- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A few people wanted this, so I tried my best to make it work, but unfortunately I could not. The people are just too small for nearly every task. This does make the women more powerful and in control, though, so that's a plus.
Alex took Sarah's phone out of his pocket.

"Sorry I took it from you, but I had to tell Amanda we were in the city," Alex said. "Mind if I use it again to call my mom? We need her back here soon."

Sarah nodded and punched in her passcode. Alex dialed his mom's number and waited, but no answer came. He tried a few more times and was met with the same result. He cursed under his breath and handed her back her phone.

"Well, we're alone again. Or, at least away from any giant women," Alex laughed. "You said if we had another chance to talk, you'd like to. Do you still want to?"

"I guess so," Sarah muttered in return. "Today's been so crazy. I just want it to be over already. I'm tired and could use a rest."

"Hey, you've fainted so many times today I've lost count, so you can't say you haven't rested today."

Sarah lightly punched him on the arm. "So, the two giants. They're your family, right? Why are they doing this? Is this like them?"

"Because they can," Alex answered. "They're bigger, they're in charge and they're gonna use their power over us to do whatever they want."

"I guess I can't really blame them," Sarah said. "I mean, if a shrunken city just appeared in my house then of course I'd check it out. And once I learned a bit more about it, I can't say I wouldn't at least consider having it do stuff for me."

"Sure beats a day at work, doesn't it?"

Sarah laughed.

The other citizens of the city has remained relatively quiet throughout the whole endeavor. A man approached him and Sarah in an unfriendly manner. He looked strikingly similar to Vick. Little hair, chubby, short.

"You there!" He shouted, pointing at Alex. "We've been hearing you talking to this girlie here. That giant is your sister? This is your house? What the hell, man? You gotta help us! You know her and the house!"

"I do, yeah," Alex admitted, "but she won't listen. She's going crazy with power. I already tried reasoning with her but she isn't paying attention."

"Argh! This is your fault! Why are we here? What is even going on?" The man screamed angrily.

"Hey! Calm down. This isn't my fault. I don't know how we shrunk or why we're in my house. I'm just as confused as you. I'm just like you guys, except I know the giants. That's good, because I might be able to communicate and reason with them better."

The man didn't say anything more and walked back towards the crowd of people gathered on the city's outskirts. People have him dirty and angry looks. Some looked away from him. He had no one's respect but Sarah's.

The familiar sound of booming snapped the people out of their scornful gaze. A few hours ago, Alex and Sarah would have been terrified. Now, however, they just rolled their eyes. There wasn't any real danger anymore. Sure, Amanda was dozens of miles tall and could easily crush them, but she wouldn't do that. They were useful to her for the time being. It was more embarrassing than anything.

The booms grew louder and the door to Amanda's room swing open. Amanda slammed her feet down right by the edge of the city on purpose. She wanted them to look at her feet. They smelled pretty nice, actually. She must have used some lotion or something on them in the shower. Alex noticed her toes were not red anymore. In fact, they were unpainted. Like before. Alex had an idea of what was coming.

"I put my feet there for a reason, you know," Amanda boomed. "My toes used to be red. Now they're not. I'm sure you all know what that means." Amanda smiled.

She sat down with tremendous force and postponed her feet so that the enormous toes were right in front of the city.

"Everyone, over here. Now." Amanda slammed her finger down on an area a few hundred feet from the city.

When everyone arrived at the designated location, Amanda set down a few bottles of nail polish.

"If you haven't already figured out by now, you guys are going to paint my toes!" Amanda beamed. "You see these colors? Since I'm so nice, I'm actually letting you guys choose what color you get to paint my toenails. Isn't that exciting?"

The bottles of polish were huge. They were much larger than any building and were similar in size to one of Amanda's toes. She set down four bottles of polish. White, turquoise, black and purple.

"Okay. When I say to, I want each one of you to walk to the nail polish you think would look best in my toes. Ready? Go!"

No one moved except Alex and Sarah. They knew enough by now to know not to disobey the giants. It seemed like very few others had learned this.

Amanda's smile dropped. "How many times do I have to tell you?"

Amanda was not happy. It was her third time telling the tiny people what to do, and the third time they'd disobeyed her. She had had enough. A punishment was necessary.

She picked up her huge foot and positioned it above the people, casting a dark shadow over then. People began to scream and run.

"Do NOT run! If you don't stop running right now, everyone will die!"

People stopped immediately. Amanda sure was good at instilling fear, Alex thought. Amanda used her big toe to squash a few dozen people on the outside of the crowd.

"That was your last chance. I'm done being leinant. Disobey me again, and I'll make sure it's the last time it'll happen. Now, do as I asked and choose a color!"

There was no hesitation from the crowd this time. Amanda watched intently with large eyes as the people gravitated towards different polished. When everyone had settled in, she noticed that a lot more people were at the turquoise polish than the others. Alex and Sarah were at it, too, though they honestly could care less what color her toes were.

"Turquoise, huh?" Amanda said. "I was gonna choose that one anyway. I guess it works out for both of us, then. Now..."

Amanda put her finger down on the carpet, signaling she wanted the people to go there. They didn't need to be told twice. When they arrived, she scooped them all up into her hand and dropped them onto her toe.

"Wow," Sarah said in disbelief.

Her toenail was larger than the city. It was like looking at an interminable field. In reality, it was just Alex's sister's big toenail. It really put everything into perspective. Not that Alex hadn't already realized how small he was.

"Okay!" Amanda boomed. "I'm going to put the brush in the polish and set it down on my toenail. Then it's up to you guys to do the rest!"

Amanda stayed true to her word and set the brush down on her nail. The bald man and Alex seemed like the leaders here, and so they led. They directed nearly everyone to the large portion on the end. They all put their tiny hands underneath the huge brush and lifted up with all their strength, but it was ineffectual. The brush didn't budge. It was about the same size as the buildings, so its weight was likely similar. There was no way the people could lift something as heavy as a skyscraper.

Amanda noticed the lack of painting and examined the situation. She laughed when she found out why nothing was being done.

"You're too small too even pick up the brush! What can I do with you, then? You guys are too small for virtually any task I might have for you! I guess for now just grab the brush while I paint."

The people again did as she said and held on as tightly as they could, though the force of her hand moving back and forth over her nail was too great. They were thrown off the brush and were basically useless.

Amanda sighed. "Get in my hand."

Amanda barely felt hundreds of tiny feet step onto her fingertip. She lowered them to the ground and painted her nails. She didn't say much, but no one dared step out of line.

When she'd finished painting her toes she flexed them and showed them off to the city.

"Don't they look great?" She said proudly.

The turquoise toes shines brightly and reflected the tiny city. After "admiring" the toes for a short while, Alex asked for Sarah's phone again and called his mom.

"Mom? When are you coming home?" He asked.

Sally barely heard her son over the sound of cars and music. "I'll be home in 10 minutes!" She yelled.

"Hurry! We need your help. Amanda's got us!"

Alex wasn't sure if his mom heard that last part, as she hung up soon after she answered his initial question.

"Well little 'slaves,' I'll be back in a bit. I'm hungry and I've no use for you right now. Remember, don't go anywhere or you know what will happen," she said cheerfully.

Her booming footsteps got quieter and quieter as she thundered off in the distance. Alex just hoped his mom would get home soon and save them from Amanda. He wasn't sure how much more he could take in one day. Luckily, it was almost over at this point.