- Text Size +

"Finally! It's complete, it works!" Kevin exclaimed, standing back in awe at his fully functional creation, which he named 'the shrink pad'. Hands on his head in disbelief, he had not expected it to work, seeing his cat shrink down to such a small size left his mind reeling with possibilites.

His wife Lucy peered into the basement after hearing him shouting, stepping over wires and stray electrical components as she made her way over to her husband.

"Is everything alright honey?" She asked, expecting there to be a burnt out piece of electrical equipment sitting in the corner, mentally preparing herself to get the fire extinguisher.

"Yes, everything is more than alright, it actually works!" Kevin pointed excitedly at the round disc laying in the middle of the basement. The device was made of polished metal and decorated with a dial, a small digital display and two buttons, one red and one green.

He had been working on this particular invention for over three months and had been unsuccessful with a few previous attempts, so Lucy was pleasantly surprised that he had succeeded for once.

"Wow, something that actually works, so what does it do?" She asked curiously, since Kevin had a tendancy to keep most of his inventions a secret until he completed them. She couldn't begin to guess what it was simply by looking at it.

"It shrinks things, here." He replied, holding out their pet cat Fluffles in the palm of his hand, no bigger than the size of his pinky finger.

"No way! Kevin, this is amazing, I had no idea you were making something like this." She said, while gently stroking the tiny cat.

Lucy was used to his creations being convenient and sometimes clever, but this surpassed everything he had ever made, she was shocked.

"I had to keep it a secret, I didn't want to get your hopes up like last time." He answered, referring to an earlier optimistic attempt.

"We have to tell the family about this, you've done something truly amazing here." Lucy suggested, feeling extremely proud of her husband.

"There will always be time for that, but for now why dont we just have some fun with it, it's always been a dream of mine to explore the world at a different scale." Kevin answered, reminding his wife of one of his biggest fantasies and his main innovations behind making it.

Restoring their pet Fluffles back to his previous size, the two set about moving the shrink pad out of the basement and into a more convenient location. It was still early in the morning, since Kevin had woken up early to add the final adjustments to his invention.

---

Kevin is 24 years old, stands at 5'10" and has short black hair with blue eyes, altogether a fairly average looking guy. He has always had an obsession when it comes to making inventions and always dreamed of making something unique. He has known Lucy since his childhood as his family were friends with her family. They got along very well, falling in love at a young age and getting married just three years ago. Kevin considers himself lucky that a girl such as Lucy would find him interesting and funny. After receiving many contracts and a steady income from his inventions, Kevin was able to provide for himself and Lucy ten times over, eventually retiring and creating inventions as a hobby instead.

Lucy is also 24 years old and stands an inch taller than Kevin at 5'11". She has shoulder length blonde hair and sharp blue eyes. Currently wearing a plain white tank top showing off her perfectly sized D-cup breasts and some black yoga pants, she looked all but irresistable. Lucy was offered a lucrative modelling career in the early years of their relationship and taking up the offer would have meant having to leave Kevin and her family behind while she went abroad. She turned down the offer in what was the biggest decision of her life, pinning all of her hopes on Kevin becoming a big success. Her husband's determination to provide for her only meant she loved him even more.

---

"Kevin, I seriously can't believe you've made this, I mean... the possibilites." Lucy wondered, all kinds of ideas swirling around her head.

"Me neither, it took many hours of thinking and lots of trial and error before I could get it close to what it is now." Kevin replied, staring with tired yet excited eyes at his newest invention, now sitting in the middle of their living room. "So are we ready to test it?"

"You're going to shrink yourself? Like right now?" Lucy asked, worry creeping in to her voice. "What if it doesn't work, if something goes wrong?"

"Well, in case this thing only shrinks cats and pieces of metal then it's been nice knowing you Lucy." He grinned, setting the dial to 3 feet. He was totally confident in his invention after seeing it work for the first time.

Kevin stepped onto the shrink pad, taking in a quick mental image of the room at his size before he went any further.

"Oh, honey are you sure about this? Maybe run some more tests first..." However before she could finish, he had already hit the green button and was surrounded in a white glow accompanied by a flash of light.

Lucy shielded her eyes as she watched her husband slowly shrink down to about half of his original height, bringing him to just below her waist. She could not believe how small he was and how it all happened in an instant. Her husband was a genius.

Kevin on the other hand had to steady himself as he had the sensation of going down a very fast elevator, with the whole room turning into a blurr for less than a second. Once he regained his senses, he was in total awe at the size of his wife, now almost twice his height and substantially heavier than him.

"Oh my god Kevin, you're tiny." She marvelled, stepping forward and measuring his height in relation to her body, the top of his head just reaching her waist.

"I told you it would be fine." He reminded, sensing that her nervousness was now gone.

"You look like you could pass as my child." Lucy laughed, ruffling his hair into a mess. Momentarily enjoying her more substantial height advantage over Kevin.

Kevin hugged her thigh as if it were a full grown person, amazed by how quickly he could go from hugging her at full height to this.

"So what do you think?" He asked, stepping back to get a view of her face past her protruding tank top.

"Honestly, this is really exciting and aside from the fortune you could make from this, I can see this being a lot of fun for both of us." She replied smiling. Almost seductively, she reached out and took Kevin in her arms, easily lifting him off the ground much to his surprise.

Lucy kissed her husband long and hard on the lips, a mixture of feelings going through both of them as she took it upon herself to relieve the tension. Kevin was overwhelmed by the power of her lips and tongue as she completely took control, her chest offering a warm cushion against his body.

After setting him down, Kevin was flustered and had to recover from the few seconds of bliss to regain his train of thought, finding it hard to concentrate when Lucy had that satisfied smirk on her face.

"How about we see how far I can go, really push it to its limits." Kevin suggested, looking forward to seeing his wife get even taller.

Lucy, now excited by the idea of helping him satisfy his dream, nodded her head in agreement, but still retained some worrying thoughts should anything go wrong.

"The machine needs a few minutes of cooldown between use, so we should be good to go in about five minutes." He informed her while walking around the room. "I can even shrink down a few of my other gadgets should I go any smaller, since I guess it could get pretty difficult to hear me at smaller sizes."

"Just exactly how small do you plan on going?" Lucy asked, not aware that he wanted to go much smaller than he already was.

"We'll see how far I can go, I'm sure I can trust you to look out for me." He answered, placing his full trust in his wife.

"Hmm, fine, as long as you think it's safe then I guess we can do that." Lucy said. "Besides, I guess this could be fun."