- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I used this as a way to get the physical traits of Steve in a unique way!  

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Chapter 2 - Registered 5’9”

Standing at the counter, I picked up the flyer.  I read thoroughly the job details that were listed

It read:

As a drug tester you will be testing new prescription medication to test side-effects.  As payment for your work you will earn a $15,000 reward after a month of testing a specific medicine.  Please log on to the website listed on this flyer to register to become a drug tester, or with any questions.

“Sounds simple enough,” I mumbled quietly to myself.

I grabbed my phone, putting it in my pocket I thought to myself, “looks like I won’t be needing this.

I went into my bedroom and grabbed my backpack from behind the drum set.  Setting it down on the bed, I reached in and grabbed my laptop.  Taking it out of the pack, I walked back into the living room, making sure to grab the flyer the tall woman had given me at the front door.

While the laptop started up I read the instructions on the flyer one more time to make sure all my information was correct.  I was very excited, soon I’d be swimming in cash.

“$15,000 to do some simple drug testing, what a steal,” I thought to myself as my anticipation grew ever more.

My laptop finally booted up and I was greeted with my desktop.  I clicked on the icon for Firefox and waited for over two minutes for my homepage, YouTube, to appear.  Another shitty part of living in this apartment was the ridiculously slow internet loading speeds.  No matter how many of the people begged the landlord to upgrade to high speed internet he refused, claiming it would be far too expensive, or some other dumb reason.

When I finally logged onto the website that was listed on the flyer, I was greeted by an ad reading ‘Drug Testers Needed’ in big letters.  I quickly found the tab for ‘register to become a drug tester’ and clicked on it.

“Wow, they must really be desperate for these drug testers,” I thought as the page slowly buffered onto my monitor.

When the tab loaded I was looking at a register of all my personal information.  The page reminded me of the census my parents had gotten when I was younger.  A very strange form of job application, one that I had never before seen.  However, I shook off the strange feelings I was having and I quickly entered my physical traits.

Full Name: Stephen Jones

Height: 5’9”

Weight: 135 lbs

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

I filled in the rest with my phone number, email address, postal address, and apartment number.  Then clicked the button that said ‘enter’.  After a few short seconds I received an email stating my first drug to test will arrive via USPS tomorrow.

The description of the drug said it was planned to be used to reduce swelling in body tissue.  It didn’t seem too harmful from the description, however my assumption would prove wrong.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry for some excess wordiness, my original draft was 75 words too short.