- Text Size +

 

 

The Shrunken Student

By

Various Authors

 

You are Mark, an average 16 year old boy now. You were born at a height of 2 inches. Before you were welcomed into the world, your father died in a plane crash. You now live with your mother, Marie, and your 15 year old sister, Julie, in a beautiful 2 story house. You wake up one morning in a dollhouse that your mom gave you on your 10th birthday. You step out on the hard floor to hear a loud thundering noise. It's your mom coming to wake you up. She can see you and hear you, but to be safe, you better find higher ground.

 

You run out into the hall and immediately collide into a shiny black medium heel pump. It belongs to your mother, Marie. She looks down and smiles at you. Her voice booms at you, "Good morning, Sweetie." You shout back at her, "Hi mom!! Today is my first day of High School!!" Your mom hears you and places her hand near you. You climb onto it and snuggle in her right hand. She kisses you, covering you with lipstick, then carries you into your room, where she immediately dresses you for school. "Mom I can do it myself," you tell her, but she just smiles and lifts you up to her face again. She then brings you into the kitchen and makes breakfast, while you wait on the kitchen table

 

Julie comes into the kitchen wearing a light blue blouse, a medium gray skirt, and black high heel sandles. Your mother tells her to change immediately, but Julie says the homecoming queen tryouts, especially pictures, are today. Your mom just shakes her head and places two plates on the table. Julie has to share her breakfast with you. "Hey little brother, I am going to keep an eye on you as best as I can," says your sister. You replie by nodding your head and finish eating. You, your mom, and Julie get in the car, and head for school. On the way, Julie sees you walking toward her left sandle. She smiles and unbuckles the ankle strap and slides it around you like a seatbelt. You are trapped on your sister's shoe, and your mom doesn't even see you on the floor. Do something...if this is bothering you.

 

You try to stay comfortable inside your sister's shoe. For a moment it actually works...but then your mom turns on the radio. It's Julie's favorite song, "Drive" from Incubus! She begins to drum the beat on the floor, oblivious to your inaudible screams. You're thrown around everywhere, side to side! The only thing that's keeping you onto Julie's foot is the strap. You don't know if you should be thankful for or furious at that strap, because by the time you reach the school you're covered in dirt all over, and you're panting as if you were in military school for two hours.

How am I going to make friends like THIS? you think miserably to yourself.

 

Julie unstraps you and picks you up in her hand. She carries you over to the teacher's desk, and sets you down.

"Mr. Smithers, I brought my brother to school today."

The teacher looks down at you as if he had been expecting you.

"Ah, yes..." says Mr. Smithers, "class, I'd like to introduce a new student today, Julie's little brother...now as you all know from watching the local news recently, the school board has recently voted to allow him to attend public school rather than to be privately tutored at home, so I hope all of you will make him feel welcome."

The class begins to clap loudly to welcome you, and you look around at your new classmates. A hot blonde cheerleader sits in the front row and winks at you, but the applause is starting to hurt your tiny ears

 

The loud sounds of the clapping students hurts your ears. You beg them to stop but they don't hear you. The pretty cheerleader stands up from her desk and walks over to you. She bends down and you stare at her pretty face. She is the most beautiful girl that you have ever seen. She has long blonde hair and pretty blue eyes with cute freckles on her nose. She just stares at you in amazement. Finally she speaks. "Why don't you come with me. I can show you around campus." She places her open palm in front of where you are standing. You cautiously and nervously step onto the soft skin of her open palm. She lifts you close to her face. "My name is Heather," the giant girl tells you. You feel her warm breath and smell the sweet smell of peppermint gum. You are not used to being around other people and certainly not used to being so close to a beautiful girl. You are completely smitten with her beauty and begin feeling weak in the knees. "Hello Heather. It's nice meeting you," you say nervously. The girl starts giggling which to you sounds like rolling thunder. "I'm doing just fine; especially since I found a cute boy like you," she says smiling.

Wow the first day at school and you already picked up one of the hottest chicks on campus...well actually she picked you up.

You spend the rest of the class period on top of the pretty cheerleader's desk. When class is over, she places her open hand next to you for you to climb up on. "It's lunch period," she tells you. "You can join me and my friends for lunch. They are going to get such a kick out of you," she says. Her words begin to make you nervous. You don't like the idea of being shown around like some sort of freak. Heather opens her purse and lowers you inside. She drops you between a giant lipstick and makeup case. She closes the purse leaving you in total darkness.

