- Text Size +
Alex looked sheepishly up at Jessica's enormous eyes, which in turn looked back at him. Blushing, Jessica stood up and walked into a bathroom stall where she wouldn't be bothered for a few minutes.

"Alex!" She screamed quietly. "Oh my God, are you alright?"

Alex nodded and grimaced. He hurt all over.

"I'm so sorry, Alex! How'd you end up there? Oh, man..."

"I... slipped off the bench and fell in," he said. He didn't want Jessica to feel even worse knowing it was her fault.

"Oh, man, I'm so sorry! Oh... Were you in there all class?" She let out another moan of apology when Alex nodded. "It must've been terrible for you! Oh, I'm sorry Alex..."

Alex couldn't help but smile at Jessica's repeated apologies. He was glad he was in her protection and not someone else's. Jessica actually cared for him.

Jessica exited the stall and placed Alex on the bench near her clothes before getting dressed. Almost all the other girls were already finished, so she didn't have to worry about anyone seeing Alex. She put on deodorant and went to the bathroom before returning.

Normally Alex would be discreetly watching Jessica dress, but seeing as he was in so much pain, he just lay on his back and tried to ignore it.

Jessica slipped on her leather sandals and put on her backpack before scooping Alex up into her warm, comforting hands.

"Let's go home and we can get you fixed up, okay?" She said gently to comfort her tiny friend.

"Sounds good to me," Alex replied. "I'll have to tell my mom, though. She doesn't know yet."

Alex pulled out his phone and dialed his mom's number. After only a few short minutes of convincing his mom allowed him to go over. Alex relayed the news to Jessica as he pocketed his phone before his smile faded.

"Wait..." he said, thinking for a second. "Aw, man!"

"What?" Jessica asked, mildly confused.

"Don't we have to go see Ms. Stevens?"

"Dammit!" Jessica let out a loud sigh as she dramatically turned around and started to head the other way. "I completely forgot. Ugh, I hope whatever she wants is over quick."

Jessica begrudgingly walked upstairs as nearly every other kid walked downstairs and outside. She reluctantly turned the corner and entered 324, where sure enough Ms. Stevens was, with her shoes up on her desk. It seemed like a few other kids had crossed her as well, as some were already sitting and a couple straggled in after Jessica. There were six kids in all.

After all the students had entered the room, Ms. Stevens got out of her chair and closed the door. She turned around and looked over the students with an air of authority before a smile creeped over her lips, taunting the students.

"Well, you all know why you're here," she said loudly, hurting Alex's ears considerably. "Detention, one hour. You guys are getting off lucky..."

Ms. Stevens turned around and went to her desk. Students took this time to situate themselves, taking off their bags and taking their seats. Jessica took her bag off and placed Alex on the ground by her feet, giving him an apologetic smile.

"Alright," Ms. Stevens began. "You will fill out this form, and then you'll hand it in to me. Afterwards, you will stay seated. No homework, no phones, no notes, no talking. Understand?"

Six nods and Ms. Stevens began to hand out the papers. The rhymthic clack of her high heels filled Alex's ears, as well as the sounds of paper sliding and zippers opening.

Ms. Stevens made her way over to Jessica last. Her shoes slammed loudly into the floor, the volume and intensity growing with each step. Alex felt a sense of fear overcome him as she got closer to their desk. The earth trembled beneath her titanic heels. She stopped right before Jessica's desk, her feet mere hundreds of feet from Alex. Her final step sent Alex to the floor.

Ms. Stevens' toes were absolutely enormous. Painted black, they filled Alex's view, a menacing testament to her power and Alex's helplessness. Her toes were thousands of feet tall themselves, but they rested at least a mile up on the enormous platform of her heels.

"Ah, you, Jessica. Phones in class are never a good idea," she said to Jessica, her tone condescending. Jessica said nothing and took the paper.

Ms. Stevens tapped her foot gently. Deep, booming sounds filled the air as her foot went up and down, over and over. Alex became even more afraid as his mind raced, filled with thoughts of him being crushed in a multitude beneath Ms. Stevens' feet. He shook his head and looked away, though that did nothing to prevent his body from jumping around with every tap of her foot. She finally walked away, her thunderous footsteps growing quieter as she neared her desk.

Alex sighed and sat down, looking over at Jessica's feet as they moved around within her sandal. He was tired of feet. He was tired of being shrunk. He just wanted to be back to normal. He put his head in his hands and rubbed his face, looking to the sky, or, more accurately, the bottom of the desk.

For the next hour Alex waited patiently on the ground, lying on his back. He tried to ignore the fairly foul smell of Jessica's sweaty gym feet and the earthquakes from Ms. Stevens the best he could.

Finally he heard Ms. Stevens shout something and then a bunch of shoes started to shuffle around. Detention must be over. Jessica uncrossed her feet and put them on the ground, sending a minor tremor through it. She reached down and picked Alex up before gathering her materials and heading out.

Jessica walked to her car, carrying Alex in her hand. The air was warm and the sun was shining bright.

"Sorry about getting you in to detention," Alex said quietly to Jessica, somewhat embarrassed.

"It's alright," she replied, still walking. "It wasn't your fault. Besides, I have to take care of you. What would've happened if I wasn't?"

Alex nodded and looked ahead. Jessica soon reached her car and opened the door before placing her bag in the passenger seat and sitting down. She sighed and looked around.

"Now... what are we gonna do?" She asked. "I mean, where can I put you?"

