- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello! This is the first chapter of the first story I have ever posted. Please comment so that I know that my work is enjoyed :).

 

Mary looked around but everything  . . . seemed off. She had stepped onto the teleporter pad like she had done every weekday morning for the pasts few years, but instead of suddenly being at her work she was still in the living room. Everything looked different for some strange reason. First of all there was no teleporter pad in this room. The second and by far the more disconcerting of the two things that she noticed was that everything appeared to be very far away. Looking down, Mary’s face went pale as she saw that the carpet fibers beneath her feet were almost as big as she was.

 

Mary had heard stories of people using the teleporter and never being seen again, but those stories were as common as stories of people suddenly bursting into flame or disappearing over the Bermuda Triangle. Frantically she racked her brain for a way to get out of this nightmare, but could think of nothing. It wasn’t as if she could make another teleporter pad - she was a receptionist not an engineer. After awhile of trying to think of a way home, Mary resolved that she would just have to learn to live in this world. The first thing would be to find a safe place to hide while she observed the people who lived in this world. She hoped that she wouldn’t be trapped in a world with no human companionship afterall. She saw a couch and ran as fast as she could to get under it. Mary was out of shape so she had to catch her breath under the coffee table but in short order she was safe under the couch. She found what appeared to be a halfway balled up sock to rest on as she waited.

 

-

 

Patty and Linda had been dating for years, but only recently had “taken the plunge” and moved in together. It was an adjustment for Linda. When she had lived with her parents, she kept her room a mess - something that just didn’t fly with Patty. After many harsh words between them, Linda had become a bit more reliable when it came to picking up after herself but still occasionally lapsed. Yesterday when she had gotten home she had taken off her socks and left them in the living room. Knowing Patty, if she didn’t get those socks out of the living room it was going to be a bad start of the day. Searching the sofa cushions, Linda found one of the socks and smelled it. Shrugging, she put the sock on the table so she could wear it today. Now where did she put that second sock . . .

 

-

 

Mary was resting on her sock cushion under the couch in the dark when she felt and heard the massive footsteps coming towards the couch. Making a noise that sounded suspiciously like a squeak, she tried to climb deeper into the sock in case the giant looked under the couch. Wanting to observe people and being discovered by a giant were two very different things she told herself. Peering out above the sock, Mary saw what appeared to be a pair of youthful female feet each the size of a boat approach the couch. Mary saw the bottom of the couch shake a bit then suddenly a face the size of a house filled the space between the couch and the carpet. It was a younger woman, perhaps in her early twenties with deep green eyes red hair, and a freckled face. Frozen in fear, Mary could not escape as the giantess’ massive head closed around her sock hideout and pulled it from under the couch. The world spun as the giant woman’s face left her vision, something she was grateful for until she saw one of those boat sized feet rushing towards her. She was shoved backwards through the sock by the smooth (if somewhat smelly) foot. It was dark in the sock, but some light did make it’s way through the gray cotton fabric and she was able to get a better look of her situation.

 

The foot had pressed her in front of it and she had slid between the big toe and the second toe. Looking down, the toenail of the smaller two toes seemed to be the small dining room table she had always eaten her dinners at. Mary’s observations were cut short as suddenly the world was thrust backwards and a massive impact caused her teeth to chatter. The giantess had taken her first step with her socks on. Knowing what came next, Mary was only partially surprised when the light outside the socks disappeared after a handful of these steps. The giant woman had put on her shoes. Mary was left with only the smell of unwashed feet and the rhythmic movement of being thrust backwards and then slammed on the ground as the unaware giantess continued her morning rituals.

 

-

 

After putting her shoes on, Linda went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and make sure her hair wasn’t too out of control. There was something in her sock, but she figured it was probably a loose thread or something. Before leaving she kissed the forehead of the still sleeping Patty and grabbed her purse. It was the city so she took the bus to her college. Sitting on the bus she wondered what she would do with the rest of the day after class let out.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Will Mary survive Linda's feet? Will she be discovered and what will happen to her when she is discovered? I will try to update this as often as is possible so please stay tuned!