- Text Size +
We all began thinking of ideas of things that we could do to Aruna. The hardest part was that no one knew each other that well and it was difficult to plan something for a person that you couldn't really predict. Despite this dilemma we all took some time to brainstorm some ideas. I decided to present one of my ideas.

"What if I put super glue in those sandals she wears around the house all day. Get her socks stuck."

The girls thought for a moment before replying, "Yeah that's a good start, but we need more. Something that ensures she won't act like this again."

"What if we loosened the pull up bar in her room, and then when she got angry at came to find us, something trip her up." Rachel presented.

"I like the first part, but it might be a bit hard to place something last second. Let's due the glue and the pull-up bar, and put dye in her soap so it paints her skin a color!" Kate suggested.

We all agreed to do the prank which we suggested so we could include everyone's idea. Besides, the more the merrier. I immediately jumped to my task (as did the girls) and quickly scavenged for some super glue. I remembered having it in the kitchen one time, so I began checking my personal cabinets. After digging through the drawers, I found my weapon of choice and raced to find my target. Aruna's door was ajar, so I pushed it open just a tad more before entering the space.

Her room was much cleaner than I expected it to be and it smelt nice too. She was a bit more girly than I thought she was. Anyway, I saw her shoes lined up at the foot of the bed, with the infamous sandals closest to me. I walked up casually, unscrewing the lid to the glue. I almost felt guilty but then I remembered her stepping on me...twice. I squirted a considerable load onto each sandal, making sure to cover every part. Fortunately the super glue was full, but not after I had finished. These sandals were about to become a part of her. As I finished up my work, Rachel blasted through the door with the screwdriver in hand. I didn't need to stick around to know what she was doing.

I exited Aruna's room where I then saw Kate leaving the bathroom with a proud smirk on her face. She turned and saw me and gave me a mischievous wink. We were all so excited for Aruna to return.

Having finished our work, we all returned to the living room and turned the TV on to act as if we had been here the whole time. After an hour or so, the doorknob to the front wiggled before the door swung open. Aruna stepped into the apartment, still in her active clothes.

"Hey guys! I'm back. Oh well look at you cool cats watching TV. The laziness level is too high right now. No time for that. I gotta do some pull ups and abs and then shower before I head out to meet up with some teammates. " Aruna said, proud of her activity level for the day.

"Sure sure, carry on." Kate said, as we pretended to be engrossed in the show that was on.

Aruna didn't stick around long before taking off for her room. Her bedroom door closed behind her. We turned down the tv and waited in anticipation for a noise. Suddenly a loud crash occurred from behind the door.

"Ow. Fuck!!!" Aruna screamed "Stupid bar, I knew this thing was too cheap."

We all silently giggled while Aruna verbalized her frustration. Her door opened again and we all wiped the happiness off our faces, only to resume once the bathroom door was shut. After another 15 minutes went by, the door to the bathroom opened, but none of us dared to look I her direction as we waited for the outburst of anger. Nothing. Had she not seen it yet?

Her bedroom door closed again as she got ready in room. Finally without much of a wait, she walked out, appearing to be in a rush.

"Hey guys, I'm headed out again, I just realized I forgot my phone in my locker. I'll be right back."

We all stared. Her skin was blue from whatever Kate had put in there and the best part was that she hadn't even noticed yet. We all nodded to her statement and then quickly looked away, attempting to hide or guilt and content. I looked down and noticed the final piece to the puzzle: the sandals.

She had them on. With socks, but still on. We had just completed the trifecta prank and Aruna still had yet to realize. She hurried out and closed the door behind her. We all immediately began laughing hysterically at what we had just witnessed.

"Oh my god. Did you see her? Haha. She looked like the damn monster out of monsters inc! That was great!" Rachel noted.

"And she was acting all badass and then turns around and eats shit off her pull-up bar."

Everyone struggled to speak through the endless laughs. It truly was hilarious, although her reaction to it might not be.

"We should probably get ready for an explosion when she gets back." I said.

Everyone agreed.

After another 30 minutes, we could here Aruna's car pull up. Once the engine was off we embraced ourselves for the fiery Aruna that could walk through the door. Again, the door swung open. She took a couple steps in before glaring at all of us.

"My skin. What the hell did you do to it? Why am I blue? I have places to go tonight!"

We all exploded in laughter again refusing to answer the question.

"Ok well, we'll see who's laughing when I get it off."

She stormed off surely with the intention of showering again. We waited for the the realization to take place.

...

"Why the hell cant I get my sandals off! Heeeey! What the hell you assholes!"

We all laughed as she struggled to pull them off. She stopped for a moment.

"Okay guys, you win. Good pranks. I can't even shower now because I can't get my sandals off to take a shower and I need to shower cuz I'm blue. Well done. Okay I'm sorry about this morning. It won't happen again, and sorry if I sound condescending. I get it. I don't want to be solo so I hope you guys can accept my apology."

We were all struck by the sincere nature of her apology. She immediately went back to her room, not waiting for a response, and gently closed it behind her. The door locked and then it went silent. I now felt guilty for what we had done, but should I? We all looked at each other and then towards her door.

Well maybe she finally learned her lesson.