- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm going to try to update my other story tomorrow, but no promises.
"I would stop running if I were you."

Her loud voice resonated throughout the city and shook buildings. The men disobeyed Francis and listened to this woman. Her face was still unable to be seen. She wiggled her toes a bit, a small movement to her but one that rocked the men closest to them. Then she lifted her foot up in the air and put her big toe down, not close to the men but where her foot was. Again, the men shook and some fell. Her foot returned to its original position with mighty force.

"Where is your leader?" The titan asked.

All at once the soldiers began to shout to her. They pointed to the castle where the king was, but she couldn't see their tiny hands or hear their voices.

"Watch out," she said.

Long blonde hair descended from the sky, followed by a gigantic face. She had large, gray eyes and a rounded chin. She looked normal for someone so huge.

The long hair hang loosely and hit a few soldiers. Some went flying dozens of feet, but most were relatively unharmed. The men continued to shout and point, and she seemed to understand what they were saying.

"Thank you," she said, and took a step towards the castle. Her humongous foot passed over the soldiers, and a part of her toe accidentally stepped on a sort of the wall. The part was instantly destroyed, and surrounding parts were weakened. And, of course, there were the powerful tremors.

"Whoops," the woman said, unperturbed by the damage she caused.

Maya was standing outside the king's window still, and she was right where the woman wanted to see. As she bent over and looked at the puny castle, she saw Maya.

"Oh? Who's this?" She asked. Her colossal fingers reached down and picked Maya up. Maya was defenseless and unable to do anything. Maya was smaller than this woman's fingertips. She put Maya on the tip of her pointer finger and examined her with enormous, gray eyes.

"Who are you?" The woman demanded.

"I'm-I'm Maya," Maya managed. Truth be told, Maya was terrified. "I'm the, uh, the giant for one of the king's armies."

"Giant, eh? You're pretty big, alright." The woman laughed.

Maya didn't say anything. The woman set her down outside the walls.

"You just stay there, okay, giant?" The woman laughed again.

She leaned over and stuck her finger in the window. She tried to, at least. The massive digit destroyed the window and a good chuck of the top tower as well. Maya could hear the king's screaming, but the woman probably couldn't. Eventually, it seemed she had had enough, and she ripped off the top bit of the tower. It was minuscule in her hand; it was around the same size Maya had been in her hand.

"Well, that didn't go as expected," the woman said. "Why didn't you just come on out?"

"Who are you?" The king croaked. He was even more frightened than Maya.

"I do suppose I have been a little secretive so far," the giant admitted. "You can call me Anna. I came on behalf of Mother. She wanted me to talk to you, and maybe negotiate some treaties."

"Treaties? Mother? What are you talking about?" The king was bewildered.

"Treaties that you give a set amount of land to Mother, and she won't crush you. Or have one of her many diplomats, like myself, do the job for her."

The king said nothing. Maya could hear the queen gently crying next to him. The queen never lost her cool, but now she had.

"Why should I give anything to you?" The king asked.

"Were you not paying attention? I just said that you would very likely be crushed!" Anna's voice was rising. It was already very loud.

The king had only one hope left before he gave into Anna.

"Maya may not be as big as you, but she is a great fighter."

Maya flinched at that. The queen had always been better with these sorts of things. Maya was a good fighter, but in no way did she think she could take Anna.

"You're right. I mean, she is a{i}giant{/i} after all. Look at her. She's huge!" Anna giggled. Then her face turned serious. "Are you going to accept the deal or not?"

The king's frightful look returned. "F-fine. We can negotiate something. Just not now. Give me and my wife some time to think."

"That's what I like to hear! I'm glad you agreed, but I'm only going to give you one day. Mother doesn't like waiting," Anna said cheerfully.

She "gently" placed the top of the castle on the ground in the center of the city.

"See you tomorrow," she said happily, and thundered away, shaking the earth with each step.