- Text Size +
Lucy left Kevin on the kitchen table to eat his food while she came up with a good idea for helping him with his injuries.

"I'll be right back." She told him as she stood up from her chair, a strong gust of air from her sudden movement blowing some of Kevin's food away from him. It was just crumbs after all.

Opening up the door to the basement and flicking on the light switch, she was astounded by the amount of items that could fit inside one room. Kevin never was organised in his workplace and refused any help with cleaning, constantly telling her that he knew where everything went. If she moved anything, he said he would surely end up losing it.

She had never been down here alone since she never had a reason to. Kevin was always in the basement working on something 24/7, but it felt strange with him not being in the room.

Rummaging around all of the parts and tools, she found most of the materials she needed as well as a magnifying glass. Lucy took a quick glance at the plans for his shrink pad in the hopes that she might have some sort of sudden realisation. However, to Lucy it all looked like scribbles, random numbers and complicated diagrams.

Returning to the kitchen, Lucy found Kevin still eating his slice of apple, his tiny mouth taking microscopic chunks out of the sweet fruit.

"I got you some things for your injuries, I was thinking we could work together to get you fixed up." She said, trying to sound as cheerful as possible.

Looking down at Kevin, he seemed to acknowledge what she was saying, so she set some of the fabric and other materials she gathered down next to him on the kitchen table.

Lucy was careful not to drop anything on him and made sure to use tiny pieces of the fabric rather than large amounts. She hoped he would make himself some bandages and maybe crutches with the items she provided him with.

With everything on display for him, she sat back in her chair and watched him get to work.

---

Kevin was beyond greatful when Lucy came back with everything he needed to fix himself up. He was extremely weary after she almost killed him out of pity earlier, something he never expected to experience.

He found that if he didn't put any pressure on any of his injuries he was able to get along just fine.

Within a few hours, Kevin had made himself bandages around his torso, a makeshift cast for his arm and leg, as well as a pair of wood and plastic crutches.

Throughout the day, Kevin watched in wonderment as Lucy came and went, constantly checking up on him as she went about her day.

At one point, Lucy came back with a bowl of shallow water filled with bubbles. He spent almost an hour washing himself and letting the warm water heal his aches and pains. Afterwards he was able to relieve himself, before Lucy came back and retrieved the bowl.

Lucy got a phonecall from Darcy, confirming that they could stay for three days which would give them enough time to do some activities while they were in town. Kevin wished he would be able to join them, but instead had to concede that neither Darcy nor Keira could see him like this.

Lucy told them that Kevin was away on a business trip, playing it off as though Kevin simply didn't want to see Darcy, which was easy to do.

He wondered where Lucy would hide him for three days and whether he would be able to get much time alone with Lucy since her sisters would always be after her attention.

Finishing up his bandages, he felt much more relaxed and his broken leg was properly tended to, while his entire torso was wrapped with layer after layer of tough fabric to ensure he didn't sustain any other injuries.

He was worried about the next three days, because he would mostly be alone and subject to Lucy's availability. Lucy couldn't just take him everywhere and he would have no help in trying to repair the machine. It wouldn't be safe to fix the machine alone either, meaning he would have nothing to do but sit around and eat whatever Lucy feeds him.

She came back after talking on the phone, seeming somewhat conflicted. He could understand this, because she was putting her sisters over her husband's safety.

"So, Darcy and Keira will be here for three days, which means that I won't have a lot of time to spend with you. We have a number of options here, either you can come along with me in this small plastic container, or you can stay at home whenever I go out." Lucy told him, giving him a choice.

"For option one, walk to my right hand, option two, walk to my left hand." She said, placing both hands palm down on either side of him.

Kevin thought for a while, eventually deciding that he would rather not be stuck around doing nothing all day. He kind of wished she gave him more options.

Lucy watched as he slowly made his way to her right hand, before taking out the container he would be inside. It was originally used for her makeup, but she emptied it out so that it only had the soft inside. She did her best to clean it, but some of the product still remained in the corners and around the edges.

Placing it down on the table, she urged him to walk inside it, tilting it so that he could walk right in. She waited patiently as he limped along on his crutches, finally sliding to the bottom of the container. It was a crimson red colour with gold coloured trimmings, so it was easily diguised as something she would keep in her bag.

Inside it there was a mirror behind a sliding piece of plastic, so if she ever wanted to check on him, it would look like she was checking her reflection.

Kevin was impressed by her choice of transport, the inside was soft and warm plus it allowed some light in from the bottom, almost like a window.

Just to test its use, she placed the container in her jeans pocket and walked around for a while finding that it fit snugly inside.

Opening it up, she peered in and flashed Kevin a smile.

"Seems good enough to me, I'll keep you in here for a while so that you can get used to it, then I was thinking you could take a look at the shrink pad to see if you could fix it." She suggested, not wanting him to exert himself too much after what he had been through.

