- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi all—sorry for the hiatus, but as you may have guessed, this isn’t my job. I do it because I enjoy it, and that means I’m allowed to take breaks, so #sorrynotsorry. That being said, I will always find Giantesses Fascinating and I will always be enthralled by Superheroes. I will never be able to leave the two alone! So I can personally guarantee a conclusion that will satisfy you. You have my word as a faceless internet person. So without further ado, I present Gaia’s Champion Volume 2—The Next Gan-eration.

 

Gaia’s Champion Vol. 2

The Next Gan-eration

 

True—giant women had conquered the world and one of them was in the distance even now—a towering colossus looming over the city. But Gan couldn’t be any happier, because those colossal women were not so bad. One of them even happened to be his wife. The two of them could not have been happier together. After Gan had exposed his secret to Juliet; that he was the sentinel. The very same hero/villain who had been her arch nemesis for months, it was love that proved more powerful in the end. She not only accepted him, but also protected him during his most vulnerable moments.

The Sentinel had not made a public appearance in three months; Gan left the mundane safety issues to his wife. Compared to the other giantesses she was considerably nicer, though she did have a mean streak when it came to taking out the trash. Nonetheless under her rule, the Urban City was thriving. Gan and Juliet had talked extensively about his “superpowers” after their reunion. Eventually they both came to the conclusion that the city didn’t need two guardians. Juliet was the best choice, she could keep the giantesses from sending more girls to Urban City, and in her 500-foot form she seemed to be omnipotent police force to the criminals of the city.

Gan could see proof of his wife’s presence all around him; the people he passed by were relatively calm. The crime rate had dropped below 1%. The citizens more or less had sovereignty over their own lives. They only real tax on them was clearing the way for Juliet’s passage. “One bouquet of flowers please.” Gan tells the flower shop owner. “Gotta keep the Mrs. Happy huh?” the flower shop owner responds as he prepares the bouquet. “You know what they say happy wife, happy life!” “Oh I know,” says Gan. “These flowers are for both our sakes friend.” The Flower shop owner has no idea what he’s talking about but Gan has a hearty laugh anyways.

Bouquet in hand Gan leaves with a skip in his step and a song on his tongue. On his way to their apartment He passes by a familiar alley. Looking both ways to check that there is nobody around Gan hastily makes his way to a secret behind a dumpster. “This isn’t what I had in mind when I made you my champion you know.” Gan turns around to find an ethnically diverse woman in a white toga leaning against the wall. It is Gaia, the Guardian of Gan’s world. “Listen Gaia, the city is safe, Christine thinks I’m dead, and as far as the Giantesses are concern Urban City is already under their control.” Gan says defensively. “I’m not talking about Urban City Gan, I’m talking about the world, your world. It’s become enslaved, its master’s are all power mad tyrant’s who think of its people as nothing more than their playthings.” Gaia rants. “Those are your people and they are MY CHILDREN!” Gan says nothing he knows she’s right, but he doesn’t care. The truth was he had become complacent, life for him was good and he saw no reason to mess that up.

“Gaia, it’s terrible that the world is so messed up, but it’s not a one man job, one man can’t stop the giantesses, they’re just too powerful. I’ll only end up destroying myself if I try.” Gan says pessimistically. Gaia sighs and shakes her head. “I love you humans, but sometimes you … well… you think too small.” “Of course we think small compared to you, because we can’t become bigger than literally everything in existence. We have to make due with what we have, and sometimes what we have it isn’t enough.” Gan turns his back and leaves, regret nipping at his heels.

Gan waits on the roof of his apartment for about five minutes before the signature rumbling of his wife’s approach can be felt. Soon her footfalls feel like earthquakes before finally stopping right in front of the building. “Hey there little man!” She says in a sultry voice. The Giant woman wears a V-neck with a long flowing skirt. She is a beautiful Latina girl with short black hair, and a wonderful figure. “Hey there pretty lady,” Gan replies. She immediately shrinks down to her 4’11’’ form standing on her tiptoes to give him a kiss. “I got you these.” Gan says handing her the bouquet, “there a tribute so you won’t go on a rampage and destroy the city.” Juliet blushes. “Well I usually prefer virgin sacrifices but I suppose these flowers will do!”

Gan doesn’t tell his wife about his talk with Gaia, she would just remind him of the plan that he thought of. That his powers were more dangerous than they were helpful and he would draw to much attention to a city that did well to lay low. “So how was your day sweetie, catch any bad guys?” Gan asks. “Well… it was pretty boring today, criminals are to afraid to try anything anymore, but just now I caught a real bad boy.” She says sexily, running her finger down Gan’s chest. “Oh? did you? Are you sure he’s not just misunderstood? What has he done that is so bad?” Gan replies. “He’s a career vigilant, who has an issue with authority, a total rebel! But If we weren’t on opposite sides, I’d say he was really hot!” She says embracing her husband, pulling him in close. They stand on the roof of the building sharing this moment together, before Juliet’s phone rings.

