- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally Gan gets some answers, and just in time for the newest and biggest threat of all.

The Aftermath

 

The plan works exactly as Juliet thought it would, Christine is as arrogant as ever, hastily charging towards her. She watches the overgrown bimbo with a smile and takes her throwing stance. Juliet goes for the wind-up clutching her puny husband in her fist she cocks her arm back lifts her right leg in the air to counter balance. Juliet only gets one throw so she HAS to hit her mark.

Christine realizes to late what is going on. She instantly recognizes Juliet’s stance as one a pitcher takes just before throwing a fastball; however, with her gigantic body there is far too much momentum to stop now.

Juliet times her throw perfectly Christine is now at point blank range. Juliet throws Gan has hard as she can, putting every ounce of her strength into this throw. As her hand reaches it’s peak speed she opens her fist, at that exact moment Gan Jumps out of her hand as hard as he can, the force of his jump knocks Juliet’s arm back where it came from and his lovely wife falls down on her butt.

Gan flies faster than he’s ever flown before, he flies faster than he ever thought possible, he has enough momentum to knock down a mountain. Luckily A mountain is exactly what he needs to knock down. In less than a fraction of a fraction of a second Gan hits his target, the left side of Christine’s chest. “WWWWOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMPPPPPP” the impact causes a shock wave. Christine is knocked onto her back. Gan blacks out, even for him, that was too much.

Juliet watches in stunned silence as everything unfolds. In fact the whole city is holding its breath waiting to see what happened. Christine starts coughing, she starts coughing violently. The combined forces of Juliet’s pitch, Gan’s leap, and Christine’s sprint are enough to dislodge the ambrosia. She spits a large mass of red goo it’s larger than a house. As it hits the ground the goo dissolves sinking back into the ground becoming part of the planet’s mass. As the Ambrosia disappears so does Christine, her unbelievably huge form, becomes more and more believable, shrinking down to Juliet’s size, then building sized, then car sized, and then people sized. But in the greatest form of irony she keeps shrinking, down and down she goes. Shrinking out of sight.

Juliet shrinks down to her 4’11’’ size and runs over to Gan’s body, which has crumbled to the ground. “Ganny! Ganny!” She holds his body. “Oh please be ok! Please oh please, please, please be ok!” She sobs. Her body shakes violently as an emotional storm erupts from her. At this time Juliet has no way of knowing if her beloved husband is ok.

“Sweetie… don’t cry it’ll be ok.” Gan groans from the ground. He slowly turns his head up to look at her. Juliet is engulfed in relief, for a single adorable moment they stare into each other’s eyes, but the second relief wears off Juliet goes on a rampage. “HOW DARE YOU USE YOUR POWERS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! YOU ARE IN BIG! BIG! BIG! TROUBLE MISTER! WHEN YOU GET BETTER IT’S DOUBLE CHORES FOR YOU, NO! TRIPLE! AND YOU’RE GOING TO HELP THE CITY REBUILD! GOT IT! ALL OF THIS DESTRUCTION IS PRACTICALLY YOUR FAULT!” Juliet yells. “yes dear. I-ow” Gan says grabbing his side. Juliet’s mood changes faster than a monsoon. “Oh, baby, don’t push yourself. Are you hurt? Don’t worry we’ll get you fixed up right away.” Juliet grows to fourteen feet tall and puts her child-sized husband on her back. 

As she gently lifts him onto her back, she feel tiny sensation on her big toe. She carefully bends down to see a tiny speck banging against it. A wry smile crosses her face, “Now who do we have here?”  She plucks the speck off the ground, lifting it all the way up to her massive face. “Let go of me!” Christine yells banging her miniscule fists against Juliet’s finger. “I’ll kill you,” she screams.

Juliet chuckles “oh-ho-ho, you’ll do what? You’ll kill me? Now when you say that it’s adorable.” “What are we going to do with her.” Gan groans, still in pain from several broken bones. “Shhhhhhh, baby don’t talk, you’ll only make it worse. She can’t hurt anyone anymore, but still we can’t just let her go, she’s killed millions of people.” “Hahahahahahahahha! You think you’ve won? This is only the beginning.” Yells Christine from Juliet’s hand. “What are you talking about bug? Your in no position to be making threats!” Juliet barks back letting her hot breath roar through Christine’s hair. “Oh aren’t I? You may have trapped me in this miserable form, but I Still have cards in play for instance,” she points.

Juliet looks in the direction her microscopic hand points to the building she punched in half earlier. A Crimson light springs forth like a reverse comet; the whole city is a glow in its ominous red light. The Light soon finds its place among the stars. “What the hell did you do bug?” Juliet demands intimidatingly. “Eeeeeeeeeeekkkk!!” Screams Christine as Juliet squeezes her tightly.

