- Text Size +

 

07. 2 inches. Aware. F/M/f/m.

My ex-girlfriend, the bitch. The second I started shrinking, she dumped me, and then later, she ended up dating my younger brother. You see, years ago, for some still unknown reason, random people across the world started getting smaller. Some lost only a few inches; others shrunk into nothing. I was semi-fortunate to have stopped shrinking when I got to two inches tall. I was also lucky enough to keep my computer programming job, so I guess things could be worse. I even met a girl my height on a dating website. But today was rough. My girlfriend and I were at my parent’s house for a family summer barbecue. We were sitting outside on a table, stacks of beef patties and condiment bottles towering over us, when my brother and my ex arrived. “Fuck, I use to date her before I shrunk,” I said, as the two walked around the backyard saying hello to our family members. I actually hadn’t seen my ex since I’d gotten this small, so the sight of her, so gigantic, wearing a thin summer dress, her long beautiful hair shining in the sun… It made me sick, and completely powerless. The girl that broke my heart and abandoned me when I needed her most, I was the smaller than her pinky finger. I just wanted to hide, but I had nowhere to go. Finally, she noticed us. Instead of simply walking straight over to us, she pretended to wander around the party, the whole time keeping eye contact on me. When she made it to the table, she acts as if she doesn’t notice us and starts to eat from a bowl of chips next to us. She massive frame covers the sky above, covering us in shadow, her incredible cleavage mocking our tiny bodies. “Oh hey, I didn’t even see you two!” She finally acknowledged our existence and brings her face down, her long hair draping around us. “So hey, how’ve you been, is this your new lady friend?” My ex smiles down at us and places her hands palm down around us. Her left hand thumb is resting on the table next to me, her thumbnail long and unpainted. My girlfriend jumps up, scared at the giant woman before us, unsure as to how friendly will be to me. I stand up as well, her resting thumb half my height, it’s length my height. “Oh, don’t stand up for me, I’m just coming to say hello. Man, look at you!” My ex leans back up to her full height, still blocking out the sun, her long blond hair flowing in the gentle breeze. She lifts her left hand off the table and brings her index finger down over me and pats me on head, knocking me off my feet onto my knees. “Even if you answered me, I wouldn’t be able to hear you. Poor thing. I’m doing well. I’m sure you care. Your brother just got a big promotion and is doing great. He’s taking great care of me.” I’m humiliated and embarrassed in front of my current girlfriend, pushed down and emasculated by my ex. “So let me see your new little girl!” Suddenly her right hand slides across the table. My ex’s thumb and index finger pinch my girlfriend, and she lifted up to my ex’s face. I jump up and rush towards where my she once stood but can only stare up helplessly as she is dangling between the giant fingers high above me. My ex brings her to her massive eye. “Well lookie here! She seems pretty cute, from what I can tell. Maybe a little homely, but cute no doubt. Probably hard to find someone as tiny as you. Slim pickings, I’d say.” She pulls my girlfriend away from her eye and places her into the palm of her left hand. “Yep, a small little thing, but I guess that should be okay for you. Neat.” Her hand lowers back to the table next to me, her long fingers stretching out above my tiny frame. “Go ahead, hop off now.” My girlfriend walks to the edge of the giant’s hand and jumps back onto the table. She runs over to me and hugs me, staring back up at my ex still towering above us. My brother runs over and puts his hands onto my ex’s shoulders. “Quit tormenting the little people. C’mon, let’s get a drink. Sorry you two.” My ex smiles and softly chuckles, as she’s led away from the table. “Later, you two. Be careful today.” Her hand in front of us rises, and my ex gives me a quick wink. And the party’s just started.