 

"You are never going to believe what I have in my purse," you hear Heather say. The purse opens up and your dilated eyes are temporally blinded by the light. You are just able to see Heather's giant hand reaching for you. Her fingers wrap around you and lift you out of the purse. "Look at the little person. Isn't he neat?," Heather says as she places you on the table. As your eyes begin to adjust to the light you see three other giant teenage girls seated at the table staring down at you. "I can't believe how small he is," one of the girls says. A girl with shoulder length brown hair reaches down and picks you up between her thumb and forefinger. "Put me down," you yell. She ignores your pleas and just stares at you in fascination. "Be careful with him. He is not a toy a pretty Latina girl says. "Let me hold him," one of the other girls says. The girl hands you over to her and she examines you closely. You are subsequently passed around to each of the girls; each girl taking turns poking and prodding your tiny body as if you were some sort of tiny animal. You wish now that you had never made the decision to come to school. The last girl to hold you is the pretty Latina girl. She looks at you sympathetically as if a little ashamed at the behavior of her friends. The Latina girl reluctantly hands you back to Heather. You look up to Heather's billboard size face. She is so beautiful. You think any guy on campus would love to be with her. To you, however, she was a giantess. A goddess who had you completely in her control.

"I think I'll ask Julie if she will sell him to me," Heather says to the other girls. You are shocked by this statement. You can't believe that she would entertain the idea that your sister would sell you as if you were nothing more than chattel. "He is a real person. You can't just buy him as if he were a hamster," the Latina girl says. "Why not? It's not as if he is a real person...I mean a regular person..well..you know what I mean," Heather says sounding more like an airhead valley girl. "You don't mind do you sweetie?," Heather says to you as she rubs you against her cute freckled nose. She lowers you to her lips and kisses you; saturating your whole body with lipstick and saliva. Before you can say anything she lowers you back into her purse. "Let's go find your sister," she says as she closes the purse tight.

 

"Julie come over here," you hear Heather yell. At last you will soon be free, you think to yourself. The purse opens up and Heather reaches in again. She picks you up and hands you over to your sister Julie. "There you are. I wondered where you were," Julie says to you as she holds you in her open palm. "I was just showing him around the campus," Heather says to your sister. You are so grateful to be in the protective custody of your sister that you kiss the palm of her hand. "He is just so sweet and adorable," Heather says. "I was just wondering...would you consider selling him to me?" "Sell him to you! He's my brother! I can't just sell him." "But I'll give you quite a lot for him. You know my family is very well off. I could give you a thousand dollars for him." "That is not the point. I can't just sell him." "I'll give you three thousand dollars." "Look even if I wanted to sell him I couldn't. What would I tell my mother?" "Please Julie...I really want him. I can pay you five thousand dollars. You can come over and visit him anytime you want. You sister looks down at you then looks at Heather and agrees

 

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you," Heather says as she reaches into her purse and grabs her check book. She rights out a check and hands it to Julie. "Julie you can't do this," you scream in protest. Julie turns her head away from you as if embarrassed to face you. She hands you over to Heather. "This is going to be so cool," Heather says as she places you back into her purse. "Don't worry Julie. I'll take good care of him," Heather says as she closes the purse. "What am I going to tell mom," you hear Julie mutter. The purse begins to rock with Heather's footsteps. You bang around inside, not really enjoying the ride.

 

You spend a good part of the day trapped inside Heather's purse. After school lets out, she drives to the mall. She tells you that she is buying some gifts for you. She occasionally peeks inside the purse to check up on you. You demand for her to take you to your home but she either ignores you or doesn't hear you. Finally after a very long day Heather takes you to her home. She reaches in and lifts you out and places you on top of her vanity table. You stand there among her giant girl stuff - giant bottles of nail polish, perfume, makeup and other various items. "Now you wait right here; I have a special surprise for you," Heather says.