“I planted a doom seed.” Christine says. “W-what? What do you m-mean? A doom seed? No! Why?” Juliet says panicking “W-what’s a doom seed?” Gan groans. “Shhhhh… baby just go to sleep, don’t worry about it.” Juliet says. “Don’t you get it? It’s over! You can’t win now; Sara’s going to eat this whole world, with you on i-“ Christine is cut off by another squeeze from Juliet. “I’ve heard enough from you.” Shortly after Juliet squeezes Christine Gan faints from his injuries.

Pillow Talk

Gan wakes up after a two-day nap, his muscles are sore and his arm and leg are in a cast, but at least he can move. “Oh Goody your awake.” Juliet says in the bed beside him. “Yeah I am and I’ve got some questions for you Jules.” Gan say clearing the cobwebs from his throat. “Go ahead shoot, you deserve some answers dearie.”

“WHAT THE HELL IS A- ow- a doom seed what is it? Christine mentioned that before I past out, and you seemed pretty freaked out about it. So spill the beans.” Gan says.

Juliet lays back in bed, the yellow sun reflecting off her face, beneath the covers she wears only pajamas, which consist of bra and panties. But only Gan is allowed to see this, luckily he has a pretty great view. As he’s looking at Juliet he notices she’s looking right back at him. He glances down and realizes he’s in his underwear as . Juliet must have taken his clothes during his coma. Say what you want about their marriage but there are NO double standards. Each has a perfect view of the others body and they each know it and love it.

“A doom seed is the ender of worlds.” Juliet responds. “It a force of cosmic radiation, and if it’s allowed to grow into a doom plant then the entire planet and everyone on it will be converted into ambrosia.” “Whaaaat? How is that even possible?” Gan exclaims. “That sounds more like science fiction than fact.” “My world was two million years ahead of yours, we had achieved things you wouldn’t believe. We had unlocked the secrets of the universe, and the doom seed… was our final and greatest masterpiece. A power that could rival even the guardians themselves. With doom seeds we could create our own ambrosia” Juliet says.

“baby, I know this may come as a surprise but I’m not really a scientist. Everyone keeps saying “ambrosia this” and “ambrosia that”, but I don’t know what Ambrosia is.” Gan says. “Well of course you don’t understand. You’re from primitive planet that hasn’t even achieved Uron Ionization, hehe.” Juliet says with a smile. “Hey! No fair! You can’t lord your world’s science stuff over mine!” Gan exclaims. “All’s fair in love and war dear!” Juliet retorts with a wink. “Ambrosia is the food of the gods.” “—Yeah I know that but WHAT is it.” “In terms something as dumb as you can understand it’s the essence of the universe.” Juliet says. “It’s matter and energy all at the same time and in it’s purest most unadulterated form. Anyone who eats it gains god-like abilities. Like omniscience, omnipotent, longevity, and immunity from the cold dark vacuum of space.”

“So you can read my mind? What am I thinking now?” Gan’s asks hoping she doesn’t say tacos.

“Tacos. But I didn’t read your mind, that’s what you always think when you tell someone to read your mind dear. Hehe.” Juliet says with a smile. “Dangit, but you ate the ambrosia, so why can’t you read my mind.” Gan asks. “I’ve only eaten a very small miniscule portion, I’ve only gained the most basic powers of growth, and you’ve got to eat an insane amount to be like Gaia is.”

“Hey wait what happened to Christine?” Gan asks. “Did she slip away?” “No… I’ve got.” Juliet points to a tiny glass bottle on the shelf between Juliet’s book collection and Gan’s collection of figurines. He slips out of bed and hobbles over to the shelf and peers into the bottle.

Inside is a microscopic glass prison and Christine is laying on her microscopic prison bed staring back at him. “EeeeeK!” She can see me in my underwear!” Gan yells causing the tiny girl to cower in fear. “Oh baby don’t worry. She’s the size of an ant now. She’s hardly worth being embarrassed in front of.” Juliet says. “Now come back to bed, your still too weak to be walking around.” Gan does as he’s told. “Why didn’t you hand her over to the police?” Gan asks. “They’re hardly equipped to handle such a tiny prisoner, she’d either escape or be crushed because of someone’s incompetence. Besides. I AM THE POLICE.” Juliet says with a wry smile. Gan quickly remembers that technically Juliet is the overlord of this city; she is the ultimate and final authority on everything in the city.

Ironically she’s married to the man who represents rebellion against authority, life is funny sometimes.

“One last question… you didn’t have your way with me while I was in a coma did you?” Gan asks. “Well if I didn’t before… I certainly will now.” Juliet says with a wry smile.

 

Foreboding Foreshadow

But Juliet still has worries. She doesn’t tell Gan, but it wasn’t a natural disaster that destroyed her world—It was pride—Pride that mortals could surpass The Old Ones themselves. It was pride that led to the creation of the doom seeds. And it was the doom seeds that gobbled up her world.

But if Sara has doom seeds now… then, maybe it wasn’t an accident—It could mean that was the one Sara who destroyed Juliet’s world and now she want’s to eat Gan’s world too.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope this isn't too much science fiction for everyone, still rate and review so that I can dig a tunnel to the center of the earth!