- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In this Chapter we catch a glimpse into the lives of Urban city citizens and our hero who secretly leads his live as one of them. It describes one of the many skirmishes that happens within the City on a daily basis. Then Even More Relationship development! 

A Day In Urban City

 

Juliet  Scours the city in search of the elusive Sentinel. The living female skyscraper, carefully steps through traffic. After being the cities resident giantess for the past two weeks most of the motorists have become accustomed to yielding to her footsteps. They pull over to the side of the road when they see her. So far she has been very respectful of most traffic laws. She is very gentle with her tiny citizens, and as a result her presence as a towering giantess has changed living conditions very little.

 

Juliet smiles remembering a week ago when she accidentally damaged a car, Gan was very angry with her about that one. She would never have heard the end of it, so instead of listening to him she just sat on him. She smiles remembering his cute little body squirm beneath her Amazonian butt. “Mmmmm, maybe we’ll do something spontaneously special tonight!” Juliet thinks to herself imagining a romantic evening.

 

The giantess daydreams warmly as she strolls through the street, suddenly being thrown back into reality after seeing a flash of movement out of the corner of her eyes. She zeroes in her senses on the movement and bounds in that direction. Juliet vaults over a group of buildings that only come up her hips. She lands with a quaking thud, her eyes glance down at the street as she watches the sentinel fly into a building through an open window. The giant girl straddles the building peaking inside to see the Sentinel jump out the other side. A woman screams and covers herself, “sorry miss” Juliet apologizes, standing back up she chases after her prey.

 

The urban jungle has plenty of hiding spots, Juliet can’t even count the number of times The Sentinel has escaped this way. Her long stride and massive visage allow the Giantess to keep up with blur of movement. To anyone else The Sentinel would be impossible to keep up with. A normal human has a smaller field of vision that is often obscured by the sprawling urban jungle. With his blinding speed, The Sentinel can enter and leave their field of vision, before they can even comprehend what they are seeing.  A lucky few catch a glimpse of him when he is standing still, but he usually doesn’t stand still long enough to be approached.

 

But Juliet gaze is many hundred times bigger than the average citizen and she stands above most of the Urban sprawl which means The Sentinel can’t leave her gaze faster than she can realize he is there. This stand off of abilities has created a two week long game of cat and mouse with The Sentinel always winning. However Today will be different Juliet is sure of it. She dives across a long street snatching blur out of the air. She lands on her belly, luckily no cars were on the street at the time. She cups her hands and slams then to the ground making a small fleshy prison out of them. Juliet doesn’t dare move them or open them, if she does he’ll fly away faster than she can catch him again. He bounces around inside his prison trying to force an opening, but he doesn’t have enough room to get the momentum to blow open her cupped hands. Once again they are at stalemate, but Juliet has the advantage. She calls for the police force who arrive at her beck and call.

 

“hehehe, I told you I catch you, you tiny gnat! Now your ass is mine!” She booms down into her cupped hands. She envisions unmasking him and seeing his scared little face for the first time. The Sentinel stops bouncing around in her cupped hands making Juliet purr with satisfaction. “He’s given up!” she thinks “I’ve won at last!”

 

News quickly spreads of The Sentinels capture, onlookers arrive from all over, news teams promptly arrive and start broadcasting live. “Yes now The Sentinel’s demise will be public! Everyone in the city will know that I won!” Juliet thinks. Her hands remain solidly cupped around the tiny crusader, she dares not move them even an inch. Her heart is beating hard, she’s exicted for her imminent victory but also a little bit sad that her hunt will come to end.

 

By the time the Police arrive thousands have gathered on sidewalks and on building tops to watch what may be the end to the greatest event of their time. The feud between The Sentinel and their giantess has not gone unnoticed by the citizens, in fact it’s become something of a drama, it’s like the most popular show on television. As Friends and family trade gossip about the latest battle between the two. News footage of their epic battles is always the highest rated, comic books and toys always  sell out. The last Juliet heard A TV show was being produced depicting her exploits. (Juliet is always depicted as the heroine, due to the fact that she can demolish buildings with the kick of her fist, and The Sentinel has never made any official comment on the topic.)

 

Despite The Sentinels depiction as the villain fandoms for both have arisen, the fans also participate in epic battles, though not over the fate of the city, just over heated to debates over which of the two will ultimately win. The Sentinel is popular for his underdog position in the whole debacle, his normal size and confident attitude make him very popular as well, especially among teenage girls who are young, impressionable, and in love with bad boys. He is often the face anti establishment art, that brooding teenagers are in love with. 

 

Juliet is popular due to sheer might, her mere prescence can send crime down by 100%. This makes her popular with the older crowd, like parents and seniors. Especially men between the ages of 30-65, who love looking at her curvy body as she steps over them.

 

            No matter who you are, the feud is the biggest topic in pop culture. Which makes this the most one of the most important events in pop culture. People around the city stop what they are doing to watch the events unfold. A team of police officers  suit up, readying their guns and setting up a specialized straight jacket to capture The Sentinel. It is comprised of super dense alloys of elastic platinum and osmium that would restrict his super powerful strength. If he puts it on he wont be able to move his arms and legs any more than a few inches.

 

            The team of highly trained officers approaches Juliets cupped hands, they give her a signal as the take positions against her thumb. Working together she lifts her thumb and the team enters quickly without giving the Sentinel enough  time to leave.

