- Text Size +

The brilliant blue flash stung his eyes, blinding him as he fell forwards. His arms shot out, hard stone scraping his forearms as he collided with the floor. Marcie’s scream shot through his ears. He reached out, his vision swirling. His hand closed around hers as a roar of thunder exploded above them sending a pressure wave that rocked his churning stomach.

His eyes screwed tight as the ground shook. He pulled Marcie close, drawing her to his chest. The wind ripped at them, lashing his fiancé’s blonde locks across his face. The stone beneath them was cold and damp. He could feel her heart beating furiously with his as they curled together, pushing into a tight foetal position in an attempt to survive whatever madness has descended upon them.

The ground shook again, rumbling through his body and jarring his bones. He drew his lover closed, angling his shoulders so as to better protect her as the earth trembled. He tried to call out but the wind stole his words, tearing his voice from his throat.

It grew louder, the world fading to blackness as the stone upon which they cowered threatened to split. There was pressure above him, as though the universe was being smothered in the grip of some vast, unseen force.

He gritted his teeth and braced himself for the end.

And then she spoke.

‘Aww, aren’t they cute?’

Her mocking tones were deafening, the sound like a physical blow that fell upon where they huddled together in terror.

They looked up to the sky together. Marcie screamed, his heart leapt into his throat.

She stood over them, her hands on her hips, a wicked smile spreading across her lips. She was massive, inconceivably so. To either side of them her black cowgirl boots dominated the landscape. Her slender legs wrapped in thick fishnet stocks rose from them into the sky until disappearing into a pair of tight black hot pants fastened with a bullet belt. A pair of handcuffs swung from her hip, the sliver winking in the orange streetlight.

Her flat stomach was exposed. A black top, split low to reveal her ample bosom, enclosed the upper half of her torso and obscured the delicate rose tattoo that clung to her ribs like lace.

Her eyes brimmed with excitement; her teeth flashed white above a single lip ring as her grin widened.

Nikki, her name was Nikki.

She had told him her name when she approached him earlier in the bar. Marcie was in the bathroom when she had made her move. He was casually drinking a beer, taking in the views of the glam rock bar they had found themselves in. It was not their sort of thing but they were in a new city for a night and the bar was close to their hotel.

Nikki had swept towards him with confidence women of her beauty possessed. She drew close to him, asking his name, telling him hers, wanting to know if he wanted to go somewhere a bit more private.

She smelt of perfume and whisky and sweat. He had watched her dance mere minutes ago, writhing atop a podium with a group of girlfriends. Her lips were the colour of blood, a red so dark as to be almost black. Her hair was a matching shade and so too, curiously, were her eyes.

They narrowed when he declined her offer, albeit as politely as possible. Her gaze swept across him, her lip curling before she turned away, her boots clicking across the wooden floor.

She looked down at him now, a vision of victory. Marice whimpered at his side, frightened tears in his eyes. He tried to form words, to shout up at her, but was struck dumb.

‘Did you get him?’ A new voice called across the heavens. The sound of approaching footsteps rocked the earth as Nikki called back over her exposed shoulder, ‘Yeah, I got a spare one though.’

Marcie screamed again, burying her face in his shoulder as another titanic young woman stepped from the evening shadow. A shudder rumbled through them as her huge black platform heel crashed into the ground nearby. The top of her foot was exposed, her slender ankle enclosed with a clasp before disappearing into skin tight black leather trousers.

The newcomer stared down at them, her grey eyes flicking between the tiny people at her feet and the phone she held lazily in her manicured fingers. She brushed some of her thick black and pink curls behind her ear before committing her attention to her cell phone.

‘So do you want the other one Gem?’ Nikki continued, ‘I only want the guy. I guess I’ll need to split him from his girlfriend though first.’

Her booted foot struck forwards, the pointed tip grinding into the concrete mere inches from them. The boom of her step rattled their bones and caused Marcie to cry out with fright.

‘You,’ Nikki snarled, ‘get away from him now.’

‘No,’ Marcie sobbed, hugging him tighter, please!’

Nikki lifted her foot, hovering her sole over them, ‘Get the fuck away from him now,’ she commanded, ‘or I swear I’ll crush you both like bugs.’

In the shadow of her colossal foot he hugged his whimpering fiancé closer, ‘Do as she says Marce,’ he pleaded, kneading his forehead against hers, ‘it’ll be alright.’

‘What’s happening?’ Marcie blubbed, ‘Who is she? I don’t understand. What’s happening to us?’

‘It’ll be ok,’ he repeated, desperately trying to believe his own words, ‘please Marcie, just do as she says. It’ll be ok, I promise.’

