy's. Francis had not been stomped, but he was close to her toes. They loomed a few hundred feet above him, and he felt his confidence start to fade away, in awe and fear of just how big Ismat was.

Maya, however, remained intrepid. She was, like all of her comrades, daunted by Ismat. She still pushed onward, and ran towards her foe. It was too difficult for the blacksmiths to even attempt to make any sort of weapons for the giants, so they had to use only their own bodies to fight. Stomping on dozens of people, Maya ran to Ismat and beat savagely on her legs. Ismat recoiled a bit from the sudden shock but quickly recovered. She threw Maya off like she was nothing. She crushed some more soldiers unconsciously as she made her way toward Maya.

Maya was in some pain after the throw but got up. She once again ran to Ismat, though this time, instead of attacking her leg, she scaled it. It was a bit difficult to climb, and even harder to stay on with Ismat thrashing about trying to throw her off, but Maya climbed upwards. She had to climb high up and attack Ismat in important areas like her head if she was to win this fight.

Back down on the ground, a gruesome battle took place by Ismat's toes. Swords clashed and men screamed as they fell. Arrows rained from above and killed dozens of soldiers. Francis had personally killed a few men, but he was more of the brains behind the battle. Occasionally he swiped at Ismat's colossal toes. She never made any indication that she felt anything, not from just Francis' slashes but from any number of arrows or attacks on her feet.

Above, Maya continued to climb. Ismat was desperately trying to throw her off. Like Maya had heard stories about Ismat, Ismat had heard stories about Maya. She'd heard how Maya was a savage and smart fighter. Maya threw some hard punches on her way up that Ismat could no longer ignore. Despite her small size (in relation to Ismat, at least), she could dish out some heavy blows.

Maya reached her head and neck area and put all her force behind these punches. She struck Ismat in the back of her neck, and Ismat let out a deafening scream. All fighting on the ground momentarily stopped as the soldiers registered the noise. Maya kept the attack up and started her assault on Ismat's face. Ismat was in intense pain, but managed to get ahold of Maya. With Maya inside her two hands, Ismat prepared to throw her on the ground, but another strike from Maya to the neck made Ismat drop her. The one thing Maya hadn't thought about was the fall. She wasn't sure how her body would handle falling from a mile. Ismat was falling as well from Maya's devastating blow. With a boom, Ismat fell to the ground, crushing hundreds of soldiers beneath her body. Maya fell on top of her, so her landing wasn't as hard as she had expected. It wasn't soft, though.

Francis had been lucky enough to have been by Ismat's feet when she fell, meaning he was not in the "blast zone" of her body. He was by her enormous soles with some of his own men. Ismat stirred a little and her foot raised a little bit. She wasn't dead.

Maya wasn't doing too well either. She was completely out of energy and could no longer fight. She was just grateful that she hadn't died. Suddenly, a powerful boom sounded in the distance. It was louder than the sound of Ismat falling. The booms kept coming at regular intervals, each one louder than the last. Again, all fighting had stopped. Maya used her last bit of energy to get up and walk toward Francis. She reached him and pick him and a few fellow soldiers up, but not after stepping on some Muslim soldiers first.

Maya walked away from the battlefield slowly. She was too drained of energy to go fast. The booming only got louder, and shook the earth violently. Maya stumbled from the force of them.

Suddeny, a gigantic foot, dwarfing even Ismat, came into view, high up in the sky. The feminine foot descended from above and smashed down on top of the spot where Maya, Francis and the other few soldiers had been just moments before. Maya was knocked to the ground from the power to this woman's foot. She lifted her titanic foot off the ground and continued her stride forward. As she walked away, her foot began to grow a bit. Where Ismat and a few hundred soldiers were before was now just blood. This woman had obliterated the fighters in an instant. Maya looked up but she could not see any of the woman's features beyond her ankle, as she was too tall. Before today Maya had been one of the largest giants she knew; now, she knew that she really wasn't all that big.

Maya walked back towards the city where the king and queen lived, along with the largest army the Christians had. Maya and Francis weren't sure if they had won that battle, but they sure had quite the tale to tell, and quite possibly a much larger and much more dangerous enemy.