 

            Several tense moments pass, the crowd watches anxiously, some hoping for his capture others hoping for his escape. None the less it’s the slowest minute that Urban City has ever experienced. Suddenly Juliet feels the signal against her thumb, She removes her hand, and for a split second the entire city is quiet.

 

Standing there is the team of police officers looking down at a strange baffling sight. A 3 meter hole that goes down for 20 feet of solid concrete. One Officer repels down and confirms that the hole leads down into the sewers.

 

At that moment the entire cities goes Haywire!!! A mixture of cheers and booes rock the city to it’s core. Juliet is stunned her face visibly sinks into sadness. She was so close to victory, and to have it snatched away from her at the last minute is mortifying. She feels like throwing a tantrum right here in the middle of this crowd. She decides against it imagining what Gan would say if he threw a temper tantrum in the middle of town. Instead tears well up in her eyes and she begins crying silently. Soaking the team of officers standing at her knees. Several news reporters approach her asking for interviews.

 

Juliet is in no mood to give a press release she stands up stepping over the teeming antpile of reporters and cheering fans and walks back home. She needs desperately needs a hug.

 

On the other side of the city, Gan emerges from a manhole in an empty alley way covered in urban waste. No one is around they are too busy watching their tv’s to notice the crusader stumble through the alley. Suddenly a massive chorus of cheers and booes echo through the city and Gan realizes they’ve learned of his escape. He takes a bow, “Thank you, thank you! it was nothing really.” He says humbling bragging to an audience that can’t see or hear him.

 

Gan strips off the dirty costume throwing it into an inconspicuous dumpster that no one else will touch for years. Since he and Juliet have started living together again Gan can’t risk keeping the costume in their shared closet, instead he keeps his costume in a renovated dumpster in the alley behind his apartment.

 

Gan  pulls off the tight wet costume covered in grime, and in a single bound flies up to his 12th story apartment. He hovers in the air above the fire escape for a split second. At the height of his jump gravity has no effect, enjoying the sensation of defying gravity gan waits to step onto the fire escape railing. Finally he feels the gentle tug of gravity and steps onto the railing gracefully and enters his apartment, he waits here, for his lovely pissed off wife.

 

                                    A Romantic Dinner for Two

 

Juliet tromps back to their apartment distraught and in tears, having been humiliated publicly by her arch nemesis. She shrinks down to her 4’11’’ form and enters their apartment! “Ga—ha-ha-ha-nny!” she calls tears streaming down her red face. Gan immediately enters the room and they embrace, Juliet crying into Gan’s chest as he gently strokes the back of her head. “it’ll be alright baby, you’ll catch that Sentinel one day.” He says encouragingly. Juliet allows herself to be consoled by the man who ironically also made her upset. “look I made you a warm dinner, so you can forget about what happened today.”  Gan says softly. Juliet sniffles, trying to stop crying. “O-ok” she says wiping away her tears.

 

Gan and Juliet eat a wonderful dinner that he prepared with his super sonic speed in the time it took Juliet to get back home. “mmm! Ganny! This is amazing. You should be a professional chef.” Juliet says sincerely. Gan is not That great a chef though, it took him 3 times to get it right, and Juliet is to sad to have high taste standards. “Thanks but it’s really nothing….” Gan says humbly. “nothing compared to the girl who’s eating it!” Juliet blushes bright red. The room is silent for a few seconds and then the two stand up simultaneously, and spend the night as husband and wife.

 

Several hours later the moon is at it’s peak in the sky, the stars twinkle brightly. In a small one bedroom apartment on Central Street, a couple lies awake in bed. Gan lying parallel to the bed his hands beneath his head as he stares at the ceiling, Juliet rests her petite head on his chest, her naked breast pressed against side and her legs intertwined with his. The say nothing, instead they merely lay silently enjoying each others company. The fan on the ceiling spins rhythmically pushing cool air down on their hot bodies. Once again a thought pops into Gan’s head, “tell her” it says. “now is your best opportunity. She can’t love you anymore than she does right this instant.” Gan briefly considers it, perhaps if she knew he was The Sentinel, they could stop fighting. Or perhaps if she knew he was the Sentinel he would have to be afraid of her when he was Gan too. What if that ruined their marriage, what if it ruined this moment? There is a distinct possibility that she could try and kill him when she realizes what he’s just said. “No way!” Gan thinks, “we’re absolutely in love. She would never try to kill me no matter who I am. Would she?”

 

The truth is, Gan doesn’t know. As a man, he doesn’t entirely understand how women think. He knows that they’re in love, but what is love? Isn’t it just a word. A word that expresses a connection between two people, is it deep enough to survive the ticking time bomb? Gan doesn’t know, and he’s too much of a coward to say anything right now. So he wraps his arm around Juliet and falls asleep.

 

Gan and Juliet are awakened the next morning to rumbling earthquakes, Gan looks at Juliet who is still wrapped in his arms. Another tremor shakes the room and and Juliet suddenly has a flash of realization. “Oh NO! SHE’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!” 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I promise that's the last of Downtime chapters, starting from here is a brand new arc, new Giantesses, and new twists. Thanks for reading to this point, and I hope you have the same appreciation for chapters like these that I do. Don't forget to leave a review

-Sincerely

Guygan.