- Text Size +
"Are you sure that we should go through with this, Peeta?"
"We don't have another option, Katniss. What we should do..."
"CUT! Dammit Mark, what the hell? It was going so well until your ugly face appeared! Show some heart, my boy! Break! Back in 15!"
Ouch. Michael Bay is not the most patient director, but now he's really getting on my nerves.
See, we are filming an...adaption of Hunger Games, only that half the contestants are tiny. Michael insisted.
And while I was a small actor before, now this movie will get me on the A-list! (To be honest, I only took the job because my equal parts intelligent and beautiful girlfriend is pretty much the centerpiece for this whole franchise, so...)
"Thinking again, squirt?" (Oh, how I love that nickname), she said, as she had quietly been standing above me all this time.
"You know that you might disfunction and burn something, don't cha?" she asked with a gleeful smirk , while chewing a gum for "relaxation purposes", as she usually says.
"My dear Jenny" I started knowing well that she loathed being called that, "I'm sure that you've heard about dirty talk being the...spice to a struggling relationship, haven't you? And so, as I was thinking, maybe we..."
"WAIT A SECOND MISTER! ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT YOU WANT TO BREAK UP WITH ME?"
I smirked. Revenge was a dish better oftered...small, after all.
"No, Jenny. Just a friendly reminder, though, that I get to pick every movie or series we get to watch for the rest of this month, and I'm sure that you can't get enough of Hoosiers!" I said, all the while watching my beloved's expression change from a angsty to a confused and finally back to a deflated one as the sad reality finally registered to her, that she had lost yet another of the bets she so loved to place.
"Whatever God took from you in size, he most certainly gave it back to you in wit. I'm sure of that."
"Sexyness too, don't forget." Oh, the irony.
And of course, this not-so-well-thought comment earned me a halfhearted flick in my face, which actually felt like more of a slap to me.
"BACK IN FIVE!" Michael's voice rang throughout the studio. I hate this prick.
"Anyway, Romeo, have to go and change for the next scene. Don't get lost, please."
"Wait, oh fair maiden! Won't I get a kiss as a reprize for the earlier slap?" Fair enough, right?
"First of all, it was a flick. And in case you have forgotten, which I'm totally sure you do, the scene where we make out and shit is right up ahead. You won't keep a lady waiting, right? Adios, mon amour!"
And with a mock curtsy, she went backstage to change, giving me a good chance to actually reflect on our relationship for once.
You see...we are not a match made in heaven, for sure. I was a small(both in size and in fame) actor starring on mostly indie or B-movies. But somehow I was invited to the Oscars as a representative of the "physically impared", commonly named as shrinkies. I was actually assigned to the same table with Jennifer at the afterparty, and seeing that everybody was either drunk or laid(man, the things I saw in there were enough to keep me away from gossip for a lifetime), she started talking to me. One thing led to another, and before you'd know...we were somewhere in downtown L.A, me naked on a pillow and Jennifer vomiting in the toilet and generally going through the phases of that wonderful thing called hangover. Once we were both somewhat sober, we started wandering what the fuck happened last night. As it turned out, nothing that was NSFW, just us sitting on a bed and saying corny jokes and random facts about our lives. Did you know that she was a Louisville fan? I didn't.
While the sensible thing would've been to bribe me and never talk to anyone, we somehow kept contact and gradually built our relationship away from the spotlight...until a son of a bitch from TMZ filmed us making out and uploaded it on YouTube.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Back to the present though, Michael Bay is signaling for us to get back into position. It's showtime, everybody!
Nontheless, when I see Jeniffer...woah. Aside from the fact that she's like an ancient statue in height, she seems beautiful to me even though she's caked in mud. We're on the 74th Hunger Games, remember?
"You better close your mouth or you gonna catch some flies, bro." she says while extending a hand in order to carry me back to the scene, although...I can see her lightly blushing under the heavy makeup.
I climb atop her quite steady hand and we're off to the filming spot.
*A couple of minutes later*
"Katniss...what if we die here?" I say, as explosions can be heard on the background. This is a Michael Bay film, after all.
"No, Peeta, we won't. Just...just be calm, ok? And know that I love you, no matter what happens today." As she says that, I can see her whole face coming closer to me until I'm all but engulfed by her lips.
To be honest, it was supposed to last just a couple of seconds(precious screen time, anyone?), buuuut, let's just say it went on for quite some time...
Have you ever felt...a connection with your beloved? A silent understanding that both of you are thinking the same thing? Well...that happened today, as her clear blue eyes were focused on me, and I could see...adorement in them? This was not an act, for one.
"CUT! CUUUUT! WHAT THE FUCK! THIS ISN'T A GODDAMN PORN! WE ARE MAKING ART PEOPLE! GET ON WITH THE PLAN, DAMMIT!"
"Are you done?" Jennifer/Katniss asked, and I could see the wheels turning on her head.
"YES!"
"OK. Well...FUCK YOU!" And with that beautiful phrase, we both strode out of the studios while everyone(crew, cameramen, actors, Michael Bay himself) was too stunned to even move.
"Jennifer...about what happened there..." I started, not being sure what she thought.
"What? I just saw two young people madly in love with each other. And by the way, I do." Wait...what? WHAT?
" I don't remember giving you a marriage proposal. Or a ring, for that matter."
"Oh, I know. Just because...you know, it'll be a nuicance to buy a ring, much less carry it...I just accepted." Okay...I guess.
"And don't forget", she said as we stepped onto the car, " there won't be an obnoxious director to interupt us in my house" Okay, okay, I couldn't hide my grin. Happy now?
"I know, but you need to take a shower first, right?"
"Oh I know...and you'll get to be a special guest! Fasten your seatbelt, honey."
Oh...this is the good life, as Yeezy says. The goooood life.
Chapter End Notes:
1500+ words! (bigger than the other two combined)
Will get away for a while to continue on the Kate Upton much-requested sequel.
Hint: There's a beach involved ;)