- Text Size +

 

10. 1 inch. Aware. F/m.

I had just moved to a new town and luckily found a job at a nearby place bartending. The female bartender there training me was pretty, tall, but kinda mean. I hated working with her. She treated me like an idiot, even though I had been bartending for years. God, I couldn't wait until I was done training with her so I could have my own solo shifts. After another long night of work, at around 3am, we lock the front door of the bar and head to our cars, parked next to one another. I give her a goodnight nod as we get in our cars, but shit, mine doesn't start. Her's turns on just fine, her headlamps light up just fine. I jump out of my vehicle and run to her car door. She rolls down her window, and I ask, "Uh, hey, I'm sorry, but my battery seems to be dead. Do you have any jumper cables?" She doesn't, and neither do I. Hell. I remember that she had mentioned she lives near me and ask if she could drop me off at my house. Ugh, I'll deal with my car tomorrow. I look into her car and see it jammed full with boxes and shit. She responds, "The problem is I'm moving at the moment, and my car is full of crap I couldn't drop off today. But, wait, if you want..." She gets out of her car and walks around to her trunk. She opens her trunk and then a box and pulls out this device. "I have this shrink ray. I could shrink you down so you'd fit in my car, and then unshrink you at your house." Hell, it's late, I'm tired, I want to go home. She offers to shrink down to one inch tall, put me in her cup holder, and drive me home. Okay, then, I don't live far away. She calibrates her shrink ray, points it at me, and POW, I'm instantly one inch tall. She takes a few steps forward, and I'm immediately staring at her red painted toes sitting in her dirty work sandals, the nail of her big toe slightly long, jutting out above my head. I feel ridiculous at this tiny size. I turn my gaze upward and see my massive co-worker peering down at me. She giggles and lowers her hand next to me. I place my hands on her upturned palm and jump onto her hand. She brings me up to her face and laughs at me, "Okay, little guy, let's go." She walks back to her car, gets in, and tilts her hand into the cup holder between the seats. I slide down her palm, down her fingers, and fall on my ass onto the plastic cup holder. We begin our trip to my place. I gaze up at her the entire time as she drives. At red lights, she looks down at my small frame and chuckles. “Doing okay down there, little guy?” We finally arrive at my house, and she lowers her right hand toward me and gently picks me up between her thumb and index finger. As I’m squished in between her fingers, she exits her car and walks up the stairs to my porch. She places her hand near the ground and drops me carelessly at her feet. As I’m once again confronted by her massive toes, she leans down and says, “Alright, little man, I’m God damn tired. Lemme reverse this shrink ray so I can get the fuck home.” She twiddles with the knobs for a while, all the time I’m standing restlessly at the feet of a woman that doesn’t respect or even like me. I’m nervous as hell right now, what is taking so long, I wonder. She finally leans down towards my tiny frame and says, “Okay, problem here. The batteries are dead. This shrink ray is going to take an hour at least to charge back up so I can unshrink you. And of course the charger is back at my place. Looks like we’re both headed back there. Sorry, kiddo.”