- Text Size +

After spritzing some subtle, sweet perfume, Sophie stood in the mirror for a long time, wearing the outfit she meticulously decided would be appropriate. Her short pink dress hugged her curves nicely, if not a bit tighter over her chest. She wore her long hair down, which she continually twirled around her finger. She slipped her feet into white stilettos, adding length to her long legs.

 

She chuckled, remembering that she had put on her cute bra and panty set on as a confidence builder, but did not feel as confident as she had hoped as she prepped for the initial dinner meet with the sorority girls.

 

She repeatedly recited the mission statement, goals, and miscellaneous historical facts about Gamma Theta Sigma as she walked to the local 5-star restaurant where the dinner would be held, a few blocks down from the sorority house itself.

 

As she followed the crowd of young girls in a variety of dresses, another girl stood beside her, excitement brimming.

“Hi, I’m Gloria! Are you rushing with Gamma Theta Sigma as well?”

“Yes! I’m Sophie. Nice to meet you, Gloria.”

“I know it’s the best sorority on campus. I can’t wait to make all these new connections! Ugh, I hope I get in.”

 

“Yeah. Same here!”

 

She wasn’t sure whether to pity Gloria or admire her genuine desires to join this sorority. Girls like her are the ones who fall victim to the shit these sororities pull. She was definitely nicer than other girls in the crowd. Gloria was also very beautiful, with dark black curls and a tiny waist like hers. As Gloria turned, Sophie noticed how tight Gloria’s dress fit over her ass, almost sliding her dress up her leg an extra inch more. Sophie hiked up her skirt an extra inch just to match.

Eventually, Sophie and 20 other girls sat at assigned seats throughout the rented out dining hall. At the head of the hall sat ten especially well-dressed girls in matching outfits. The girl at the end of the row, easily the prettiest and domineering of the ten, stood up. As the blonde bombshell moved toward the mic, the entire room hushed over.

 

The queen bitch.

 

“As you probably know, my name is Kayleigh. I am the president of Gamma Theta Sigma. We have a fine institution immersed in tradition and legacy. It is an honor to be a part of Gamma Theta Sigma. Now is the time for us to bestow upon a few worthy candidates the opportunity of a lifetime…”

 

Sophie forced herself to avoid eye rolling. These entitled bitches…

 

“Excuse me. EXCUSE ME. You over there in the blue shirt or whatever.”

 

Sophie’s heart stopped, fearful as if Kayleigh had read her thoughts. Everyone turned to the back of the room. A girl, slightly larger than the others, pointed at herself in confusion.

 

“I’m sorry. Because Gamma Theta Sigma values health and nutrition, we cannot let you join—“

 

“But I work out and—“

 

“I’m standing all the way over here and can clearly see that it isn’t enough. You shouldn’t have even received the invite, so that’s a my-bad on my part. You can go now.”

 

The larger girl burst into tears and ran out the door.

 

What conniving bitches, thought Sophie, bringing in her rage. At least I have great starting material for my story…

The night went on with presentations about the sorority, with girls getting kicked out left and right: one girl happened to eat her meal too fast and was told to leave, another girl commented about how she was vegetarian and didn’t want to eat the steak served for her and was told to leave as well. Kayleigh smiled vindictively each time. Sophie knew she had to be on her best behavior.

 

Kayleigh and the current sorority members walked around, meeting each pledge and occasionally requesting girls to leave. They eventually sauntered over to Sophie’s seat.

 

“What’s your name?”

“Sophie,” she said, without missing a beat.

“Where are you from?”

“L.A.” Glendale, but close enough. They probably don’t want too many details.

“What do your parents do?”

“Father is a doctor. Mother stays at home.” Her heart started to race. Was that a good enough answer? Should I have lied and said something else?

Kayleigh looked Sophie up and down, grabbed Sophie’s dress strap, and checked the quality of the fabric between her fingers. “I like your dress.”

Sophie was caught off-guard but was able to mutter, “Thanks.”

“…do you like mine?” Kayleigh twirled around as her dress slightly rose from the spinning.

“Yes. It’s very pretty.”

 

“Yeah it is. That’s right.”

 

Kayleigh smirked and turned away, and she and her herd continued onto the next girl.

 

Sophie waited until their attentions were diverted, then let out a big sigh. Ugh, this night is dragging on… maybe I’ll shoot Duke a text.