 

You wait on top of Heather's vanity table for her to return. After several moments Heather returns with a metal hamster cage. "Surprise," Heather says excitedly. "This will be your new home." She places the cage with the door open next to you. You stare at it in disbelief. "Isn't it cute? Do you like it? I bought it at the pet store in the mall. I also found some wonderful doll furniture." "Heather you can't keep me in a cage," you yell. Heather reaches down and shoves you with the tip of her index finger and you fall into the cage. "This will be a wonderful home for you. Look you have everything you need. A little toy chair, a little toy table, a food trough, a water bottle, and an exercise wheel." "Please Heather, you can't keep me locked up in here like some sort of animal." "It's for your own good sweetie. I can't have you running around the house. You might accidentally get stepped on. It's for your own protection. Little creatures belong in cages," she says to you. "Are you hungry?," she asks. You nod your head. You haven't eaten all day. "Good," she says "I'll go get you some hamster pellets." You look at her in shock. "I'm just kidding. I'll bring you some scraps from my plate when I'm done.

She leaves the room and you pace around in the cage. You can't believe what is happening. Heather seems to think that you would be content living in a cage. You walk over to the exercise wheel and climb inside. You start to run spinning the wheel round and round. You have a lot of nervous energy to work off. A giant figure enters the room; someone other than Heather.

 

You are suddenly startled when you turn to see the giant face of a woman staring at you. It is a very pretty woman who looks to be in her mid thirties. "You...your that little person from Heather's school," the woman says. "What are you doing here?" "Please you have to help me. Your daughter is holding me prisoner. I want to get back home to my family." The giant woman opens the cage door and sets her open palm next to you. You gratefully climb up on her palm and she lifts her out. "Heather...Get in here," she yells.

 

Heather comes in the room. "Did you still this little person?," her mother asks. "No mom..I bought him from his sister." "Is this true?," her mother asks you. "Yes but.." "Okay as long as you didn't steal him," her mother says as she hands you back to Heather." "Isn't he so adorable," Heather says as she rubs against her cheek. "Yes but you must be very careful with him. He is after all a real person." "I will. I'll take real good care of him," Heather says as she places you back into the cage.

Heather's little sister Amy walks into the room and joins her mother and sister. All three of the giantesses stare at you in the cage. You feel like some sort of freak on display.

"Can I take him to school with me for show and tell?," Amy asks her mother. "He belongs to your sister, you'll have to ask her."

"Oh please Heather! Please, please, please, please with sugar on top."

Heather smiles and says yes

 

You don't sleep well that night thinking of the prospect of Amy taking you to school with her. The teenagers in high school were bad enough; you damn sure didn't want to be around a bunch of second graders.

The next day Heather and Amy prepare for school. Amy enters Heather's room with a glass mason jar in her hand. She opens the cage door and reaches inside for you. "Come on little man," she says as she grabs you. "My name is Mark not little man," you scream. Amy just giggles and drops you in the jar. She screws on a lid that has air holes punctured in it. She places the jar in her backpack and leaves for school.

 

As the class begins the kids take turns showing off various things to the other students in the classroom. When it is Amy's turn. She reaches into her backpack and grabs the jar with you inside. "And what do you have Amy?," you hear her teacher ask. "I have a little tiny man," she says as she holds up the jar proudly. She unscrews the lid and tilts the jar, causing you to roll off into her hand. She holds you tightly in her grip. "Can it talk?" you hear a girl ask. "Is it real?..I mean is he alive? a boy asks. "Yes he is real and yes he can talk," Amy says proudly. "Put me down!," you yell. All of the other kids start laughing with delight when they hear your sqeaky voice. "Make him say something else a boy says. "Go on speak," Amy commands. You say nothing so she squeezes you harder. "Please Amy stop squeezing put me down." The other kids start laughing again and Amy loosens her grip. "I've heard about this little person before," the teacher says. I thought he was going to begin classes at the high school." "He was. That is where my sister found him. He is staying with us now." "I wand to hold him" "Yea me too," various students start saying. Amy hands you to one of the other girls and you are passed around from student to student as if you were nothing but a toy. Finally Amy grabs you and places you on the teacher's desk. The teacher smiles at you. She is an extremely attractive woman in her mid twenties with curly blonde hair and green eyes. Amy places the jar next on its side next to you. "Now get back inside," she commands. You are sore all over from being handled roughly by the students. You crawl back into the jar. "He certainly minds well," the teacher remarks. Amy turns the jar upright and screws the lid back on. "Maybe he can stay here in the class for a few days. He could be our class mascot," the teacher says.