‘I’m waiting!’ Nikki complained above them, lowering her foot a fraction causing the tiny girl beneath to shriek.

Marcie crawled out from the shadow of Nikki’s foot, her face pink and wet with tears, he body trembling. Nikki’s smile returned as she settled the toe of her boot between them.

‘Good,’ she grinned,’ so Gem, you want the girl or not?’

Gemma turned away from her phone and cast a bored look to the minuscule girl that trembled on the ground before her.

He threw himself forwards as Gemma’s pale hand descended towards his girlfriend. Nikki laughed at him, her foot slamming down, blocking his path. Her ankle twitched, smashing the side of her pointed boot into his chest. He crumpled, the air erupting from his lungs. The taste of blood filled his mouth as his slid, trembling to the cold concrete.

Marcie screamed; her eyes bulging with terror as Gemma’s fingers closed around her tiny body. He watched helplessly, his chest aflame with agony, as his fiancé was drawn up into the heavens. The ground rumbled as Nikki shifted her weight. Her shadow swallowed him. She giggled, her hand resting on her cocked hip as Gemma brought her prey to her face.

The small girl sobbed in the porcelain grip. Tears streaked down her face, trickling across her lips. ‘Please,’ she begged, ‘don’t, please.’ She stared, awestruck into the cold, grey eyes that examined her. She could barely believe what was happening. Gemma’s gaze bored into her, stripping her away in layers as if to inspect her very soul. She trembled, her mind reeling. There was nothing human in those eyes. She was like a machine, a robot, completely without mercy.

Nikki tapped her foot, deafening the injured creature that cowered beside it. ‘So do you want her or not?’ she repeated, patience draining from her.

Gemma’s attention lingered on her captive, her lips twisting slowly into an icy sneer. ‘Nah.’

She opened her grip.

The shrunken couple screamed together as Marcie plummeted through the air. He reached up for her, sobbing and screaming as she fell past Gemma’s hips towards the hard stone pavement. He tried to stand, he tried to do anything. He was helpless, useless.

Nikki burst into a fit of laughter, the booming sound almost swallowing the final cries of his fiancé as she streaked past Gemma’s ankle and crashed into the floor.

The wail that escaped him was primal, animalistic. He watched in horror as Marcie collided with the concrete, her scream falling silent leaving only Nikki’s sounds of amusement.

She stepped over him, removing the barrier that separated him from his beloved. He staggered forwards, his mind numb with grief as the two giant girls looked down upon him.

‘Oops,’ Gemma smirked before turning back to her phone.

Each step was weighted by iron. He clutched his chest with one hand; the other was tangled in his hair, gripping his skull so as to remain sane. His eyes were locked onto his lover’s broken body as he approached. Her legs were twisted at a horrid angle, blood pooled from beneath her hips.

She moved.

His heart raced in his chest. ‘Marcie!’ he screamed, throwing himself towards her, forcing his legs to move, ‘Marcie!’

Her head lifted slowly. Blood trickled from her lips. She lifted her hand towards him, her eyes two pale blue orbs shining out from between her tattered golden locks. She opened her mouth, her voice weak as she whispered his name. He dove towards her, barely two feet away on his scale, as the shadow fell upon her.

Gemma slammed her foot down. A sick crunch split the night as the earth buckled beneath him. The force of the blow knocked him from his feet as a plume of Marcie’s blood sprayed across his battered body.

Nikki squealed, clapping and jumping in place as Gemma ground her foot back and forth as though snuffing out a cigarette. ‘OMG Gem!’ Nikki giggled, ‘you’re so evil, I love it!’

A smile flickered across her face before turning back into a scowl. She lifted her foot, angling her heel to get a look at the sad smear of blood and bones that was pushed into the treads of her shoe. ‘Urgh,’ she groaned, ‘gross!’

‘Eww,’ Nikki laughed, ‘do you want me to make him lick it off? I know how precious you are with your shoes.’

Gemma considered it and shrugged, ‘Nah, just make sure he pays for his girlfriend getting blood all over my heels.’

Nikki smirked at her as she plucked the bloodstained man from where he lay quivering in the foetal position at her feet. ‘Oh don't you worry babe, I’ll definitely make him suffer.’

She opened the pocket of her hot pants with her thumb and dropped her prisoner inside. It snapped back into place, forcing him against her upper thigh. She patted him once, securing him into position.

‘You ready to go back in?’ she asked, her voice sickly sweet.

Gemma looked up from her phone. ‘Yeah, I just gotta send this aaaand done. Shots?’

‘Shots!’ Nikki agreed, her blood red smile as wide as ever.

Linking arms they walked back into the light and heat of the noisy bar, releasing a peal of eighties glam into the otherwise quiet night.

The night was still young.