- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A confession

We reached her village at dusk.  She laid Laura down on the ground and walked in the opening.  I stayed out of sight to avoid a fight or a trampling.  This wasn’t going to be easy, but I was going to have to make them understand that I cared for Ashley and loved her.  I watched as she went into her hut, she hugged her mother tightly, I miss having my mom hug me, but she grew at work.  I never know what happened to her like many kids.  It was all a blur and painful blur.

            Her mother’s jaw dropped.  Must have told her about the death of that clumsy one and Laura; this is when the shit is going to hit the fan.  I followed as she led her mother and now others to Laura’s lifeless body.  A few wept, but most just stood there, wondering, how could a young one die without being attacked by a man.  One question led to another and Ashley was caught in a lie. 

            “I killed her!”  This was the only way to keep punishment off of Ashley.   I rose from the highest point in the village far out of the reach of anyone trying to grab me.  Thou I was out of reach being attacked wasn’t out of mind as I lowered my hips and readied my tail.  “She attacked me, and I it was kill or be killed like it always is, and I wasn’t about to die.”  I could see the anger in there faces.  How could a man be so bold in there presence, it was unheard of. 

            “What’s your name shouted Ashley’s mom?” She wasn’t mad, or at least I couldn’t tell whether it was curiosity for me, or just plain indifference for the dead corpse next to her giant foot.

            “Reign, your daughter Ashley had nothing to do with Laura’s death.  And I saved her!”  An eyebrow peeked.

            “Ohh, you saved my little girl.”  She put her towering arm around Ashley’s shoulders and looked into her eyes.  “How did you save such a beautiful young lady, and a big one at that?”

            “I used a crane to move a skyway off of her.” 

            “Ashley!  I told you not to be in the city.  It’s dangerous there; those buildings aren’t what they used to be.  Your lucky you’re this size or I’d rinse your mouth out with soap begin so stupid like that.”  To hear a mother’s scorn made my heart go warm, but then again I haven’t had to hear that from my mom in five years, so I guess I’m a little bias.  “Then I guess we owe you thanks.”

            “Welcome, can I come down and talk to you and Ashley, without having to be in a defensive position?”  I had to talk to her about my feelings for her daughter.  And meeting the mother is never an easy thing before pre-cloud.  Now I have a mother that is close to 10 times my size, could crush my like an insect and one that is as battle hardened as me.  Nice tits thou.