"Put me on your sandal," Alex replied. "I've ridden with my mom there plenty of times. It's really not that bad, if I get into the right spot."

"You're sure? That seems a bit... dangerous. What if-"

"I'll be fine, really. I've done it lots of times and I've been okay every time."

"If you say so..."

Jessica placed her friend in the standard spot, right between the first and second toe on her brown sandal. She didn't say aloud, but Jessica marveled at just how small Alex was, even in comparison to just her toes. She made a mental note to be very careful on the drive home.

Jessica turned on the radio and headed home. She was mindful of how much pressure she put down and tried her best to avoid doing anything to Alex.

Alex, meanwhile, was going through the same ordeal he'd gone through a multitude of times already. Jessica's feet didn't smell too great after gym, but that was his only gripe. He could tell she was trying to make it comfortable for him. She spread her toes out so he wouldn't be hurt by them if she moved too much. Her toes were pretty warm and as a result comforting for Alex's still injured body.

The ride ended after a short drive. Jessica pulled into her driveway and turned the radio before checking on Alex.

"You okay?" She asked as she pulled him from between her toes.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he answered. "See? I told you it wasn't so bad."

Jessica nodded in agreement and gathered up her things before exiting the car. The hot June sun's effects were felt by everyone, including Alex and Jessica.

Jessica rummaged through her purse, looking for her keys. After a few seconds she pulled them out and opened the front door. As soon as she stepped inside a wave of cool air washed over Alex and Jessica. Immediately they began to feel better and started to relax.

Jessica closed the door and closed the door before walking into the kitchen. She turned on the sink and dropped her bag on the floor.

"Mom?" Jessica shouted, forgetting Alex was small and forcing him to cover his ears. She looked down at him and smiled apologetically before placing him down on the counter.

"Hmm... guess she's not home," Jessica said. "Or maybe she's downstairs. We can see her later. We have to, anyway."

Jessica washed her hands under the running water and then dried them in a beige towel. She pulled a water bottle out of her bag and took the cap off.

"Hey, Alex," Jessica began. "When was the last time you took a shower?"

Alex chuckled. He hadn't taken a shower in some days now, and he'd been next to so many feet he probably smelled terrible. He tried smelling himself, but he'd become so accustomed to the smell that he couldn't tell.

"Ha," he replied. "A couple of days, at least. Why? I can't take one. I can't even go under the faucet. The water droplets are bigger than me!"

"Well, I was thinking you might be able to bathe in a pool of sorts," she said.

Jessica filled the cap with water and set it down on the counter next to Alex. It again put into perspective how small he was. The cap was the size of a small city to Alex. Jessica delicately picked Alex up between her two fingers and placed him on the edge of the cap.

"Go on, I don't mind," Jessica giggled."

Alex turned a light red as he removed his clothes and tossed them off the side of the cap, falling a couple hundred feet. He felt a bit scared being on the edge but soon entered the water.

Alex fell some feet into the cool water. His head went under the water and he opened his eyes, looking at the clear water. He brought his head up above the water and threw his head back, rubbing the water off his face. For the first time he saw his body. He was covered in filth, plastered with dirt all over. Toe gunk was all on his body as well, and he happily rubbed it off. He scrubbed his body hard under the water, eager to finally be clean after these past couple days covered in complete grime and filth. Though he knew he would likely get dirty again in no time given the way things had been going, he was glad to be feeling fresh again.

Jessica had been doing homework while he was bathing, so he had to wait for her to look over at him before he could get out of the cap. Jessica smiled as she walked over and scooped his naked form out of the bottle cap. Alex blushed and tried to hide the fact that he had a slight erection. Luckily, it seemed as if she hadn't noticed.

Jessica gave him a tiny tissue to use as a towel, which Alex gladly accepted as he dried himself off. He put on his old, smelly clothes, as he had no others remotely close to his size. Now that he was clean, he could smell the foul scent coming from his clothes. He was glad he didn't smell like that anymore, but he might as well have since his clothes weren't clean. He'd have to clean them later.

Jessica picked Alex up and brought him into the living room, where she placed him down on the table.

"Feeling better?" She asked.

"Yeah," he replied. "I forgot how good it was to be clean."

"Hey, Alex, did you know we have tomorrow off?"

"Really?" Alex was pleasantly surprised. He didn't want to go to school and this sure was a nice treat.

"Yeah, nice, right?"

Alex nodded as Jessica slipped off her sandals to get more comfortable. She put her feet up on the couch beneath her and readjusted herself, putting her head in her hands and smiling down at Alex.

"So, Alex... what's it like being small?"

"Well, it's interesting," Alex laughed. "And dangerous. I mean, everything is so big. You know when you're looking up at a mountain or a cliff? It's like that, but even bigger, and it's everything. It's pretty humbling.

"It's also pretty scary as well. Everything could kill me, really. Even a drop of water. So whenever I'm around feet, or a person, I can't help but feel afraid, since any movement could kill me."

Jessica was listening intently, nodding every once in a while.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that here. I'll make sure nothing happened to you."

"Thanks," Alex replied, smiling. He felt safe when with Jessica, unlike when with his mom or sister. They could be unpredictable.

Suddenly, a door opened and then closed shortly after. A large weight hit the ground before the familiar clack of high heels echoed across the floors.

"Jessica?" A woman's voice called out.

"Well, that must be my mom," Jessica said quietly to Alex. "Let's go."
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for not updating for a while. Next chapter should introduce the final giantess for the story. The story should also be wrapping up soon