- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hayley and Meghan go shopping while Melissa is sleeping and trying to figure out what to do.  

“What do you think about this blouse?” Meghan asked Hayley. 

“That blouse looks so cute!” Hayley replied with enthusiasm.

“I’m going to get it!” Meghan said. 

 

Meghan went to the cashier and paid for the red almost silky like blouse.  Hayley had already bought a pair of Lei Jeans from Maurices and an Aero 87 shirt from Aeropostale. 

 

Hayley and Meghan walked out of Rue 21 and started to walk in the direction of Payless shoe source.  They walked in and went straight towards the boots, which coincidentally was right next to the sneakers.  Meghan looked at her White Nike shoes that she had on right now.  The mesh on the shoe was faded and the pink and black accents seemed like they were brighter than before. 

 

“You could get these! Black Brown riding boots are really nice!” Hayley said with excitement. 

 

The riding boots that Hayley had pointed out had a brown section for the first 3 inches below the knee and then the rest of the boot was black.  There was a zipper down the inside of the boot, and the boot had a square block heel that was maybe only a half inch in height. 

 

Meghan’s eyes lifted off of her own shoes and to the boots.  She liked the style but could not see herself wearing them all the time. 

“Maybe not Hayley.” Meghan said with a tone that did not sound exciting. 

 

With that she walked down the aisle where the running shoes were located at.  She saw a pair of Nike  Shox shoes and she fell in love with the silver outlining of the Nike swoosh and then the white leather all along the toe box. 

 

“I love these!” she said almost shouting.  She found her shoe size and went up to buy the shoes at the counter. 

“Oh, I almost forgot, I need some socks.” Meghan said cheerfully. 

“I’ll get some socks too.” Hayley said. 

 

They paid the cashier and walked to the car.  Meghan walked to the trunk and dropped her stuff while Hayley dropped her stuff in the backseat.   

 

Melissa woke up from her nap and realized that she had shifted during her nap.  She was not much of mover when sleeping.  She saw that she had moved off of the green blouse and closer to the sock. 

 

“What the hell??” She said quietly to herself.  She stood up and walked up to the cloth covered wall of the laundry bin.  She bunched up some fabric and starts to climb up.  But about five feet up she slipped and fell back onto the blouse.  This was going to be tougher than she thought. 

 

Melissa was about to sit back down when a loud echo sounded throughout the room and her for now laundry prison.  She looked all around.

 

“HELP!!! SOMEONE!!! HAYLEY!!! MEGHAN!!!!” Melissa shouted as loud as she could.  But all she got was more than likely Hayley’s heeled boots smacking the hardwood.  Then she saw Hayley walk across her field of vision. 

 

Hayley had come into the laundry room to get some hangers for Meghan’s clothes as well as her clothes.  As she turned she accidentally bumped the laundry basket over and sent dirty clothes spilling over the floor. 

 

Melissa’s world shook, then she tumbled down and hit the hardwood floor.  Luckily, none of the heavy clothes fell on her.  Melissa continued to tumble and a toe of a sock landed on her but she was able to crawl out. 

 

“I don’t have time to pick this up.” Hayley said under her breath while stomping the ground with right foot. 

 

The ground shook.   Melissa luckily was still sitting on her butt at this point.  She watched as Hayley’s big stride as she stepped near her again and down the hallway.  Melissa stood up and thought of a way to try and get Hayley’s and Meghan’s attention.  This was going to be harder than she thought as she walked from the clothes pile to the doorway, walking about 2 feet but to her 2 miles. 

 

Hayley walked back to Meghan who had just plopped herself on the couch after they had gotten home. 

“What’s wrong?” Hayley asked. 

“Nothing, just thinking about how Melissa could have stood you up.” Meghan responded with a quizzical look. 

“Don’t worry about it. I have made up my mind that I will get back at her when she stops her nonsense.” Hayley said with authority.

“Are you sure that’s the best way to go??” Meghan asked.

“Maybe, but we will have to find out when she shows up.” Hayley said again, sounding a bit annoyed. 

 

Meghan dropped the subject but began to think of what could have happened.  She was concerned where-as Hayley did not sound so concerned.  Meghan made up her mind. She would investigate Melissa’s disappearance the next day.    

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Reviews welcome.  Meghan investigates next chapter.