- Text Size +

It was another magical day in Magical Drop land, and the tarots were slowly easing back to life as usual. With the fifth Magical Drop Tournament over, Star went back to worrying about what mattered most: singing and relationships. After spending the entire day practicing her singing while walking around the Harlequin Forest with two jugs of water, she finally decided to sit down and rest her feet near a Drop tree next to a little stream. Putting down her jugs, she laid her back against the bark and was immediately assaulted with the same question that was always on her mind.

“Why can't I get a boyfriend?” Star was upset, everyone else in Drop land seemed pretty content as is, but all Star wanted was somebody cute that would love her like she is, someone she could sing to, and he would love her, and they would hug and love and...

“It's not fair...” Star pouted, she wasn't the jealous type, but all she had for company lately was those two jugs she seemed inclined to always carry. She lifted one and gently poured some water on a nearby patch of grass and watched as a beautiful yellow Lilly rose out of the ground.

She watched the Lilly intently until something caught her eye. A tiny clown was peering over the ridge of her bare foot, and slowly made his way to the Lilly. When he got there, he hunched over and started looking for something. Star, now extremely curious, shifted her bare feet from the Lilly and re-positioned herself so she could lie on her stomach, her face on her elbows as she watched the clown do whatever clowns do.

The clown shuffled a little, poking the Lilly, got up, and gave it a good smack. Suddenly, the Lilly's bud contracted and shot out a single Green Charm Ball. The clown, predicting exactly where it would land, caught the boulder sized ball (compared to his tiny body) using his hands, and turned around. He jumped.

“Hey Mr. Clown, what'chu got there?” Star smiled, she didn't want to scare the clown, but this was one of the few times she actually saw where Magic Drop Balls actually came from.

The clown, obviously very intimidated, and mute as far as humans were concerned, just stared worryingly at the massive green eyed, blue haired girl - which he could tell was trying to say something, but to him sounded more like inaudible booming.

“Is that a Magic Drop Ball?” The clown shook his head as Star gently poked the ball, her finger making the jelly like new ball squirm. “I didn't think it'd be so squishy, maybe it's cause' it's a new one or something.” Star gently picked the ball up between her fingers and sat up cross legged as she brought it closer to her face to examine it. Her eyes lit up as the tiny charm symbol floated around as her fingers slowly turned the quickly hardening ball.

The clown, a little annoyed at losing his ball, shook his head in disbelief and made his way towards the giant girl's sole. He started punching it with his hands, trying to get the girl to notice the fact that he was still there. Looking up, the clown was disappointed to see the girl still enamored with the fruit of his labor. Suddenly, with a stroke of brilliance, he reached for one of the small jingly things on his hat, detached it, and tossed it with Puzzle Clown precision at her ball stealing hand.

With a yelp, Star dropped the ball in shock as she the sharp sting of something hitting her index finger. The ball dropped, and like only a Puzzle Clown could, the clown figured exactly where the ball was going and waited for it, hands in the air as he reclaimed his prize. “Owie, that's my finger you hurt Mr. Clown, that's not nice!” Star whined, as the tiny clown made his way back around the tree.

“Nobody likes me! Even the clowns don't like me!” Star began to cry.

“That's not true my dear Starlet.” Star looked up at the familiar sound of her friend the Magician.

“I like you... As a frie-”

"YOU MEAN YOU LOVE ME?” Star jumped up and glomped the shocked Magus.

“No, NO! Don't touch me! You're just-”

“OH MAGICIAN I LOVE YOU TOO, I THOUGHT YOU WERE A CONCEITED JERK BUT YOU'RE ACTUALLY REALLY CU-”

“Star... Star... STOP IT!” Without thinking, Magician threw a magic missile and blew Star to the ground.

“M... Ma... Magician, I thought you... loved me” Star's eyes suddenly watered, and she began crying.

“No, it's not that, Star! I like you as a FRIEND, you're cute and all but I have better things to worry about.” Suddenly regretting his word choice.

“Be...Better things... Than me...?” Star cried even heavier now, the tears refilling her two jugs, which were now overfilling, Lillie’s growing all around them.

“Star...” Magician tried to explain.

“Star...!” Star kept on crying.

“STAR!” Magician cast Calm, Star immediately stood up as if a rock hit her gut. “Listen, I really like you, but I have to study to be a better Magician, that's my priority. Sorry, but I'm charming, not selfless!”

“You mean there's a chance that we'll go out.”

“Uh... Sure, a very small, tiny, insignificant chance.”

“Significant?”

“No, Insignificant, small, tiny, miniature, you know.”

Devil, who was creeping up for another one of his pranks, had found Magician's spell book and was having fun marking and remarking everything.

“Hmm, a slot for a level six spell, what should I do with this one?” He picked up the nearby magician's manual and looked for level six spells. “Hmm, size change sounds cool, how about... MINI.” He snickered as he quickly scribbled it in. “Alright, now to bring this back to Magician, I think I see him over there, next to that loser with the two jugs.”

“You mean there's STILL a chance, though.” Star was starting to feel hopeful.

“Yea, but it's a SMALL one!” The Magician was starting to get frustrated.

“But it's a chance.”

“Yea but it's so absolutely Mi-”

“HEY MAGICIAN! HEY STAR! LOOK WHAT I FOUND!” Devil swooped in behind Magician, holding the spell book wide open.

“-ni”

Suddenly, the spell book's pages began to glow.

“Oh dear.” The Magician sighed as the grim realization of what had happened crept up on him. A warm glow began to trickle out of the spell book, creating a strange mist surrounded both him and the Devil.

“Hey Magic Boy, what's going on?” The Devil yelped as he felt a tugging sensation on his chest, feet, and right about everything else.

Star watched in shock as the two Droppers rapidly dwindled in size in-front of her very eyes.

“What the heck did you do to me you spell casting idiot!” The Devil growled.

“What did I do? I'm pretty sure I DIDN'T prepare Mini today! What were you doing with my spell book!” The Magician, obviously bothered, turned around and kicked whatever was in front of him. He was surprised as his foot sunk into a deep soft, light tan, surface.