- Text Size +

 

03. ½ inch. Aware. F/M/m.

03. ½ inch. Aware. F/M/m.

My wife had been ignoring me for the past few months, ever since I'd mysteriously shrunk down to half an inch tall. At first she was caring, coming home early from work, feeding me well prepared meals, making sure my life as a tiny was decent. But lately, things have changed. Last Saturday night, she was getting dressed to go out, Lord knows where. She left me on the floor, her high heels stepping all around me as she prepared for her evening. Every so often her foot would slam down in front of me, and I'd recoil backwards. She'd look down and mutter, "Be careful, little man. Don't wanna get crushed." After a bit she went out, and I was left stranded on our floor, hoping for her eventual return. I found a comfortable spot beside the nightstand in our bedroom while several hours past. Finally there was a sound from the front of the house as my wife returned. With someone else. I could hear her stumble towards the bedroom, her laughing with another man. I could do nothing but look up as my wife walked into the room, hand and hand with an unknown man. She kicked off her heels and fell onto the bed backwards as the man rested atop her. Furious, I stomped over to them, completely disregarding our size difference. My love, my wife, was making out with some stranger. I marched over to her bare feet resting on the floor. I past her towering toes to the side of her right foot and pounded my fist on it, saying, "Hey, what the fuck, stop this!" Her foot twitched and tossed me onto my back. The polished black dress shoe of her lover slammed to the floor next to me, and I hurriedly ran back to her foot. I tossed my body onto the top of her foot and bit her skin. My wife flinched again and pushed the man off her. Twisted on my back staring up, she looked down at me and picked me up, pinching my shirt between her fingernails. She coldly uttered, "He's giving me what you can't." She held me helpless in front of her face, shaking her hand as a display of her power. I was speechless, seeing the final break in our marriage. She slowly lowered me to the floor, depositing me next to her feet. The giant couple resumed going at it. "Wait, is this okay?" I heard the man say. She replied, "What is that little fuck going to do to stop us?" I ran and hid in the corner of the room. They made love, and I did nothing, because, really, what could I do? The best I could hope for us surviving. Life is hard, and the life of a tiny person, a speck compared to them, is worth nothing. I sit and sob in my corner, and hope that she doesn’t forget about me. It’s, I suppose, the most I can hope for. Such is life.