- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the first story I've written, so sorry if it's not that good or if there's not enough description or anything like that.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended
It was a warm, clear and crisp day outside. Alex got out of bed and decided he would go to the city today, although he didn't know what he would do.

Alex was 17 and a senior in high school. He had always been smart and a nice guy, but had never really made any friends besides the 2 or 3 he had. He wasn't hated or bullied, he was actually cool with everyone, though not friends with any of them. Alex was incredibly smart and had a few scholarship offers from some colleges, though he hadn't made up his mind yet.

Alex got dressed and brushed his teeth, then went downstairs for breakfast. It was a Saturday, so he had the whole day to himself.

As he entered the kitchen he was greeted by the smell of fresh potatoes and bacon being cooked. His sister Amanda and his mom, Sally, were already there. Amanda was eating while his mom was cooking breakfast for Alex.

Amanda was 21 and was already in college. She was beautiful, with long brown hair that was almost always pulled back into a ponytail. Right now it wasn't, however. She had been a cheerleader in high school and was one of the most popular girls. She was pretty smart as well. She had the whole package. She was outgoing and almost always happy. Alex thought having Amanda as a sister would have boosted his popularity, but it didn't. He didn't really mind though.

Alex's mom condone making breakfast and brought the food over to the table.

"Morning, Alex," she said kindly.

"Morning," Alex replied as he started eating his food.

Sally was in her late 30s but was still as beautiful as ever. That's where Amanda must have got her looks from. She had aged very well, although she wasn't even that old.Alex's mom had shoulder length brown hair and soft features. She was a great mother and was always there for Alex and Amanda.

"Mom, I'm going to go to the city after breakfast," Alex told her.

"To do what?" She asked.

"I don't know yet," Alex answered. "Maybe I'll do some shopping for something. I'm not sure. Some shoes possibly?"

"Okay Alex, but stay safe," she said.

After breakfast, Alex went back upstairs and grabbed his phone and some money. Then he headed out the door. They only lived about 5 minutes from the city, so he didn't take the car. Besides, he wanted to be outside on a day as nice as this.

Alex popped in his earbuds and started listening to music. He passed dozens of shops as he walked aimlessly. He went into a Vans store and started to look around. Alex lost track of time and was in there for a few hours. He started to get hungry so he went to a nearby restaurant.

After being seated, Alex looked over the menu and gave the waitress his order. He was hungry, but not that hungry, so he only ordered a burger. Suddenly, a bright flash of light caught his attention. It caught everyone else's attention as well.

Instinctively, he and everyone else went outside. The light was growing brighter by the second, and soon Alex couldn't keep his eyes open. He could hear gasps from all around and people questioning what on earth this light could be. The light became even brighter and eventually consumed everything. Alex looked away from the light, but everything else was incredibly brightened by the mysterious source. Then people around him began to fall down. One by one people fell, presumably unconscious. Then it was Alex's turn.
Chapter End Notes:
Any criticism or feedback is welcome.