 

Amy agrees and her classmates all yell with excitement. The school bell rings and the teacher announces that it is recess time. All of the students leave the class and the teacher lifts you up in the jar. "I just can't get over how small you are," she says as you look at her giant fingers pressed against the glass of the jar. She tilts the jar and you fall out onto her other hand. "Please Miss. I don't want to stay here." "I can't believe they even let you enroll at the high school," she says. "But I'm a teenager too. I just want to try and live as normal a life as possible." "High school is for normal people. You don't belong there. You need to be taken care of." She places you on the floor between her feet. She is wearing platform sandals. "Look at you. You don't even come up to the heals of my shoes." She was right. You could barely see the tops of her pink painted toenails. "You can't just roam around free. You'll get hurt. You belong in a cage." The teacher stands up and walks to a cabinet. She pulls out a small metal cage and a bag. "We used to have a mouse that we kept in the classroom for a mascot. I think you will be much better. The kids will love you," she says as she takes the bag and pours litter on the bottom of the cage. You take the opportunity to try and escape. You take off running for the door but the loud clomping sounds of her wooden platform sandals tells you that you are going nowhere. A giant sandal clad foot crashes in front of you blocking your path. She reaches down and picks you up and drops you onto the soft litter of the cage. You can't believe what is happening. "I hope you like your new home," the teacher says as she leans down and smiles at you.

 

"Please you can't do this to me," you scream. The giant teacher just smiles and walks back to her desk. The school bell rings once again and a few minutes later, the students start to return to the classroom. Some go strait to their desks; a few of them approach the cage to look at you. A boy and two girls gather around the cage. "Look at him. He's so puny," says the boy. "He is so small I could crush him like a bug," he continues. One of the girl's giggles at his statement. The other bends down and looks at you in a caring manner. "I wish my brother was this size," the giggling girl says. If he were, he would have to do everything I say or I'd squish him under my shoe.

The boy removes a pencil from his pocket and sticks the eraser end through the cage bars. He taps you in the stomach, knocking the wind of you causing you to double over. "Careful...You'll hurt him," the caring girl says. "Oh I was just teasing him." "Alright back to your seats," the teacher yells. The students all return to your seats. You begin to feel that there is no hope.

 

"Let me out!" you scream. This causes the class to erupt in a fit of giggles. The boys all sneer at you but you notice some of the girls looking at you dreamily and whispering to Amy.

You finally doze off, but awaken just as the end of day bell rings. You see Amy coming over to the cage to take you in her hand.

"Time to go home little man, I bet Heather missed you." Amy quickly drops you, screaming and kicking, into her backpack and heads home.

 

Amy takes you straight home and goes immediately to Heather's room. Heather is there along with two of her friends from the cheerleading squad, including the girl with shoulder length brown hair, who picked you up yesterday during lunch, and a girl with dirty blonde hair that you've never seen before.

Amy takes you out and plops you on Heather's bed. You hear Heather telling Amy to get lost.

 

Amy protests, saying she wants to stay, but Heather threatens never to allow her to see you again so she obeys and leave.

“Cool!” The brown haired girl says. “Now we don’t have to share.”

 

You quickly look around to get your bearings but before you can do so the girl with brown hair quickly seizes you in her fist again, lifting you to her huge lips. You try to break free from her grip but she has you so tightly in her fist you can’t even move a muscle.

"Put me down!" you yell, but of course she just smiles and stares at you and starts playing with your limbs, trying not to hurt you but she doesn't know her own strength and she accidentally wrenches your arm a bit.

"Ow!" you cry.

"Watch it Deb!" Heather shouts, "You're hurting him!" She quickly takes you from a belligerent Deb and sets you on the bed between the three towering teens.

"I can't help it." Deb retorts, "It isn't my fault he's so weak and puny."

"Hey! Who're you calling weak and puny?" You yell up at Deb.

 

You are staring up angrily at her when the dirty blonde haired girl, who you later learn is named Jennifer, reaches out with her index finger extended and sweeps it under your feet, causing you to fall backwards. Before you can get back up she pinches you by the ankle and whisks you up like a freight elevator dangling you just in front of her pretty face.

“Wow!” She exclaims, “You really are small! You are so cute. Heather, may I borrow the little man tonight?