“Oh by the way… Christine is coming for another visit tomorrow.” Juliet says nonchalantly. Gan quickly backs away putting some space between them he holds her by the shoulders and looks into her eyes “WHAT!”. “You know, Christine from that one time,  she wants to visit again she says it’s ‘fun’ here.” Juliet says trying to play it off. “You mean the same Christine who almost killed me? THAT Christine.” Gan exclaims hysterically. “Alright I know it’s bad, but we’ll only make things worse by panicking. We need to come up with a plan and a damn good one.” Juliet admits. “Well why don’t you take her shopping try not to destroy the mall, and I’ll go camping for the week.” Gan says. “No, she wants to meet the tiny man who captured my heart. That means you have to stick around.” Juliet says. “But I don’t wanna!” Gan complains. “Look, we’ll make her day as boring as possible make up some excuse, and she’ll be gone for good the day after tomorrow.” Juliet proposes. “I’ll prepare the guest room and you buy a game of monopoly. One hour of monopoly and she’ll never want to come back! “ “Okay, break!”  Gan says, and the two part ways, both leave for their respective tasks.

“Hmmm… what’s more boring? The version of monopoly where you have to pay mortgage? Or the version of monopoly where you have take out a loan? I know “Trust Fund Tycoon! Monopoly edition!” The fun is in not finishing!”

Gan lifts his head from the window pane, “that one please!” “Which one? The one with the gray box or the one with Greenish Gray box?” The clerk asks. “No the Grayish-bluish-tan one pleas.” Gan declares. “Whatever..” The clerk says despondently. As they raise they’re heads their eyes meet, and the two recognize each other. Before Gans stands Quincy Jones, a retired, sadist, opportunist and all around scumbag. Of course without Tina to hurt people for him, he’s just an ordinary guy working a low paid blue-collar job.

Quincy recognizes Gan as well, but he can’t remember from what… he certainly seems familiar, but Quincy can’t quite put his tongue on it. “Here’s your crappy board game sir, enjoy all the accounting goodness.” “Thank you I won’t!” Gan responds paradoxically cheerfully.” “Ummm… do I… know you?” Quincy inquires unsure of this feeling. “NO! No, no, definitely, never been to this shop, I don’t even know what board games are. What lives inside this strange magical box? “ Gan says doing a bad job of lying. He quickly exits the store. “Phew! That was close good job Gan! Thanks other Gan!” Gan high fives himself to the bewilderment of other people.

Crime never Whines

Gan makes his way home by foot, he doesn’t own a car, and frankly neither he nor Juliet has any use for one. A bluish-grayish-tan box tucked under his arm, he walks his normal route home, through the park, past the creepy cemetery, and through the nice, quiet, poorly lit alleyway. For anyone but Gaia’s Champion, the back alleys of Urban City are an unnerving at best. Nonetheless Gan Has a song on his tongue and a skip in his step. For a retired superhero not much scares him, not even Juliet when she gets angry. “EEEEeeeeeeekkkkk!!! Someone help me please!” Gan pauses. He turns his super powered ears towards the shriek. He estimates about 50 yards away, in an adjacent alley with four other heartbeats surrounding him. No matter how complacent, no matter how many promises he has made, no matter how many wives he will piss off Gan IS a hero at heart. He CANNOT ignore a cry for help. Gan glances down the alleys, making sure no one is looking. A wry smile crosses his face, for the first time in four months he can feel his pulse accelerate. He throws his box of monopoly high into the air and time slows down for Gan.

 

He is gone in a flash, running down the alleyway faster than the human eye can follow. With in 10.23 milliseconds he has found the source of the cry, a young boy pressed against a wall with a knife to his throat, four thugs have gathered in a circle around the young boy.  Gan assesses the situation, and in a second he understands. He jumps into the air and flies 10 meters to drop kick the thug with a knife to the boys throws. The thug is like air to Gan, he his flung into garbage cans. Gan lands on his right spinning around to face unaware group only about 5.67 milliseconds have passed. The thugs are punks poorly positioned and tactically untrained. Gan Can take all of them out with one more attack, but it has been FOUR MONTHS, and he had forgotten how much fun this was instead he chooses to have some fun with his prey. With his right hand he fires himself up to the top of the building overlooking the thugs and waits for them to catch up.