Lucy then went about her day, first of all washing the sheets from last night and then preparing the guest rooms for Darcy and Keira.

She also contemplated where to hide the shrink pad while Darcy and Keira were around, before deciding to just move it back to the basement.

Heading into the bedroom, Lucy looked at the machine and picked it up from both sides, holding it directly in front of her. It was heavier than she remembered, but recalled that Kevin helped her bring it upstairs last time.

She descended the stairs without any trouble, opening the basement door with her elbow. Lucy was almost at the floor of the basment when suddenly her sandal caught on one of the steps.

The machine went flying about ten feet in front of her, landing with a loud clang, before rolling and coming to a stop against the wall.

Lucy got up, nursing her scraped knee and patting the pocket where Kevin resided. Wincing at the pain from her leg, she stood up to test it. Nothing was broken, but it was scraped pretty bad.

Next, she headed over to where the shrink pad landed, inspecting it for any damage. With a sigh of relief, she noticed there were no cracks or anything that showed signs of damage. Poor Kevin must be wondering what the hell is going on.

Sitting down at the desk on the far side of the basement, she set down the shrink pad, before retrieving Kevin from his container.

Flipping it open, she carefully tipped it until he slid down and onto the surface of the desk.

"Ok, so I dropped the shrink pad... but there are no cracks or anything, so maybe it's fine." She winced, almost able to feel his cold stare of displeasure. The stress must be getting to her, making all these mistakes was a sure sign.

Kevin couldn't believe how clumsy Lucy was being. This was his only hope of getting back to his original size and she straight up dropped it on the hard floor of the basement. He wished she could hear him right now.

Calmly making his way over to the shrink pad, he realised there was no way he could climb it, so he waited patiently for Lucy to pick him up.

Lucy was suddenly very nervous about the machine not working. Even though it hadn't worked before, she was sure that it might be damaged internally now, thanks to her.

Allowing Kevin to walk onto her palm, she carefully transported him onto the shrink pad.

Silently she wished for it to work, so that she could hold him and tell him how sorry she was for everything.

Kevin would be surprised if the machine actually worked at all at this point, not even certain whether something could have been dislodged inside when she dropped it. Nevertheless, he changed the settings on the dial back to how there were previously, before hitting the button and waiting to see what happened.

At this point he didn't care what happened, he would be stuck at this height for the rest of his life anyway.

The shrink pad miraculously whirred to life, seemingly working despite being dropped.

A few seconds passed and he began to regain some height, growing a fraction of an inch at a time.

Then, all of a sudden the machine cut out, leaving him at 2 inches. It turns out that he was only able to reverse the previous calculation. In order to complete the next stage he would need to actually force reset the entire thing, which would require him to hook it up to his computer and run a list of commands.

Unfortunately, he was completely incapable of doing that at his height, and didn't bother wasting any energy trying to explain that to Lucy. Maybe in the next few days he would be able to figure out something. He was never good at charades anyway, regardless of his broken limbs.

"Oh no, what happened?" Lucy asked rhetorically, noticing that the machine cut out as he was regaining height.

He doubled in height, but for some reason it didn't go any further. Now he was much easier to see and she wouldn't have as much trouble moving him around.

"Is it broken?" She asked sheepishly, waiting for a signal from Kevin.

He nodded, seeing no other way of explaining the situation.

Lucy broke down crying, assuming that it was all her fault. She sat back with her hands over her eyes, quietly sobbing in front of Kevin who instantly regretted nodding his head.

"I'm so sorry Kevin, we'll figure something out I promise." She said, before quickly sweeping him up and depositing him inside the container.

She stood up and turned away from the shrink pad, before turning out the light and leaving the basement.

Lucy firmly believed that dropping the machine led to its malfunction, leading to her feeling extremely bad about herself.

It was already late in the day and she tried to think of anything she could do to make it up to Kevin. The thought of him being stuck like that for the foreseeable future was hard to come to terms with.

Lucy was so embarrassed by her actions that she was determined to do anything to make him feel better.

Heading into the bedroom, she sat down on the fresh bed covers and took out the container, opening it up and allowing Kevin to walk out on to the bedside table.

"So uhm, since we've both had such a bad day, I was wondering if you wanted to do anything... or would you rather just rest?" She asked, feeling dumb for thinking he wanted anything but sleep at this point.

He inevitably shook his head, which left Lucy dissapointed and upset.

Mentally preparing herself for tomorrow, she set her alarm for early the next morning. Darcy and Keira said they would be there early, which meant she needed a lot of sleep after the day she had.

Kevin on the other hand was relieved that he could get some well earned rest, having only slept for a few hours in the past two days, he was exhausted.

He watched as Lucy discarded her clothing, leaving on just her panties as she reached over him to set the alarm clock. Her naked breasts hung above him precariously before they were replaced by her smiling face.

"Goodnight." She whispered, before closing his container, sealing him in darkness.