- Text Size +

  Time lost most of its meaning for Ben and Jenna. They knew not whether glorious day or majestic night graced the outside world. They had no idea how many hours, days... or even weeks had passed while trapped in their plastic wrapped prison. They drifted between sleep and quiet talk of lives, people and even jobs sorely missed.

 

  At some point, seemingly distant yet recent all the same, the couple had become aware of other impossibilities to top-off the list of inexplicable changes to their bodies. Neither had felt hunger or thirst since the last day they were together at home. Also, they had not yet experienced any feelings associated with needing a bathroom.

 

  Ben was adamant that they were still fleshy organics, rather than androids or some such nonsense. Being in an artificial body had been the only plausible explanation they could muster for a time, but neither of the tiny people was convinced. Both felt their heartbeats and all other sensations across their bodies as keenly as ever. They felt totally normal.

 

  Until understanding presented itself voluntarily, the perplexed pair resigned themselves to the temporarily acceptable idea that 'magic' explained all that escaped human reasoning. Such whimsical ideas sufficed for generations upon generations of God-fearing, paranoid medieval individuals... so why not present day lost and confused souls? It was enough for them, for now.

 

  The pitch-black and the unfathomable passage of time triggered moments of panic every so often, but a tender touch from the other's hand and gently spoken words of comfort would quell those feelings before they could take root. The other shrinkees must have gone mad by now. Thoughts for those people had to be ignored, though, so the couple could keep their own feelings from plummeting into an inescapable abyss of despair. They had to stay positive.

 

  The reminiscent conversations gradually gave way to hopeful fantasies of the two being saved by whoever eventually bought the magazines. Wishes of being helped... restored to their normal selves... being sent home after grovelling apologies from authorities for the terrible mistake that brought them into this situation... all served to bolster the couple's emotional defences. Even if such imaginings were as unlikely as both Ben and Jenna knew they were, the pleasant thoughts were sorely needed. They allowed themselves to dream.

 

  Time dragged agonisingly slowly. The couple conversed as much as they could but eventually began to struggle to come up with new topics of interest. While still sparing the much needed words of reassurance every so often, they both slowly drifted off into their own thoughts whilst between bouts of sleep.

 

  Jenna tried thinking about anything from TV shows to academics to pass her conscious time. She never did get on well with silence and boredom, and now was no different. She doubted that even her beloved tablet and a connection to the internet would help her endure this much downtime... not like she'd have the room to use it anyhow. There was just no getting away from the restriction created by the weight of the bundles above. A dozing semi-consciousness gradually became her world when not actually sleeping, and proved to be her most effective response to the boredom.

 

  Ben couldn't focus his thoughts very well. Trying to direct his mind to the normality of back home, he would begin a train of thought only to have it cut off by another unexpectedly. It made for a frustrating lack of progress in any area. He found the only thoughts he could properly explore related to their current predicament. The short time spent in the factory seemed so interesting now, especially compared to the maddeningly dull ordeal of darkness and waiting.

 

  Ben replayed the experience in his mind many times over. Each time he focused on a different aspect, be it a certain sight, sound, or sensation. Very little could be considered pleasant, for sure, but there were moments which now held a strange fascination.

 

  He found himself becoming thoroughly engrossed in his recollections of first discovering being inside the polythene bag, then having the flexible film drape over his and Jenna's bodies. Ignoring the part where they thought they were going to suffocate, Ben chose to focus on the sensations. The film sliding over his skin aided by the oily residue, the tight formfitting cling around his lower body when they tried to create an air pocket over their heads... he found the physicality of the experience intriguing.

 

  He then imagined what it would have looked like to a third party, looking down upon them as Ben and Jenna were sealed up in the gleaming, liquid-like draping plastic. Ben slowly became aware of a warm feeling deep within him as he reran the memories and imagined images over and over. Unbelievably, he was getting excited. He knew that nearly anything normally unrelated to sex could trigger a person's desires, and equally not another... the term 'fetish' used to explain such disparity. Ben was discovering one he had not known he had, it seemed.

 

  He brought his senses back to the present. He could still feel the membrane around them, though the pressure bearing down nearly overwhelmed the sensation. He wriggled slightly to generate some sliding of the plastic over his body; all the while focusing on the signals his skin was sending into his nervous system. He did like the feeling. He did find the sensation of smooth, flexible and clinging plastic gliding over his skin stimulating.

 

  In immediate response he felt his member swell, quickly achieving its full stature despite being forced into a slightly uncomfortable position between his legs. The lack of space and restriction due to the ever-present weight atop them made any attempt to gain access with a hand futile. Ben inwardly cursed, growing frustration serving to undermine his newfound happy place in his mind. He had to let go of the excitement and return to calm if he was going to endure the uncertain length of time trapped like this.

 

  Reluctantly, he forced himself to think about anything other than arousal. He found holding a train of thought a bit easier now, too. With no shortage of unpleasant memories from before this weirdness to call upon, he rapidly returned to a non-excited condition. After a further period of stabilising thought, he began dropping into a semi-lucid state... fatigue sapping his awareness again. This was ok, though. Dozing was likely the best thing for enduring the seemingly endless waiting anyway.