“Holy Fuck! What happened?” The Thugs clump together frightened and confused, the young boy slides to the ground. Your worst nightmare!” Gan responds in a deep gruff voice. “Who’s there? Come out Prick or we will cut you up like my favorite turkey dinner!” the meanest and there fore the leader of the thugs replies. “The only turkey dinner’s you’ll be eating is one through a straw.” Gan responds and to back up his threat Gan sprints down the wall, landing in the middle of the thugs. Gan flicks the leader in the head, sending him unconscious.  The other two thugs stab at the blur, but Gan falls to the ground and sweep kicks them, breaking their legs. As they fall Gan stands back up, As they meet Gan Conks both their heads together sending them unconscious.

 

“You alright kid?” “Y-yea.” A meek voice answers nervously. “Good, next time you should take the bus.” Gan checks his watch, “shoot! It’ll hit the ground soon.” Gan disappears in a blur reaching the spot he was standing in to begin with catching the box of monopoly he had thrown into the air like 4 paragraphs ago, you remember it right? “Phew. Juliet would have shoved me in her sock if she knew I did that.”

Shadows Rising

Riiiiiiiiiinnnngg—“Miss Sarah’s office how can I help you?” “Este es el Abassador o San Marino!, estoy llamando para discutir la nueva política de infraestructuras.” “I’m forwarding your call to our Spanish department please hold!” *Click!—Riiiiiiiinnnnnnggg—“Miss Sarah’s office how can I help you?” “goo’day mate! I’m from the prime minister’s office, just calling about that ban on boomerangs again, you didn’t answer-“ “Please hold!” *Click! —Riiiiiiiinnnnnnggg—“Miss Sarah’s office how can I help you?” “Hello” replies a deep voice. “I need to get in contact with Miss Sarah! It’s about The Sentinel! He’s not dead! In fact he’s still alive and more powerful than ev-.” “I’m sorry, we aren’t taking personal requests please hold!” *Click!

Mandy lays the phone on the hook. “Hey Carol! That same guy is calling again. “ “The one who claims The Sentinel is back?” Carol replies. “yeah, that’s him, he really creeps me out, can we call the police?” Mandy suggests. “No, he isn’t worth their time, especially for just a secretary.”  Carol replies. “But I’m one of Miss Sarah’s secretaries, doesn’t that mean anything?” Mandy asks hopefully. “hehe, dear, your one of thousands of Miss Sarah’s secretaries, “Carol replies. “In fact if your not one of them, EVERYTHING means nothing to the police. Just put him on hold immediately next time. Maybe he’ll get tired of being so creepy.”

Suddenly the entire office begins to move, inertia takes over and Carol is flung from where she is standing into a nearby desk. luckily almost everything in the office has been bolted or tied to the floor, the people in the office find handholds to brace themselves. As quickly as the office began moving it stops and everything settles. Mandy helps her friend off the floor. “That’s what you get for walking away from your desk!” Mandy scolds. “You were the one who called me over here you bitch!” Carol responds. “It’s not like we can know when she’s going to move and we have to get up sometimes. That’s just one of the hazards of being her employee.

The two girls make their way over to the window; there is not much of a view. Only a vast sea of skin awaits them, because this side of the building over looks Sarah’s inner ear.  The entire building is just a glorified earring actually. 100 stories, thousands of office workers and hundreds of pounds of equipment, all on a cute chain pierced into her ear. The entire office building and its twin sister exist simply to manage the mundane administrative tasks for the ruler of the world. Actually doing it herself was far beneath Sarah, so instead she has tiny office drones do it for her. An executive through a speaker embedded directly into her ear passes any relevant information to her, these executives are the only tinies in the world to have any contact with the goddess. To simply be near her is a “privilege” the office drones enjoyed.

“What if he’s telling the truth, what if the Sentinel is alive?” Mandy says somewhat hopefully. “Shut up idiot! Do you want the secret police to get you? Besides Look at her, do you really think anyone our sizes could possibly defeat her?” Carol says disdainfully. “Well… no.” Mandy replies beaten. “Of course not, you’re only fooling yourself if you believe otherwise. It’s better to just cooperate with the giantesses and hope for the best.” Carol says logically.

“What do you think Amy?” Sarah asks to her fellow Titaness. “I think the plan sounds like fun.” Amy replies. “The guardians won’t like it, though.” “Ha! Don’t you worry about the guardians! In a year’s time I’ll be more powerful than any of them and that’s when the real FUN begins!” Sarah replies excitedly. “The two share a laugh that no tiny within a hundred miles appreciates.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading, more to come within the week, much like Gan I forgot how fun this was. Remember to Rate and Review so I can attain Legitimacy!!!