- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Melissa is found for a moment.  

Hayley and Melissa had an excellent night together as they watched movies long into the night.  In the morning they got up and had breakfast and within the hour Hayley left since she had things to do for the day.  Meghan sighed as she watched Hayley and her Bugatti drive off down the neighborhood street and turn out of sight at the intersection.  Meghan then went back to her phone and checked to see if she had any unread messages. 

 

None were on her phone so she figured that she would see if she would try calling Melissa just to see if she was alright. 

 

Melissa was walking towards the far end of the living room where Meghan was looking at her phone when all of a sudden she realized that she even had it.  Her mind had been so focused on getting someone’s attention that this way of contacting someone slipped her mind.  It vibrated, not once, but multiple times.  It was Meghan calling her, but unfortunately for Melissa, the phone was too low on power for to answer. 

“Darn” She said under her breath. 

 

Meghan hung up and thought about going over to her house.  But what worried her is the possibility of Melissa just showing up.  Meghan walked over to the entryway of the living room.  Her giant socked foot unknowingly landed about an inch from the shrunken frame of Melissa.  Melissa had completely given up on screaming because she knew that Meghan would not hear her.  Her voice was just too small.  Even if Meghan were to hear her voice she would more than likely dismiss it as a noise from outside or write it off as something coming from the outside. 

 

Meghan slipped her socked feet into the shoes that Hayley had left behind, Melissa could see the sole of the shoe depress as Meghan got all of her foot inside the shoe.  Meghan then bent down to adjust the laces and Melissa then started running full speed towards Meghan.  Melissa got there as Meghan was switching her hands to the left shoe to adjust the laces.  Melissa paused and then started to shout and wave her hands like crazy.  Meghan’s hands paused and then Melissa noticed Meghan’s eyes fall on her. 

 

“Melissa??? Is that you???” Meghan said in confusion.

 “YES!! MEGHAN I SHRUNK MYSELF!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!” Melissa yelled with all her might. 

“I can’t make out what you are saying Melissa.” Meghan said right away when she thought Melissa was done talking.  In reality she cut off Melissa a little bit. 

“PUT ME IN YOUR EAR!!!” Melissa yelled again. 

 

Meghan looked at Melissa with a raised eyebrow.  She was confused, what did Melissa want her to do?  She saw Melissa say something again, then she saw her motion something. 

“Hold on Melissa I can barely see you.  I’m going to get a magnifying glass.” Meghan said with authority. 

 

With that she stood up to full height to go find a magnifying glass.  Melissa watched as she spun around and within a few seconds she was gone.  But Melissa could still hear the pounding of Meghan’s shoe hitting the floor from inside the kitchen.  Drawers were opening and closing.  Melissa thought about going to see if Meghan needed help but thought better of it.  Then Melissa’s most dreaded fear.  The phone in the house began to ring.  She heard Meghan stop walking around and her giant voice speaking. 

 

Then what Melissa feared.  Meghan began shuffling around. 

“Now, what was I doing?” Meghan said to herself.  Finding Melissa in the entryway had already slipped her mind as now she was thinking about getting to her nail appointment. 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

What will the next chapter hold in store for Melissa? Will she be able to get Meghan's attention again?